Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touching Wuxia moments

Default Touching Wuxia moments

What sort of things sort of touched your heart in the Wuxia world? Here's one of mine regarding Li Mo Chou's death:

"Wu San Tong and his two sons, Wu Shuang and Cheng Ying had a very deep animosity toward her, and had always wanted their revenge. But now that she was dead, they did not feel a single ray of joy in their hearts. Huang Rong remembered how the demoness – despite of her evil and cruel character – had taken care of her little Guo Xiang with love and kindness for many-many days. She then lifted the baby up, put her little hands together, and waved them toward the blazing fire; as a gesture of final respect toward the ill-fated woman."

HSDS chapter 39

谢逊朗声道:“我谢逊作恶多端,原没想能活到今日,天下英雄中,有哪一位的亲人师友曾为谢某所害,便请来取 了谢某的性命去,无忌,你不得阻止,更不得事后报复,免增你义父罪业。”张无忌含泪答应。
      群雄中虽有不少人与他怨仇极深,但见他报复自己全家血仇,只是废去成昆的武功,而他自己武功也已毁了, 若再上前刺他一剑,打他一拳,实不是英雄好汉的行径。人丛中忽然走出一条汉子,说道:“谢逊,我父亲雁翎飞 天刀邱老英雄伤在你手下,我给先父报仇来啦!”说着走到他身前。谢逊黯然道:“不错,令尊确是在下所害,便 请邱兄动手。”那姓邱的汉子拔刀在手,走上两步。
      张无忌心中一片混乱,若不出手阻止,义父便命丧这汉子刀下,但若将这汉子打发了,只怕反令义父有生之年 更增烦恼,何况他双目已盲,武功全失,活在世上是否尚有生人之乐,实在也难说得很。他身子发颤,不由自主的 也踏上了两步。谢逊喝道:“无忌,如你阻人报仇,对我是大大的不孝。我死之后,你到地牢中细细察看,便知一 切。”那姓邱汉子举刀当胸,突然眼中垂下泪来,一口唾沫,吐到了谢逊脸上,哽咽道:“先父一世英雄,如他老 人家在天之灵,见我手刃一个武功全失的盲人,定然恼我不肖……”呛啷一声,单刀落地,掩面奔入 人丛。
      跟着又有一个中年妇人走出,说道:“谢逊,我为我丈夫阴阳判官秦大鹏报仇来啦。”走到谢逊面门,也是一 口唾沫吐到了他脸上,大哭走开。张无忌见义父接连受辱,始终直立不动,心中痛如刀割。武林豪士于生死看得甚 轻,却决计不能受辱,所谓“士可杀而不可辱”。这二人每人一口唾沫吐在他脸上,实是最大的侮辱,谢逊却安然 忍受,可知他于过去所作罪业,当真痛悔到了极点。人丛中一个又一个的出来,有的打谢逊两记耳光,有的踢他一 脚,更有人破口痛骂,谢逊始终低头忍受,既不退避,更不恶言相报

That, and when GSLE gave her life up for Yang Guo... I cried at both those scence and when I read that part in the novel
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

though this question was asked before, my answer is still the same. mine continues to be the hsds adaptation scene whereby the er-mei disciples bade zzr a good farewell after zzr was the one willing to stand up against golden granny. (zzr does have her good character too).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    What sort of things sort of touched your heart in the Wuxia world? Here's one of mine regarding Li Mo Chou's death:

"Wu San Tong and his two sons, Wu Shuang and Cheng Ying had a very deep animosity toward her, and had always wanted their revenge. But now that she was dead, they did not feel a single ray of joy in their hearts. Huang Rong remembered how the demoness – despite of her evil and cruel character – had taken care of her little Guo Xiang with love and kindness for many-many days. She then lifted the baby up, put her little hands together, and waved them toward the blazing fire; as a gesture of final respect toward the ill-fated woman."
    Gwok Seung had a gift for bringing out the goodness hidden deep within even the most evil of characters. It affected Lee Mok Sau, and it later also affected the Golden Wheel Monk. These monsters became human beings under her influence.

When Guo Xiang jumped down the cilff to beg Yang Guo not to commit suicide.

Ni Kuang, JY's best friend, reckons that the scene in the brothel (DOMD) with WXB and the 7 ladies is the most touching. I reckon the old bloke has a good point.

