Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Liu Ye
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Liu Ye

  1. #1
    Member XiaoYu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    140

    Default Liu Ye



    Name: Liu Ye 刘烨
    From: Jilin, China
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 75 kg
    Birthday: March 23rd, 1978


    I first saw Liu Ye act in "Ghost Inside," the horror movie starring him and Barbie Xu Xi Yuan. Neither of them say much throughout the movie, but he has quiet stage presence and I liked him right away. His eyes and his profile are pretty distinctive.

    I've started watching "Jing Ke Cuan Qi", an ancient series of his, and plan to catch a modern series where he says more than those few comforting lines he said to Da S I've seen so far. He also stars in the early Communist era series "Xie Se Lang Man."


    Chen Kun and him starred with Zhou Xun in the movie "The Little Seamstress" that I have yet to watch. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

    Overall I find Liu Ye a quiet, serious, almost mournful actor when he's not smiling, but he's really sweet when he grins.



    Liu Ye's got a pretty major following here and on several other sites.

    Anyone else a fan of Liu Ye? Share your thoughts on him!

  2. #2
    Member XiaoYu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Some more pics...




  3. #3
    Senior Member Arashigirl6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    233

    Default

    i know him from the movie...( can't remember the name) with karena lam and ekin cheng. i find he has a sad and serious face.

    i heard he is a very funny guy. but he doesn't seem so??!!??!!

  4. #4
    Member XiaoYu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Liu Ye's Gui Lang in The Promise is only a side character, but I think he's got one of the most developed characters in that movie, good or bad as that might be.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 999roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    He reminds me of Yu Chen Qing (Taiwan) though Liu Ye is a hell lot hotter.

    His acting is pretty good too =) Though I always see him in roles where he's extremely souful. It would be interesting to seem him a comical role...has he been in one yet?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Neuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    AAA Iowa
    Posts
    215

    Default

    yes..start to pay attention on him after watching Lan Yu, where he plays a gay guy with Hu Jun. He is a very talanted actor although he looks a little werid.

  7. #7
    Member XiaoYu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    He reminds me of Yu Chen Qing (Taiwan) though Liu Ye is a hell lot hotter.

    His acting is pretty good too =) Though I always see him in roles where he's extremely souful. It would be interesting to seem him a comical role...has he been in one yet?
    I personally don't see much similarity in his features and Harlem's, but I definitely agree that his acting is soulful. He jokes around in the beginning of Xie Se Lang Man/血色浪漫, though it's because his character's just a bit silly and immature then.

    What all did you watch him act in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    yes..start to pay attention on him after watching Lan Yu, where he plays a gay guy with Hu Jun. He is a very talanted actor although he looks a little werid.
    Was Lan Yu good?

    If anything, I think it's his mouth that's odd about his face. He has an overbite and the shape of his lips are really distinctive. Skinny cheeks, too, but I love his eyes. He's got a pleasant voice as well.
    Last edited by XiaoYu; 02-06-06 at 02:18 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member 999roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Hmm, the first time I saw him was in "What can I use to save you, my lover" (roughly translated, too lazy to type pinyin) where he had SUCH a depressing character. The next one was Xie Se Lang Man I think, though I watched the latter half, but yeah I agree, he is a bit more relaxed there, though not completely comical. Hmm, what else, also Little Seamstress (where he's all soulful and quiet again).

    Ohh, never mind, the first thing I saw him in was the Postman. He was quiet in there as well.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 999roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Oh I wanted to add that his features are quite feminine. I can easily picture him being a girl lol.

  10. #10
    Senior Member c13:4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629

    Default

    I watched one of his recent movie but he only had a minor role in it so I can't say much. <Lan Yu> seemed to be highly regarded and he won a golden horse for it so he has acting chops. I read he is a very nice guy off screen, thats cool.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Liu Ye and Chen Kun are two of the respected young Mainland actors who I've heard alot about and tons of praises for, but have yet to actually see act for myself.

    Liu Ye kind of reminds me of a young Chen Bao Guo, not my type in terms of looks, but someone I would probably respect as an actor. I saw part of an interview with Liu Ye on T.V. and he is pretty funny and straightforward.

    There have been a lot of articles recently about Liu Ye and his actress girlfriend of 5 years Xie Na breaking up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  12. #12
    Senior Member Neuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    AAA Iowa
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    Was Lan Yu good?
    Yes, I think so. Very emotional movie...for a second I thought he was actually gay ... Anyway, just wonder if anyone likes him in Wu Ji? It is weird that I almost see him in his abnormal roles...

  13. #13
    Member XiaoYu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    Yes, I think so. Very emotional movie...for a second I thought he was actually gay ... Anyway, just wonder if anyone likes him in Wu Ji? It is weird that I almost see him in his abnormal roles...
    I did, I did!



    I watched Wu Ji just because I heard he was in it. The movie was kinda...odd...visually nice, but plot holes everywhere. Getting used that with movies, though, so I have to say I enjoyed Wu Ji overall. Other than Nick Tse's Wu Huan, I found Liu Ye's Gui Lang the most interesting character.


