View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legend of the Condor Heroes

88 43.56%
  • Return of the Condor Heroes

68 33.66%
  • Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre

46 22.77%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOCH, ROCH or HSDS

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    If you think about it though, ROCH hasn't come out yet......... imagine how biased the poll could become after its release.........

yeah, tell me about it. If this was when LOCH was coming out in 03, i think the numbers would favor towards LOCH more.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

ROCH....followed by HSDS.....
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

based on the book, ROCH definitely. and it was the first tv adaptation of a jy book that i've seen so first impressions hold, plus im a sucker for romance. =)

didnt like the way zwj was too indecisive (isnt 4 girls abit too much?)

liked LOCH cos of guojing though the beginning was abit boring (everything before gj meeting hr). liked the adventurous part of the story though. and the 03 tv adaptation was great. =)

Wow thread digger.

Fave story will be ROCH coz I cried when I read the novel. However for drama series, I'll prefer HSDS... anyway voted for HSDS!

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

HSADS cos dat the only china series I've watch 100% however I do enjoy ROTCH too

My own personal poll in my head:

LOCH: 35%
    ROTCH: 33%
    HSDS: 32%

What a close call..... \0/
    Bah.. no image.. ah well... "I gotta shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off....."

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Wow thread digger.
    i know! i completely forgot about this thread... last i checked, ROCH didn't have this many votes though

I liked ROCH story best, then LOCH and then HSDS, but in the china tv series
    LOCH first, then ROCH and HSDS last.

I think the leads in LOCH depicted the characters better. Young Huang Rong was really well done, Guo Jing was pretty well done too. The supporting cast was sort of miscast I guess. Hong 7 Gong was ok, OuYang Feng was not bad enough. Yang Kang was a pretty bad casting. He was supposed to be cunning and handsome, but you could tell he was straight out lying when he lied and he wasn't handsome. Zhou Buo Tong rocked though.

Yang Guo in ROCH was ok. But not as good as the Guo Jing in LOCH. But then again Yang Guo would have been harder to act than Guo Jing. Guo Xiang was cast pretty well too. Xiao Long Nui was ok too. Not too hard to act her. Guo Fu didn't act *****y enough. Guo Jing wasn't cast well. Huang Rong, didn't show the "hate" (I know its not the right word but I can't think of a better word at the moment) towards Yang Guo.
    Good CG for a series.

HSDS. Lots of pretty girls. I guess the cast was ok. I just don't really like the story. I my fav character was Xie Xun in this, but when I read the book I liked Zhang 3 Feng the best.

Going by novels, I like LOCH the most, then HSDS, then ROCH. LOCH has less depth than the others because it's mainly a work of pure imagination written by the seat of the pants and without that much thought, but overall it's the most moving, entertaining & satisfying. HSDS shows Jin Yong improving in the craft of writing, and Zhang Wuji & Zhao Min are the most charming couple in the Trilogy, but the first half of the book isn't all that memorable plot-wise. As for ROCH, it has the ambition & the ideas to be the best of the three novels, but Jin Yong messed up the actual execution of it. It could have been something really special.

Regarding recent adaptations, my favourite is Zhang Jizhong's LOCH03. Its poor reception in Mainland China is surely down to sociopolitical reasons rather than its inherent artistic faults. HSDS03 is fizzy pop Jin Yong-lite with frequently atrocious acting & directing, but it still manages to be entertaining, with a super-likeable cast. I'm interested to see what ZJZ does with HSDS. I like ROCH06 the least. It has a great deal of promise but doesn't quite deliver. In that sense, it follows the novel. That is excusable, but I don't agree with the superficial interpretation of the novel (i.e. as a petty, melodramatic little lurrrve story) implied by some of the directing.

ROCH has the most potential, though. Should Jin Yong one day become as well-known in the West as the likes of Tolkien and Rowling (who he's comparable to), I predict it will be because of an exceptional film or series based on ROCH.

Novel-wise I like them all even though I haven't really finished HSDS but I'm sure I will love the story. Of course ROCH is my fav coz its the very first one I've read but in fairness I really like all of them, I don't hate any novel of the condor trilogy cause I'm not a fanboy who sticks to one and hates all the others.

1. LOCH
    1. ROCH (tie)
    3. HSDS

LOCH and ROCH are tied...my mind changes with each adaptation.

I only saw HSDS 2003 and I felt ZWJ was a bit too super-charged. He literally could defeat almost any individual in the entire story (the 3 shaolin elders had to combine forces; ZWJ let ZZR defeat him). The two people who were his match were on his side: Z3F and the mysterious Lady Yang from Gu Mu Pai. Even though GJ and YG were also among the best fighters in their respective eras, they still faced tougher challengers than ZWJ.

1. ROCH
    2. HSDS
    3. LOCH

Story: ROCH
    Characters: ROCH
    Imagination and battle scenes: HSDS
    Martial Arts: ROCH
    Fighters:ROCH

With the exception of TLBB, HSDS is generally considered to have the best descriptions. Martial arts, ROCH has the best arts other than TLBB. Fighters, ROCH has the best fighters other than TLBB. Story, from what I hear, DOMD has the best plot. But I've never read it. Anyway in story, I always liked ROCH a bit more than HSDS. Characters, ROCH has more variety.
    Anyway. This is my personal ranking for JY books(never read DOMD, so not part of it)
    1. ROCH 2. HSDS 3. XAJH 4. TLBB 5. Flying Fox Snowing Moutain 6. LOCH 7. Blood Stained Sword 8. Book/Sword 9. Flying Fox Legends 10. Linked City 11. Ode of Gallantary
    You guys may be wondering why TLBB was so low after praising it so much. That's because I DY and XZ took a lot of it away. I usually like the XF scenes....

Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre

then
    LOCH

LOCH for me! I haven't seen/read HSDS, and ROCH is way too...er...mushy for me. The love between GJ and HR is more of a cute type, while YG and XLN are more i-love-you-you-love-me-as-long-as-we're-together-we'll-be-happy and i-don't-care-about-anyone-but-you. I know a lot of people probably disagree with me, but that's just my opinion. I also like the LOCH plot more. ROCH is basically "YG and XLN separate. They are back together again. They're happy." a million times.
    Plus, I really like GJ and HR, but don't really like YG and XLN.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Oh man, I like all of these.
    I like GJ/HR, I like YG/XLN, and I like ZWJ/ZM.

I just voted for HSDS because it has the least votes. In actuality, LOCH might win by a tiny margin in my head, but hey, trying to keep things as even as possible.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

talk about thread coming back from the grave!

its ROCH, HSDS then LOCH for me.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

I 've read and watched all of the three and I have to say that I like the Loch story most, because of GUO JIng. Roch was not that bad but I was a lil bit disappointed while reading it. i mean the whole story was like one of QY dramas. Jin Yong should stick with adventures and history than trying to be romantic.( Hate the adapted version by ZJZ). I couldn't really stand HSDS because of my poor ZRZ. It doesn't matter whether it's the book or all of the film version i couldn't stand ZM. ZWJ was an idiot and just because of him ZRZ turned in to a witch like that. How ever Loch rules!!!
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

I'm digging up this old thread

Story-wise, my favorites are:
    HSDS (the themes of brotherhood, patriotism and friendship are strong, though most of the adaptations I've seen - excepting TVB's in 1986 - seem to focus more in Wuji's love story I hope this won't be the case with HSDS 2009)
    LOCH (patriotism, the choices we make in life, plus I like the main couple)
    ROCH (too much focus on the love story, but plot-wise is still engaging)

Based on TV adaptations I've seen:

1) HSDS
    2) LOCH
    3) ROCH