Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Nun Irony

Default Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Nun Irony

"Yijian nigu, fengdu bishu!" Once a nun is sighted, all bets shall be lost!

So joked Ling Huchong with Tian Boguang, in an attempt to get him to free Yilin. When Dingyi heard about this, she was furious, but Liu Zhenfeng calmed her down by telling her it was all a trick, and asking her "If we male disciples of the 5 Sword Alliance truly believed this, how could I have asked you (nuns) here on this occasion, for my Gold Basin Hand-washing ceremony?"

Ironically, him and his entire family/students were killed at that ceremony!

Actually, in the rest of the book as well, whenever the nuns show up, Ling Huchong seems to get screwed over. I mean, after seeing Yilin, he almost dies from sword/knife wounds from both Tian Boguang as well as the Qingcheng disciples. After a while, he manages to not see her a while (due to being in isolation on the mountain). He even has a run of good luck, learning Dugu Jiujian. Then what happens? The 6 Freaks of the Peach Valley ("sent by Yilin") come and ruin his martial arts! After Yilin herself shows up with her dad, Ling Huchong is suspected of learning Pixie Jianfa by Yue Buqun and others. After a long period of time without seeing any nuns, he finally gets another run of good luck; having Ying Ying fall in love with him, being offered Yi Jin Jing by Shaolin (although he turned it down), learning Xixing Dafa and getting healed...then all of a sudden, he remeets Dingyi and later is forced to become Headmaster of the Hengshan nuns, and stuff starts going downhill -again-!

It looks like nuns really -are- bad luck! Poor Liu Zhenfeng!

Well that saying applies to monks as well. And LHC wasn't that unforturnate to meet Fang Sheng, who was kind enough spare him the pills. Maybe its just Yilin herself whose unlucky.

Naw, couldn't apply to monks. Wouldn't rhyme, that way!

Plus, there were no monks, that I know of, from Shaolin at Liu Zhengfeng's ceremony.

Oh yeah! And after Tian Boguang 'met' Yilin, he not only had a nun as his master, but ended up having a rather unpleasant run-in with a certain 'No Commandments' monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    . When Dingyi heard about this, she was furious, but Liu Zhenfeng calmed her down by telling her it was all a trick, and asking her "If we male disciples of the 5 Sword Alliance truly believed this, how could I have asked you (nuns) here on this occasion, for my Gold Basin Hand-washing ceremony?"

Ironically, him and his entire family/students were killed at that ceremony!
    Yes, seems that nun always bring unlucky.

OT= Prior to the death of Liu Zhenfeng, those disciples of Songsan forced the youngest son of Liu Zhengfen to surrender. That young age child was afraid of those Songsan and thus followed the order of them. I recognise that the adaptations and perhaps the book did not describe his fate further. What happened to him? Was he be killed by the eldest brother of Liu Zhengfen?

Oh yeah! And after Tian Boguang 'met' Yilin, he not only had a nun as his master, but ended up having a rather unpleasant run-in with a certain 'No Commandments' monk.
    Come to think of it, even monks are unlucky. When he met Fang Sheng, both he and YingYing was injured. When he was at Shaolin, he found he awas kicked out by Huashan. Wat up withh Buddhist people.

Out of SOD, ZZR's life was destroyed by a nun. Due to the influence of a nun, she became an evil.

nun == black cat in jy universe
    TaZzY InC

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

maybe jin yong doesn't like nuns and that was his potshot at them.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

if tat's the case it explains much
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Yes, seems that nun always bring unlucky.