    At first I didn't even recognize him under all that makeup...

    As far as I've seen, Liu Ye's character in Jing Ke is pretty "normal." Maybe he gets weirder, I don't know.

  14. #14
    Senior Member c13:4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629

    Default

    No one has updated this for a long time....this guy can really act. last i heard he is filming an american movie with meryl streep, with him as the lead...anybody can fill me in???

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I think he is one of the most talented actors in China, kinda like the Leonardo DiCaprio of the Chinese film industry.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    Liu Ye's Gui Lang in The Promise is only a side character, but I think he's got one of the most developed characters in that movie, good or bad as that might be.
    I agree. The Promise wasn't all that 'promising', but I also thouht Liu Ye showed a great deal of 'promise' in the film. It's just unfortunate he wasn't iven more to work with as far as script and direction. Had he, he would've done much more with his character.

    He was also good in Purple Butterfly. Though I thought the scripting made his character a bit 'bizarre' towards the end.


    Yeah, anyone have an update on that Meryl Streep film. I've also heard about it, realizing it could make for a great internationa;l break through for Liu Ye. He really is that good imo, and a wider audience should see him act.
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

  17. #17
    Senior Member Arashigirl6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Some info

    credit to:http://www.kfccinema.com/index.php?archive=1151328927&subaction=list-archive&go=archives


    Chinese actor Liu Ye has been visiting the U.S. to prepare for his role in the upcoming drama "Dark Matter", which will also star Hollywood veterans Meryl Streep and Val Kilmer. The film, directed by Chen Shi-Zheng follows the true story of a Chinese student in America who turns to violence after campus politics ruin his chance of winning the Nobel Prize. The actor, who recently had the misfortune to star in Chen Kaige's "The Promise", is also in the middle of filming Zhang Yimou's "The City of Golden Armor".

  18. #18
    Senior Member c13:4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Liu Ye and Chen Kun are two of the respected young Mainland actors who I've heard alot about and tons of praises for, but have yet to actually see act for myself.

    Liu Ye kind of reminds me of a young Chen Bao Guo, not my type in terms of looks, but someone I would probably respect as an actor. I saw part of an interview with Liu Ye on T.V. and he is pretty funny and straightforward.

    There have been a lot of articles recently about Liu Ye and his actress girlfriend of 5 years Xie Na breaking up.
    i think they are back together again.



    Quote Originally Posted by Arashigirl6
    Some info

    credit to:http://www.kfccinema.com/index.php?archive=1151328927&subaction=list-archive&go=archives


    Chinese actor Liu Ye has been visiting the U.S. to prepare for his role in the upcoming drama "Dark Matter", which will also star Hollywood veterans Meryl Streep and Val Kilmer. The film, directed by Chen Shi-Zheng follows the true story of a Chinese student in America who turns to violence after campus politics ruin his chance of winning the Nobel Prize. The actor, who recently had the misfortune to star in Chen Kaige's "The Promise", is also in the middle of filming Zhang Yimou's "The City of Golden Armor".

    thanks Arashigirl6
    路漫漫,长伴......

    C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

  19. #19
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane
    I agree. The Promise wasn't all that 'promising', but I also thouht Liu Ye showed a great deal of 'promise' in the film. It's just unfortunate he wasn't iven more to work with as far as script and direction. Had he, he would've done much more with his character.
    The first time I saw Liu Ye act was in The Promise. He definitely made enough impression on me to make me remember him and startlooking for info on this actor. If he and Hu Jun wasn't in Lan Yu, I don't think I would be looking up and down for the film (and finally buying it from yesasia with the expensive shipping fee included).

    He is really good in Lan Yu. In terms of look, he is actually not good-looking enough for the role (Lan Yu is an adonis in the book. Very handsome). But his soulful big eyes really fit the description of Lan Yu's eyes and his acting makes up for his appearance.

    Lan Yu's thread (got more pictures of him and other stuff related to Lan Yu): http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14114
    Last edited by kidd; 09-19-06 at 08:56 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  20. #20
    Senior Member c13:4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Found some clips of him in a series《一针见血》on youtube. Shows another side of him. Not the usual serious, eccentric character.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOSmZRxfEI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gr5RDO1eUY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOM-qfN_PxM


    Chen Kun, Zhou Xun and Liu Ye in 《巴尔扎克与小裁缝》Three thespians i find talented
    路漫漫,长伴......

    C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

Similar Threads

  1. The Legend of the Fairy Swordsman/Chinese Paradin《仙劍奇俠傳》
    By rikastar in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 1594
    Last Post: 06-06-11, 06:11 AM
  2. Anne Liu (Liu Xin You)
    By Jeneshii in forum Actresses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-07, 03:13 AM
  3. Liu Yi Jun
    By ZhengZhanMing80 in forum Actresses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-07-07, 11:45 AM
  4. Liu Yi Fei
    By chynagongju in forum Actresses
    Replies: 6941
    Last Post: 02-23-07, 12:24 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-06, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •