Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Step Into The Past 《尋秦記》

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    It was an ok series. The beginning was pretty funny but got pretty serious towards the end.
    But the plot remained great and it wasn't draggy. The later episodes are cool but my favorite episodes were the first couple when Louis just enters the time machine and goes back to Ancient time.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    But the plot remained great and it wasn't draggy. The later episodes are cool but my favorite episodes were the first couple when Louis just enters the time machine and goes back to Ancient time.
    Definitely. I liked the pace the series went at, but I haven't watched it in a LONG time so now I really want to watch it again.:P
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemaloney
    Definitely. I liked the pace the series went at, but I haven't watched it in a LONG time so now I really want to watch it again.:P
    maybe you could get it somewhere and rewatch it? i rewatched it a while ago but i forgot most of it and as i rewatch it now i think the plot of this series is excellent and is certainly better than a lot of tvb's current series.

maybe you could get it somewhere and rewatch it? i rewatched it a while ago but i forgot most of it and as i rewatch it now i think the plot of this series is excellent and is certainly better than a lot of tvb's current series.
    I think I'm going to buy the DVD so I can watch it as many times as I want. I remember enjoying it very much.:P

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think I'm going to buy the DVD so I can watch it as many times as I want. I remember enjoying it very much.:P
    yeah definately. even thought this, like many of tvb's series, aren't loyal to the book, it's still definately worth watching.

before i watched this because of louis, but when i rewatched this, i watched because of raymond
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    before i watched this because of louis, but when i rewatched this, i watched because of raymond
    lol

louis and raymond definately made the show a lot better. if it was some foreign actor from mainland or taiwan or something then i won't watch...

lol

louis and raymond definately made the show a lot better. if it was some foreign actor from mainland or taiwan or something then i won't watch...
    Oh definitely. Raymond's acting was impressive even though he was still quite new at the time. Louis was great as well. I love his adapting to the life in the old days.:P

yes certainly agree. i hated raymond to the core there, but at the same time i can't help but admire how he turned into a ruthless emperor later on, considering he's good in the beginning
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

i downloaded episode 23-25 but now i'm having problems with ep. 26-28. for some reason my download keeps freezing.

why don't you just rent?
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

why don't you just rent?
    because my damn rental store doesn't have anything before 2003. and they don't have anything that got low ratings for rental anymore (from the past).

what?! aw that's bad! but who knows, they might acquire it again because it got released in dvd recently
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

what?! aw that's bad! but who knows, they might acquire it again because it got released in dvd recently
    maybe but i tried downloading again and am already 7% done (it's a 3 ep. rar file).

Exclamation

totally agree, dis was an awesome series
    i luved the storyline n how the characters revolved around it!
    i really liked louis in it, he looked really good
    plus raymond did a fabulous job portraying his partially evil character
    i really wanna watch dis again since it's been soooo long!!
    btw, does any1 by any chance have the themesong? if u do...can u plz upload it for me? thx!
    LaLaLa
    This is my fab siggie
    LaLaLa

xox

TommyH
    Unregistered

hmph i'm up to episode 26 and i knew it was the right thing to rewatch asitp

Love Joyce Tang in here. Can anyone remind me of the ending again? Louis stayed back in the past right? And he ended up with Sonija?

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    Love Joyce Tang in here. Can anyone remind me of the ending again? Louis stayed back in the past right? And he ended up with Sonija?
    Me too! Louis stayed in the past and ended up with Sonija and Jessica. I think both of them were pregnant, and he already had a son. I forgot the name of the son, but he saw a bird (the details are quite vague), and said that he wanted to change his name to 'Yuu' - 'Hong Yuu'. And Louis, knowing what's going to happen already in history, ran after him and told him to change his name. Oh, and Raymond burned all the history books that had Louis' name in it so he would not be recorded & remembered in history.

Talking

Me too! Louis stayed in the past and ended up with Sonija and Jessica. I think both of them were pregnant, and he already had a son. I forgot the name of the son, but he saw a bird (the details are quite vague), and said that he wanted to change his name to 'Yuu' - 'Hong Yuu'. And Louis, knowing what's going to happen already in history, ran after him and told him to change his name. Oh, and Raymond burned all the history books that had Louis' name in it so he would not be recorded & remembered in history.
    thx for the detail
    now the memories r rushin bak to me!
    yup, i liked joyce tang in dis series
    she played a really likeable role
    LaLaLa
    This is my fab siggie
    LaLaLa

xox

Quote Originally Posted by sour_skittlez
    thx for the detail
    now the memories r rushin bak to me!
    yup, i liked joyce tang in dis series
    she played a really likeable role
    You're welcome, hehe. I tried my best, but I don't remember a lot of what happens near the middle but I remember most of the ending.