Xie Xun's final battle with Cheng Kun and his destroying his own kungfu then allowing people to take revenge on him without fighting back is one that gets my vote.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Ni Kuang, JY's best friend, reckons that the scene in the brothel (DOMD) with WXB and the 7 ladies is the most touching. I reckon the old bloke has a good point.
    Heh. Yeah. All kinds of touching going on there.

Now and always, Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong ending decades of enmity in a moment of laughter before death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Now and always, Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong ending decades of enmity in a moment of laughter before death.
    I enjoy it from a literary point of view, but it's a bit too far-fetched (two exhausted old farts going HAHA then dropping dead is kinda too convenient unbelievable ) so I don't rank it as high as some other ones.

Yeah Ken, Master Ni Kuang is a great guy. He's the one that made Ah Zhi go blind by the way, and no matter how pissed JY was with his change, he had to keep it. Yay! I hate that biatch.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Yup, what you folks mentioned. In addition, there was one scene in the middle of DGSD, in the chapter with the insurrection/putsch in Liao, in which Xiao Feng returned to his tent after a day of witnessing futile resistence on the part of his sworn brother, the Liao Emperor. He found Ah Zi waiting up for him. She asked him (rather innocently) if he blamed her for the mess they were in. Their subsequent exchange was rather touching. Particularly the part where he went over to stroke her hair, and she said that she finally understood the reason for her sister's depth of love for him. Ah Zi was quite sweet here, like the innocent young girl she was supposed to be. This was a tender moment, though it reflected how clueless Xiao Feng was with matters of the heart.

Another moving scene was the one in which Xiao Feng and gang were gathered in a farm house, after the various confrontations/battles in Shaolin. Ah Zi destroyed a sewing machine (or some other trifle) in one of her tantrums, and Xiao Feng threw quite a fit. They quarreled, made up, yada-yada, and then Ah Zi asked Xiao Feng why he flared up. There was this poignant moment when he gave a deep sigh and replied that the house they were in used to belong to his late foster parents, and the sewing machine Ah Zi so willfully ruined was his mum's treasured possession.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

About Ni Kuang, I find Ni Kuang a rather hypocritical man when it comes to his views on "Jinyongology."
    In his "My views on Jin Yong" book series, he has heavily attacked Huang Rong because he disliked how she treated the young Yang Guo. At a certain point it was not even normal anymore, he deliberately looked for small harmless details in LOCH to prove that Huang Rong was petty and hypocritical even in her younger years. Ni Kuang's examples raised my eyebrows, he dislikes Guo Jing because he is the husband of Huang Rong. He is a real Guo Jing basher and not a very objective one either. On top of that master Ni Kuang found Wei Xiaobao to be more of a hero than Guo Jing. As much as I like Wei Xiaobao, he is NOT a hero and certainly cannot be compared to a very heroic Guo Jing.

And this is not all, he thinks that the entire Quanzhen School (minus) Wang Chongyang is trash. (Apart from Zhao Zhijing, Lu Qingdu and some others, the majority of Quanzhen was okay. I am not sure if Ni Kuang has read the same book as most people did). He expressed many times that he hated the scene how Yin Zhiping (in earlier editions and now Zhen Zhibing) raped Xiao Longnu but he said that when Wei Xiaobao and those 7 girls were having sex in the brothel was a very good and touching part. My first thought was: What the hell!?! Is the man daft!?!
    So, Wei Xiaobao is allowed to rape women and when he does it, it is funny, wonderful to read about. But if Zhen Zhibing (or in the past Yin Zhiping) raped Xiao Longnu, the entire Quanzhen school is to blame for that crime. That makes a lot of sense, Mr. Ni Kuang.
    Talk about double standards.

I read his books on "Jinyongology" and to be frank the man disappoints me. If there is anyone who is fake* and hypocritical* that man must be Ni Kuang.
    Last edited by Athena; 03-01-06 at 01:09 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

when Wei Xiaobao and those 7 girls were having sex in the brothel was a very good and touching part. My first thought was:What the hell!?! Is the man daft!?!
    what were his reasons for explaining these parts as a touching moments???

Anways...ummm some sentimental parts I can think of are:

GJ's eyes filling up with tears after seeing YG display his level of martial arts during the hero's meet, and ZWJ at brightness peak after being injured as heck telling his uncle to go ahead and kill him( he said this with sincerity and no anger in his heart) and then all the wudang heroes realizing that the man was WJ....kind of had me a bit chocked up ....

Ni Kuang, JY's best friend, reckons that the scene in the brothel (DOMD) with WXB and the 7 ladies is the most touching. I reckon the old bloke has a good point
    After reading this the thread "the most touching moments in wuxia" seem weird and out of place now...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

That, and when GSLE gave her life up for Yang Guo
    Who is GSLE?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Who is GSLE?
    Gong Sun Luo Er.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    I read his books on "Jinyongology" and to be frank the man disappoints me. If there is anyone who is fake* and hypocritical* that man must be Ni Kuang.
    I think you need to see his "touching" comment from a different angle. Anyway, it's very obvious that Master Ni Kuang is full of that brown substance. Hell he sounds like one of those YG fankids.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    what were his reasons for explaining these parts as a touching moments???

ZWJ at brightness peak after being injured as heck telling his uncle to go ahead and kill him( he said this with sincerity and no anger in his heart) and then all the wudang heroes realizing that the man was WJ....kind of had me a bit chocked up
    Yes, can someone explain how that man Wei Xiaobao and those 7 girls were having sex in the brothel was a very good and touching part!?!? From just that paragraph by itself it seems very disgusting.

Yeah... ZWJ at brightness peak had me choked up too. I thought that if he were to just die here I'd think of him as a hero. Later on though... I thought of him as nothing more than a manipulative flirt. Poor ZZR...

I also like this part (also at brightness peak) Still thankful of her advice earlier, Zhang WuJi did not even try to approach her. But as a result, it made things worse by singling her out. Zhou ZhiRuo thought this might happen, so she was one of the first to attack. But Zhang WuJi’s speed is simply way too fast for her. Besides, he purposely avoided her, preventing her from giving up her sword. Ding MinJun said in a cold voice, “Sister Zhou, he really does treat you differently.” By this time, Zhang WuJi went back to concentrating on fighting Mie Jue, each sword stroke aiming directly at her vital points. Mie Jue, who while trying to dodge and block the oncoming assault, heard Ding MinJun’s words clearly. She suddenly thought, “Why doesn’t this kid take ZhiRuo’s sword too? Could there really be something between them? I need to test this.” So she immediately yelled, “ZhiRuo! Are you going against your master?” As she spoke, her sword quickly shot towards Zhou ZhiRuo’s chest.
    *skips a few lines*
    After having witnessed her personally kill Ji XiaoFu, Zhang WuJi could only assume the worst. So without thinking, he raced ahead of Mie Jue, picked up Zhou ZhiRuo by her waist, and flew several yards away.
    *skips another few paragraphs*
    Then he stepped back a few steps slowly, when suddenly Zhou ZhiRuo struggled against his hold, yelling, “Let me go!” Zhang WuJi said in shock, “Oh! Forgot!” His face pure red as she let her go, only to smell a faint flowery scent as her headband went by his nose. Zhang WuJi couldn’t help but take a look at her, only to see her face a bit pale, looking very bashful. Although she tried to look mad, he could see in her eyes extreme joy and happiness.

It's not nessesarily "touching", but it's one of my favorite moments
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Yes, can someone explain how that man Wei Xiaobao and those 7 girls were having sex in the brothel was a very good and touching part!?!? From just that paragraph by itself it seems very disgusting.
    It's self-explanatory when you get older.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    It's self-explanatory when you get older.
    You'd be surprised how often I get that....
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Ni Kuang's examples raised my eyebrows, he dislikes Guo Jing because he is the husband of Huang Rong. He is a real Guo Jing basher and not a very objective one either. On top of that master Ni Kuang found Wei Xiaobao to be more of a hero than Guo Jing. As much as I like Wei Xiaobao, he is NOT a hero and certainly cannot be compared to a very heroic Guo Jing.
    This is the most bias statement I've ever read. I'm no big fan of Guo Jing, but anyone who can think Wei Xiaobao is more heroic than Guo Jing must have seriously injured his head.

He expressed many times that he hated the scene how Yin Zhiping (in earlier editions and now Zhen Zhibing) raped Xiao Longnu but he said that when Wei Xiaobao and those 7 girls were having sex in the brothel was a very good and touching part.
    How can raping 7 women at one go when they are unconcious be a touching moment? U can say it's sexy, hot, kinky (if u want to say something good about the act) but touching?!!
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