Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • LT

5 62.50%
  • alexander

3 37.50%

Thread: The OFFICIAL LT vs Alexander thread

Default The OFFICIAL LT vs Alexander thread

who is better LT (tomlinson) or shaun alexander?

for me i gotta go with alexander, hes explosive and consistent
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i always think LT is n was kind of overrated..........

Banned

WTF LT is way better than Alexander.....

LT is NOT OVERRATED you have it the other way around. Alexander is overrated. LT is the best back in football, period. Alexnader is on a better team.

in tat case, do u think Reggie Bush is overrated??

Banned

hard to say b/c LT was sick in NCAA. NCAA isn't the NFL. Wait till Bush is in NFL. But my guess is that he probably is NOT considering most NCAA top drafts become something spectacular, at least these last few years...then again...shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    who is better LT (tomlinson) or shaun alexander?

for me i gotta go with alexander, hes explosive and consistent
    LT no doubt.

I don't question Shaun Alexander's status as one of the top runner in the league. but much of his success these last two years can be attributed to the people he runs behind. you think it's a coincidence that Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, and Mack Strong were named all pro with him at the same time? in case you don't recognize the names, they are the people who blocks and opens the lane up for him.

why is LT so good. as a pure runner, he's definitely among the elites. you want to talk about explosiveness, watch any of his games? he has it. consistency? 18 straight games with a TD. as a receiver coming out of the backfield, he's again the best at his position. His production has decreased a little these two past seasons because now they have a all pro tightend in Gates, he's no longer the focal point of the entire offense. he's the complete back in its truest sense.

how great will Bush be? nobody knows. he looks like a lighter version of LT (about 20 pounds lighter). they even worked out together last off season. and watching his college highlights, he's nothing short of amazing. overrated? right now I would say no.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    LT no doubt.

I don't question Shaun Alexander's status as one of the top runner in the league. but much of his success these last two years can be attributed to the people he runs behind. you think it's a coincidence that Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, and Mack Strong were named all pro with him at the same time? in case you don't recognize the names, they are the people who blocks and opens the lane up for him.

why is LT so good. as a pure runner, he's definitely among the elites. you want to talk about explosiveness, watch any of his games? he has it. consistency? 18 straight games with a TD. as a receiver coming out of the backfield, he's again the best at his position. His production has decreased a little these two past seasons because now they have a all pro tightend in Gates, he's no longer the focal point of the entire offense. he's the complete back in its truest sense.

not to mention LT can throw touchdowns.

LT is running behind a good offensive line and fallback too, but look at where san deigo is now? look at seattle? seattle going super bowl. and theres a reason why alexander was mvp

Banned

LT is running behind a good offensive line and fallback too, but look at where san deigo is now? look at seattle? seattle going super bowl. and theres a reason why alexander was mvp
    Alexander had a great season. He's a good player. Just overrated. Sure he can cut with the best of them, but he also has a much better team than San Diego, at least they have a pro bowl quarterback and a good offence all around. He's MVP because he really had great stats this year and not to mention, Seattle plays in the NFC. AFC is much more competitive for the past few years. Seattle had one of the best teams in the NFC for the past 3 years.

LT is sheer talent. It's like comparing Tom Brady against Peyton Manning. Manning is a better QB, but Brady has won many super bowls thus making him not only a good QB but a good clutch player. LT's team is not as good as Seattle.

LT has been consistently at or near the top among running backs as well for the past few years. LT is still regarded as the best fantasy player in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    LT has been consistently at or near the top among running backs as well for the past few years. LT is still regarded as the best fantasy player in football.
    Best fantasy football player after the touchdown machine known as S. Alexander.

LT, because he's younger and his stats so far are amazing. Alexander just had a breakout year in his 6th year, LT had better seasons on average than Alexander before that. Alexander just had a good team in 2005-2006, while LT's was struggling. You can't compare backs and QB's just via direct comparison. You have to take everything into analysis.

LT is running behind a good offensive line and fallback too
    Lorenzo Neal is a very good blocking FB. but you just can't compare SD's line to what Seattle has on that left side, what many consider to be potential hall of famers.

but look at where san deigo is now? look at seattle? seattle going super bowl.
    well, SD's schedule didn't exactly play in their favor either. they are in probably the toughest division in football these past few years. Playing Denver and KC twice a year is no easy walk in the park. Then they had to play a much improved NFC east, New England, Pittsburgh and Indy (the hottest team in football until SD beat their starters at Indy). that was a very tough schedule. They lost 5 of 7 games by 4 points or less. And one of the remaining two losses was essentially a meaningless game where Brees was injurred early in the game. SD is very good team, much better team than what their record shows. Give SD Seattle's schedule and I bet you they'd be deep in the playoffs too.

and theres a reason why alexander was mvp
    yes, he had a great year. In fact he had two great consecutive years. but he also had two first team all pros opening the lane up for him. (Jones in '04, '05 and Hutchinson in '03, '05)
    Last edited by dan J; 02-02-06 at 11:08 PM.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

but alexander can play as a WR too. he has many recieving TD.

Banned

but alexander can play as a WR too. he has many recieving TD.

Lunar you are clearly bias. DanJ knows his football, he's probably an avid viewer and fellow gambler.

Alexander, I have said is a great player. But he's overrated like the way Emmitt Smith was overrated over Barry Sanders.