Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HSDS 86 and All About Tin any good?....

Default HSDS 86 and All About Tin any good?....

Hey guys heard alot about these two series...It's been so long ago since I've seen it,when I was little so don't remember much....So I'm gonna turn to you guys....Is All About Tin like good good? what movie would you compare it too...hehehe...I also heard HSDS 86 was way better than the 2000 version...true?...I wanna get them but don't know if it's good or not...if it's not good then I'll end up wasting money.....thanx
    "ONE MORE DAY
    ONE MORE TIME
    ONE MORE SUNSET,MAYBE I'D BE SATISFIED
    BUT THEN AGAIN
    I KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO
    LEAVE ME WISHIN STILL,ONE MORE DAY WITH YOU"

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNAL HAPPINESS
    Hey guys heard alot about these two series...It's been so long ago since I've seen it,when I was little so don't remember much....So I'm gonna turn to you guys....Is All About Tin like good good? what movie would you compare it too...hehehe...I also heard HSDS 86 was way better than the 2000 version...true?...I wanna get them but don't know if it's good or not...if it's not good then I'll end up wasting money.....thanx
    I personally like HSDS 86 much better than 2000 for the fact that it's more accurate and well no offense anyone, but Lawrence Ng as CMK... i don't know what the directors were thinking.

As for All About Tin, that's the tv series with Deric Wan, Catherine Hung and Ada Choi right? well, it is a good tv series... you get about everything: romance, good fighting and decent plot compared with to the recent TVB tv series. I don't exactly know to which movie I would compare it to, but keep in mind that the early 90's is the period of time where TVB produced their best kung fu tv series, so yeah, I think that if you have the chance, you should watch it again
    always smile

Personally, i like hsds 86 way better.!! b/c the cast of the 80's were the best and no offense to Lawrence Ng, he is way better as a bad guy then a hero.!!

Get the 86 version. The 2000 series don't have good supporting actors/actress. Story line is about the same, 2000 is more accurate.

But I still go with the 86's version.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

I love the 86 version of HSDS< but didn't like Kitty Lai very much. But the storyline is really good. I didn't like All about Tin at all. It is ok to see once, but it wouldn't be a series that I want to collect.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

HSDS 86 is my favorite one.

All About Tin sucks. I do not like how they tell the story -- from when he was old then flashback then whatever. it's stupid.

HSDS 86 is good but not sure if it might be too slowed paced when you watch it now.

I have both series and love them both..but personally prefer HSDS to All about Tins which has sad ending It starts good and then getting a little boring at the end...Like somebody said there are lots of good series during 90s. This is one of them..

When choosing which HSDS adaptation to go with, always..and I mean always go with HSDS1986 because it accurately portrays the brotherhood relationship which HSDS is partially about. Plus with HSDS1986, you don't hate Cheung Mo Gei (the main character) that much, in fact Tony Leung's portrayal is probably more loveable than all the other adaptations where you love to hate the main character because of his wishywashyness and you can't get a more cuter actor to play the character. Lawerence Ng does not have the face to play the role. I've seen many adaptations ones by Taiwan1988, the one with Steve Ma Jing Tao, Lawerence Ng and none of them could win my heart in the main role.

All About Tin is an enjoyable series, I like Catherine Hung, Ada Choi, Eddie Cheung and Deric Wan. Its an interesting series...if you're a fan of any of the actors and actresses in this series, go for it. All About Tin does NOT have a sad ending, if you must know the couple did end up with each other. I didn't think it was sad at all. What are you talking about? I liked the series bc I like Catherine Hung and her character. Catherine and Deric's relationship...you might compare to Return of the Condor Heroes -Yeung Gor and Siu Lung Nu, no they're not disciple and teacher, Deric's character is nothing like YG and I'm not sure you can say Catherine is like SLN, but theres one aspect about Deric's love for her, no matter what happened to Catherine, he still loves her, like YG loves SLN. Thats all I'll say, I don't want to spoil anything more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-02-06 at 02:02 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

just a side comment, I actually thought that Tony Leung looked a little fat in the outfits and hair he wore after he became Jiao Zhu. There was this purple outfit that has a cape..looked like superman..ha ha..and in that outfit, he looked like my uncle for some reason. but now when I looked at Tony, he is not remotely fat at all....

