Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Trust of a Lifetime 《情事緝私檔案》

Default The Trust of a Lifetime 《情事緝私檔案》

I just read the review for this 2002 series and it seems very interesting. I would love more opinions, though. What do you guys think of this series?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-10-09 at 01:56 AM.

i remember enjoying this series. but i think it went kinda downhill during the latter parts...can't really remember much...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

got any pictures? i might reconize this series.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    got any pictures? i might reconize this series.
    It's this series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if im not mistaken, they are private detectives right?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    if im not mistaken, they are private detectives right?
    Yep, that's correct.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I REALLY enjoyed this series...well I'm a sucker for detective style series so I guess I'm willing to say anything and yes near the end it got draggy. I wish they had like some big case that involved the characters or something. But I quite enjoyed it and I personally think both main characters did quite well.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

I'm glad that this thread was brought back "alive". Thanks Lady Zhuge!

I enjoyed this series especially Amy Kwok, Roger and Paul Chun but I just can't stand Roger's gf (Karen Tong). Somehow, the ending is like A Herbalist Affair.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    well I'm a sucker for detective style series
    Ditto! That's why I'm watching this series.

I'm glad to read that most of you guys liked it. Is it true that the cases have interesting twists like the review says? I'm on episode 3 and it's pretty good so far. In the first case, Akina's missing husband's face is never shown. I wonder if that's significant?

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas

I enjoyed this series especially Amy Kwok, Roger and Paul Chun but I just can't stand Roger's gf (Karen Tong). Somehow, the ending is like A Herbalist Affair.
    No problem, bubcas. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

I haven't seen AHA yet, so I don't know what the ending will be like. That's probably a good thing, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas

oh yes, karen tong did annoy the hell out of me!
    cherrie

Karen's character is pretty dull.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Her character (Karen Tong) changed completley near the end but I wont say much. Yes the cases they deal with (well what I remember from the beginning) are unique...so its not much of a police investigative about murders and such its more about the hidden lives of certain people. I thoroughly enjoyed this series...makes me wanna watch it again.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

The first case ended on a sad note. I guessed the twist because I'd recently watched Placebo Cure and there was a case a bit similar to it where a man had a sex change as well. Such notions are no longer outrageous and shocking as perhaps when The Trust of a Lifetime first came out.

Now I'm on the missing dog case.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The missing dog case is also very sad at the end. I wont mention anymore honest! How old is TTOAL? 01 or 02?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Oh no, another sad ending? Hehe, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the third case will have a happy ending.

The Trust of a Lifetime is from 2002.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, once you think deeply its even more sad then the first one...thats just my opinion anyways, but I very much enjoyed this series. It really shows more about how people interact with others and the way that due to some circumstances change to hope that others will view them differently. Anyways 2002...that doesnt sound that long ago but once you think about it...its almost 4 years ago....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

2002 doesn't seem like long ago, but modern TVB storylines have made steps forward each year in terms of views on sexual preference. I've finished this series now, so I'm not afraid of spoilers anymore although others who haven't seen it yet may be. So...

****SPOILERS!!!***

Yes, the second case was very sad. I would have felt sorry for the woman whose husband tried to leave her for Karen's character, but she mistreated and poisoned the dog who didn't do anything wrong. I was surprised that the husband commit suicide. It happened so fast. If he felt guilty for putting the two women in difficult situations and being selfish, then his decision to kill himself was an even more selfish act considering Karen's pregnancy.

I was relieved that the third case actually ended on a happy note. Does anyone know the name of the actor who played Yvonne's husband? He looks familar and yet I don't really see him in recent TVB series anymore.

This series moved at a nice pace until about episode 17+ when it became draggy with the love triangle between Amy, Roger, and Karen. Karen was annoying, but I guess her actions were understandable considering her desire for a family complete with a mommy and daddy for her baby. It's maternal instinct for a security blanket, but her actions were still selfish. The series didn't reveal whether or not Roger was really the biological father of Karen's child, but what do you guys think? Did Karen lie in her diary to "force" Roger to feel responsible for her and the child or was she finally telling the truth?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

*Spoiler*

Even the last episode, we still don't know if Roger is the biological father of Karen's baby. It was like a question mark. Even tho whatever Karen wrote on her diary but she don't deserve to be with Roger especially what she did to Roger. I felt sorry for Amy tho.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

People do become selfish when they want something so badly.

Spoilers
    Yes she was evil to the fact that she killed the dog but at times I felt sorry for her cos it seemed like she didnt do anything wrong. If her husband did love her...he wouldn't be in that mess. In this case he didnt even bother reading the letters thus leading to his ungrateful fate.

I dont believe (or maybe hope) that the baby isn't his. I mean she told him at the time when it was quite obvious that she was vulnerable and needed someone to lean on and this case Roger was the one who could do that.

I think this is the first time I've seen Karen Tong act...is this like her last series?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

*emo post. may contain spoilers*

hey i like this series!! watched it THRICE!! i like the case of this woman falling off her apartment because of her husband who had an affair with karen tong. it was full of suspense and it was cool how amy and roger detected a video camera hidden in the ceiling.

sigh, i actually cried in the scene where they were reading the love letters - all talking about how the husband and wife met each other. the woman did so much for her husband so he could be a lawyer. anyway at first i was quite annoyed about how the woman controlled her husband and all, but realised that it was for his own good. really pitied her in the end.

the husband commited suicide in his jail cell. he finally realised who he truly loved.