Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Step Into The Past 《尋秦記》

Quote Originally Posted by mysterl0us
    so what happens to history in the end? did raymond conquer over all of china?
    you'll haf to wait and c.. what episode r u on?
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    you'll haf to wait and c.. what episode r u on?
    well actually... i finished the series but i still don't get it ???

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    yeah i totally agree with u... louis should of ended up with joyce and jessica. I felt so sorry for her when she didnt end up with him.
    yeah, me too!! oh, poor joyce... shes so much prettier than SONIJA!! (no offense to her fans) i mean, their chemistry should have been all worth it to allow them to be a couple can anyone tell me any ancient series where joyce is the lead female who actually ended up her lover??

wat i wanna know is, is luis still remembered and mentioned in history? they said something about no longer existing if ppl neva mention you
    by the way, did raymond lose to the war? they don't tell us.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/tvbgallery/michellesaram-asitp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/tvbgallery/asitp-themesong.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/tvbgallery/A_Step_into_the_Past_full.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/tvbgallery/cap003.jpg')
    i was surprised that luis got everyone's affection

I'm currently watching A step into the Past right now. I find the storyline really motivating! I can't get over the fact that they've put together a fantastic CAST!! What do you guys think of the series??
    i think u need to know how to FIND......there is already a thread on it......

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    i think u need to know how to FIND......there is already a thread on it......
    i searched for a thread using the search link but there werent any

i searched for a thread using the search link but there werent any
    there used to be a big thread but maybe it on the out...i only found this
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8077

raymond really looks evil here right? i shudder whenever i think he killed that baby
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

huh! i just finished rewatching ep. 6 of asitp and it is a great time killer even though i watched it before.

I thought it was quite a good series, but sometimes, too modern things were added and it got a bit weird, like the the music when Jess was dancing on the drum. It was so strange, and the "I love you!" as well.

Louis was great, but his character was overshadowed at the end by Ray's fab performance and and Kong Wah. Ray was excellent the whole wya through from innocent to cruel tyrant.

The girls were quiet disappointing tho except for Joyce, who kept a consistent performance. Michelle's acting was horrible and she looked out of place. Sonija was bland, both character and actress. Jess was good at the beginning tho her character was annoying, but after the incident her character became so weak and uninteresting that she got overshadowed by the vibrant Joyce. I thought Jess was good, but no ground-breaking performance.

Kong Wah looked very uncomfortable as Lin Jun in the beginning, as if he got a stiff neck or something (e.g. scene when trying to kiss a drunk Jess). He has bad chemistry with everyone while in Chiu kingdom, and tried too hard to look cool. But then after geting defeated, Kong Wah really performed as the uselss yet vengeful man, and became even better in the latter half as Lo Oi. He seemed more natural in the scheming, flirting, and fighting. He has quite good chemistry with Eileen and really got my attention after his incident (his character seemed to have more depth), and during his last scene.

Shirley was quite good as Madam Ngar, and not to mention having quite good chemistry with Waise Lee and Ray. She showed the courage yet weakness of her tragic character very well.

Eileen was very bad as Lady Chu. She was montonous and she is very bad at crying. But besides good chemistry with Kong Wah, she didn't really stand out execpt for her last scene where I was moved.

Waise Lee was excellent as the villian Chiu Muk, so natural in being evil and perverted that at least half of my family wnated to chuck something at the TV.

Kwok Fung did a fab job as Lui But Wai as well, a great villianous performance that had anger, ambition, hatred, yet love and care.

Sherming was surprisingly bland in her portray of Lui Leung Yung, but I think that's probably due to her limited character and her pairing with that bland actor.

The guest stars:

Cheung Lui as Greybeard Bandit: I was surprised that he was in here as all since the last time I saw him was in ROCH 83 and the Golden Wheel Monk. I have always liked this veteran actor and he did a good job as the friendly yet evil bandit.

Jimmy Au as Tou Fong: Quite good as the loyal servant and very funny when trying to deal with the "strange-speaking" Louis.

Yuen Wah as Louis's teacher: Loved his humour to death.

Gordon Liu as Joyce's teacher: I thought he tried too hard to be cool as well, and not much acting but great fighting as expected.

Mary Hon as the Dance Troupe Owner: Quite funny, but nothing fab.

Wong Wai as Jess's dad: Nice and suitable performance.

Derek Kwok as General Wong Jeen: Yum! In his short screen time, he should the honour and loyalty of this character. And his fighting scenes were great.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

TommyH
    Unregistered

I just finished ep. 8 and I have to comment that this series is soo good.

Man, I have been watching this for sooooooooooooooooo long ago. -_-- I don't really remember much except the big events. (maybe? -__-)
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Alice725
    Man, I have been watching this for sooooooooooooooooo long ago. -_-- I don't really remember much except the big events. (maybe? -__-)
    yea i can't remember much of this series since it was so long since i watched it. i think this is why when i rewatched it today, it was soooo good.

TommyH
    Unregistered

anyways who sang the themesong to asitp. sounds like louis but it also sounds like raymond. but i think it's raymond...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    anyways who sang the themesong to asitp. sounds like louis but it also sounds like raymond. but i think it's raymond...
    It's Louis. And how could you think it's Raymond?! Raymond is a better singer than Louis...no contest.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    It's Louis. And how could you think it's Raymond?! Raymond is a better singer than Louis...no contest.
    Actually, this one of Louis's better songs, normally, he goes totally off the tune on high notes. It happens if you hear the full version of the ASTIP main theme. Raymond is so much better.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    heh. i'm not a "big" ray fan but i'm serious when i said it sounds bit like ray.

I remember watching this series! I thought the idea behind the plot was interesting. I loved all the funny bits when Louis had to get used to the life back in the olden days.:P
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

It was an ok series. The beginning was pretty funny but got pretty serious towards the end.