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    just a side comment, I actually thought that Tony Leung looked a little fat in the outfits and hair he wore after he became Jiao Zhu. There was this purple outfit that has a cape..looked like superman..ha ha..and in that outfit, he looked like my uncle for some reason. but now when I looked at Tony, he is not remotely fat at all....
    That's because some of you are used to watch today's stick people. I find Tony Leung in the old days pretty fine thank you.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    That's because some of you are used to watch today's stick people. I find Tony Leung in the old days pretty fine thank you.
    no I think it was the layers of outfit he had to wear for the gu zhuang and that hairdo was not flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    All About Tin is an enjoyable series, I like Catherine Hung, Ada Choi, Eddie Cheung and Deric Wan. Its an interesting series...if you're a fan of any of the actors and actresses in this series, go for it. All About Tin does NOT have a sad ending, if you must know the couple did end up with each other. I didn't think it was sad at all. What are you talking about? I liked the series bc I like Catherine Hung and her character. Catherine and Deric's relationship...you might compare to Return of the Condor Heroes -Yeung Gor and Siu Lung Nu, no they're not disciple and teacher, Deric's character is nothing like YG and I'm not sure you can say Catherine is like SLN, but theres one aspect about Deric's love for her, no matter what happened to Catherine, he still loves her, like YG loves SLN. Thats all I'll say, I don't want to spoil anything more.
    I loved All About Tin, but I thought it had a sad ending.

*spoilers*

Didn't both of them forego the medicine which would save one of them so that they would both die together?

*unspoil*

I thoroughly loved that series - I never saw Catherine Hong before prior to that, and I was an Ada Choi fan, it says a lot that I was rooting for Catherine pretty much all the way. It had a lovely soundtrack, a half-decent plot and some very interesting character development, but quite a lot of unnecessary deaths, and the ending was a bit anti-climatic as the hero didn't kill the main villain, but the supporting characters did (although it cost them their lives). It's a classy series that I would love to own on VCD.

I made up my mind and I am going to get the HSDS 86 ^_^....I dl a couple of episodes of All About Tin the other day to test it out and it's pretty good... ...I must've really liked this series before,I kept remembering the title hehehe....thanx for your opinions...anymore?
    "ONE MORE DAY
    ONE MORE TIME
    ONE MORE SUNSET,MAYBE I'D BE SATISFIED
    BUT THEN AGAIN
    I KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO
    LEAVE ME WISHIN STILL,ONE MORE DAY WITH YOU"

What's the Chinese title for all about Tin?

I think the supporting cast alone in HSDS make it a must-buy.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    What's the Chinese title for all about Tin?

"Mo Dao Xia Qing"

Demon Sabre Hero Love...

i did not enjoy all about tin. romance story is sad and i was rooting for the underdog the entire time...it's another series where i felt that deric fell for the wrong girl despite how much the main female sacrificed for him. however, the theme song is one of my all time favorite. and ada choi (during her younger years) and catherine hung are very beautiful...hard to find a tvb series nowadays with such beauties.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

HSDS 86 is a classic in everyway so you won't go wrong there, out of the four girls, for some reason I really liked the spider girl, and hated when she died, and I like Maggie Siu character too, much more then the other two leading female characters. To this day, I still don't know why?

All about Tin, gosh I really liked Catherine Hung because of this series, I especially love the scene where Deric first met her in the forest, when she flew away and her mask came off, so so pretty. I didn't really like Ada's character in this series, I'm not fond of the weak girl type roles, though I felt sad for her at the end. Its too bad Catherine didn't do many TVB series, I really liked her alot, i also like Holy Dragan Sabre as well with Frankie Lam.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

I found this video on Youtube - it's more of a tribute to Catherine Hung's character in "All About Tin" than an actual themesong for the serial, but it's beautiful. Does anyone know what song it is, and who sang it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuWkxdzL44