Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yi Yang Zhi, Tan Zhi Shen Gong and Sad Palms

Default Yi Yang Zhi, Tan Zhi Shen Gong and Sad Palms

In ROCH, there was a comment made by HYS saying that YG's sad palms was on par with his Tan Zhi Shen Gong (?) yes? From this i would like to post this question: is Sad Palms more powerful than Yi Deng's Yi Yang Zhi? HYS and WCY both agreed in a chapter in ROCH that Yi Deng possessed the best finger skills...
    Your views on this? thx...

It's difficult to compare a palm to a finger. it's more appropriate to compare a palm to a palm etc...

yes 1 Deng's 1ys is the best finger skill in LOCH/ROCH...

In a fight between 1 Deng and YG, YG would probably beat him with his sad palms

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    It's difficult to compare a palm to a finger. it's more appropriate to compare a palm to a palm etc...

yes 1 Deng's 1ys is the best finger skill in LOCH/ROCH...

In a fight between 1 Deng and YG, YG would probably beat him with his sad palms
    If 1 Deng were to fight Yeung Gor, Gwok Jing, or any other fighter who specialized in palm skills, I think he'd be wise enough to forego trying a direct finger/palm clash with his opponent. Fingers, even 1 Yeung Fingers, just aren't meant to clash with palms (especially not Sad Palms or Hong Lung 18 Palms).

If you're a 1 Yeung Finger practitioner, I think the idea is to bypass the opponent's attacks and try to seal his acupressure points. It would be a matter of whether or not 1 Deng could seal Yeung Gor's acupressure points before the Sad Palms strike him down. I think 1 Deng probably loses as well, but primarily due to advanced age rather than inferior skill.

don't YG know how to change the acupressure points, learned from AYF?

How about Gong Sun Zi? could 1deng seal his acupressure points?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Yideng could probably blast holes in Gongsun Zhi's body.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Yi Yang Zhi is no ordinary finger skill in Yi Deng's hands. There is no reason he can't go head to head with a palm strike. The higher concentration of force from the finger might even win out.

Also, comparing Tan Zhi Shen Tong to YYZ isn't exactly comparing Apples to Apples since TZST is also used with projectiles.

What u guys say makes sense but HYS did make that comment saying that his finger skill was on par with SP. In this sense i would think that he is comparing the force produced by the two skills. If Yi Deng did possess the best finger skill, then it is logical to assume that SP would lost out to YYZ (referrring to the skill and not the user's age, internal energy etc.)

Didnt HYS say that TZSG was 1 step lower than SP? I thought he said that only XL18Z is on par with SP, while TZSG is 1 step inferior... This was the part when YG and him were playing volleyball with the 3 mongolian goons.
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.

No, HYS's palm technique was not as good as SP. But his TZST was able to match force with Yang Guo's SP. The statement that only Dragon Palms could match SP was restricted to palm techniques (or more likely palm techniques in current practitioners hands - since HYS said 'his-son-in-law's-dragonpalms' instead of just Dragonpalms).

TZST, SP and YYZ are about equal when in HYS, YG and YD's hands. Just that One is a palm skill and as stated above, TZST and YYZ can't be compared apples to apples due to TZST using projectiles.

The Sad Palms also depended on the emotional state of the user. So it can be kind of erratic and unpredictable like the 6MSJ. YYZ and TZST were more stable skills.

I think the only person able to use the Sad Palms would be Yang Guo. So unfortunately when you refer to the Sad Palms, you would HAVE to refer to the user's (YG) skill and age.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    The Sad Palms also depended on the emotional state of the user. So it can be kind of erratic and unpredictable like the 6MSJ.
    6 Mak Divine Swords wasn't inherently erratic and unpredictable...that was just Deun Yu's problem (no 1 Yeung Finger training and general lack of knowledge about martial arts). With a true expert practitioner, 6 Mak Divine Swords is just as reliable as Hong Lung 18 Palms or plain old 1 Yeung Finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    6 Mak Divine Swords wasn't inherently erratic and unpredictable...that was just Deun Yu's problem (no 1 Yeung Finger training and general lack of knowledge about martial arts). With a true expert practitioner, 6 Mak Divine Swords is just as reliable as Hong Lung 18 Palms or plain old 1 Yeung Finger.

Oh yes.. Haha sorry I forgot to mention that only Duan Yu's 6MSJ works like that.

Originally post by IcyFox

I think the only person able to use the Sad Palms would be Yang Guo. So unfortunately when you refer to the Sad Palms, you would HAVE to refer to the user's (YG) skill and age.
    Well, i would think that YG was the only known user of SP and not the only person who was able to use SP.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    Well, i would think that YG was the only known user of SP and not the only person who was able to use SP.
    It's so tied in to his unique personality, however, that I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else could practice it. In other martial arts, you just had to be talented enough to master the system. Sad Palms, however, seems inextricably tied to being Yeung Gor.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i don't think yiyangzhi is inferior to sad palms, through even zhuo butong admits it is best skill in the world, he can't compare. the power of yiyangzhi is comparable to the force of HL18Z. if hongqigong sent out a plam, yideng would poke the centre of HQG's palm with yiyangzhi. yidengs finger wouldn't break under HL18Z. yideng's duan family inner power was the best of the five experts and yiyangzhi's excecution is tied directly to it's inner power. sad palms maybe a little superior to each of yiyang finger, Tan Zhi Shen Tong, HL18Z, toad style and vacant palms in either power, variations or changes. it's probably on par with 9yinzhenjing but a little harder to master.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Originally posted by kyss of the sword

it's probably on par with 9yinzhenjing but a little harder to master

hmmm. I dun really agree with yr statment. Firstly i think that some of SP moves/stances are taken from 9yin. And also, SP is sort of like an external skill as compared to 9yin which provides nei gong and wai gong. hence, 9yin IMO is a better, more complete package.

hmmm. I dun really agree with yr statment. Firstly i think that some of SP moves/stances are taken from 9yin. And also, SP is sort of like an external skill as compared to 9yin which provides nei gong and wai gong. hence, 9yin IMO is a better, more complete package.
    No, SP is more of an internal skill. YG said it himself when he sparred with ZBT in Chap 34, if I remember correctly.

ok... but i think 9yin may have had a considerable influence in the forming of SP, hence i still stand strong on my view that 9yin is better.

also, when HSY comment on SP and saying that only GJ's XL18Z was able to match it, IMO he made sound like it was only an external skill. Anyone able to shed more light on this? thx...
    Last edited by druid; 02-06-06 at 10:45 AM.

ok... but i think 9yin may have had a considerable influence in the forming of SP, hence i still stand strong on my view that 9yin is better.

also, when HSY comment on SP and saying that only GJ's XL18Z was able to match it, IMO he made sound like it was only an external skill. Anyone able to shed more light on this? thx...

It's natural for the 9 Yin to be better. Huang Shang spent decades working on it.

XL18Z is also more of an internal skill, just like SP.

Originally posted by Icyfox

XL18Z is also more of an internal skill, just like SP.
    eh? Could u explain why this so? In more details? or anyone for that matter? thx...

haiz i missed out on the Swordsman Survival game...