OT= Prior to the death of Liu Zhenfeng, those disciples of Songsan forced the youngest son of Liu Zhengfen to surrender. That young age child was afraid of those Songsan and thus followed the order of them. I recognise that the adaptations and perhaps the book did not describe his fate further. What happened to him? Was he be killed by the eldest brother of Liu Zhengfen?
    The books didn't mention him any further - so I suppose Liu Zhengfeng did have an heir, albeit not a very strong one. I would guess that Mo Da would have taken him in and slowly groomed him in Hengshan's martial arts to avenge his family, but he didn't quite get there before the end of the novel. His son was probably just too young - his brother, sister and mother were all extremely courageous and defiant in the face of death, so his weakness could really only have come with his youth. He could have died with the other Hengshan students in the Huashan caves at the end, though.

Another question on that side, though - did Mo Da actually die in the caves that day, or was it just assumed that he did? Linghu Chong wanted to give him a proper burial because he had taken good care of him before, but they were interrupted before they found his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    Another question on that side, though - did Mo Da actually die in the caves that day, or was it just assumed that he did? Linghu Chong wanted to give him a proper burial because he had taken good care of him before, but they were interrupted before they found his body.
    From the adaptation, TVB 1996, Mo Da's death was only a fake one. He pretended to die. He later appeared in LHC's wedding.

It looks like nuns really -are- bad luck!
    Oh my goodness, this thread is hilarious!

I really like it that every once in a while there is a thread such as this one in SPCNet, it really makes this forum lively. Just like the other day when there was a thread on DY's kowtow, on which it was discussed how everyone whom DY kowtowed to would meet bad luck. That was really funny.

hehe

Oh yeah. Don't forget poor Qu Yang, Liu Zhengfeng's Demon Cult friend, and his grand daughter Fei Fei. After they saw Yilin, they died too.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 11-30-04 at 12:54 PM.

But is it not Yilin that saves the day at the end?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    But is it not Yilin that saves the day at the end?
    Yes, YBQ captured her as a pawn and ended up getting killed by his own hostage. If that ain't bad luck, what is...
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

LMFAO! I guess it's true. No wonder LHC resigned.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Default Once you see a nun, all bets are screwed...

I suddenly thought of something funny while reading the thread on the golden basin ceremony. While bantering with Tian Boguang, Linghu Chong made the comment that "Once you see a nun, all bets will be lost," implying that nuns are bad luck. This comment was relayed to all the masters at Liu Zhengfeng's Golden Basin ceremony by Yilin. These two people had this to say about it:

“Drop that ‘once a man sees a nun, he loses all his bets’ nonsense!” Dingyi said angrily. “How could you have believed that? There are so many people here that have seen us, do all of them have bad luck now?”
    “Uncle-Master Liu, are you saying that big brother Linghu made everything up to fool Tian Boguang?” Yilin asked.

“Of course!” answered Liu Zhengfeng. “How can we have such silly and rude sayings in our Five Mountains Sword Alliance? In one more day, it will be time for my hand-washing ceremony. I definitely want to have good luck. If anyone had any prejudice with regard to your respectful school, why would Sister Dingyi and all these nephew apprentices be so courteously invited to my house?”
    This was exactly one day before the Golden Basin ceremony. Well, gentlemen? Was it all the nuns' fault?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

but not EVERYONE suffered bad luck. the correlation is still not strong
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Let's do the calculations:

Taishan sect's Tiansong was badly injured, and lost a disciple immediately after seeing Yilin with Tian Boguang/Linghu Chong;
    Qingcheng sect and Yu Canghai were badly humiliated after Dingyi/Yilin appeared at the ceremony;
    Liu Zhengfeng's family was wiped out one day after he made that comment;
    Qu Yang died a day after meeting Yilin;
    Qu Feifei died a day after meeting Yilin;
    Huashan's Linghu Chong was badly injured immediately after meeting Yilin;
    Songshan's Fei Bin died by Mo Da's hand moments after seeing Yilin;
    Tian Boguang become a nun's apprentice after meeting Yilin;

And last but not least, the people present who saw the nuns at the actual ceremony were struck by Qu Yang's "Black Blood Sacred Needles".

I think the correlation is damned strong! You tell me: are nuns bad luck?!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!