Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Promise (wuji)

Quote Originally Posted by Yu W3i
    in canada never. I think in France they have it.
    So never in the US? Cuz I'm not about to go to France to see it lol.

no it will never be in the US it would never make any money, to have a profil. You can download it
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

no it will never be in the US it would never make any money, to have a profil. You can download it
    Who knows? I mean some Chinese movies make quite a bit of profit in the US.

Actually it's coming out to the US but it's been cut to 102 minutes.
    http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/promise.htm

to the movies!! that can't be!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    Who knows? I mean some Chinese movies make quite a bit of profit in the US.
    not really, i'm only 12 don't take what i say so serious. Movies that i have heard about they might play in america,but mostly in places where chinese ppl are unless it is subtittles or something.

I read a state from asianfantics that this movie actually made alot of money at the box office.... comparable to Stars Wars Episode III.. hell..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

ok, it hoping it would come to canda

not really, i'm only 12 don't take what i say so serious. Movies that i have heard about they might play in america,but mostly in places where chinese ppl are unless it is subtittles or something.
    By 12, are you saying that you're only 12 years old or what???

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was really popular and it was pretty big in the Oscars too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    i sitll don't get how it was meaningful.. cause.. it was all basically a grudge of stealing a kid's bun

enlighten me
    I liked the film. It was quite artistic, unique, and fantasy-like. *Now don't steal my bun for stating that lol*

Anyways...this is my impression and explanation but I'm not sure if it'll make sense.

Food was a symbol for the desire/hunger of life. Qingcheng was lost in beauty and wealth, the General was lost in pride, arrogance, and unremorseful deaths upon those who were lower than him and innocent, Nic was lost in vengence and social status, and the Black Wolf (?) lost himself in cowardness; they all betrayed someone because they were selfish. In order to encounter true love, that selfishness must be eliminated but not all realizations will mend the mistakened past; people may never realize in time to save their true love and that's what happened to QingCheng, the General, and Kunlun.

Love. Kunlun broke out of his oppression and finally discovered the meaning of life, his true desire because of love. QingCheng was basically stuck between two guys who in the end loved her very much by sacrificing both their lives for her. Love in this story was such a tragedy. Love made all of the characters realize their past errors and the true purpose in life which is love not of materialistic or honorable value.

Kunlun had a horrible fate. He was kidnapped as a slave at age two, suffered kneeling and fleeing for so many years when he was born in a special race, watched the person he loved owned by another, but yet his heart was still so pure and selfless. For love, he sacrificed several times, risked his life, and even saved his enemies. Even till the very end, he wore the cloak just to travel back into time for QingCheng's second chance at life. Gosh, that is so ideal. JDG did a wonderful performance.

Though I am still a bit confused at the end. So who was QingCheng's true love because even after the lying scandal, QingCheng still ran to the General's side right before he died and stated that last line. QingCheng was crying like crazy when he died but what about loyal Kunlun? She must have known that the cloak was death but why did she look quite happy when she rode Kunlun's back to travel back into time?

Nic looked hot but a bit funny when he was strangled and turned cherry red.

I don't understand why people criticize Ceci's makeup when it's supposed to be that way. It's a fantasy guys...the makeup has to be more unique and distinct than normal. She looked most beautiful sitting on the death chair towards the end.

The Japanese General was just um, ugly! The sex scene wasn't necessary for anything.

JDG as Kunlun? What else can I say, he was perfect. Well, except for the dirty appearance and raggy clothes but his character was of true beauty. Kunlun, someone who was not born a Prince like Nic, who didn't have the honor of the General, and the beauty of QingCheng BUT in the end...was much more beatiful inside out than an empty shell like QingCheng, much more admirable for his selfless deeds than the taking credit General, and much more charming than a fake Prince like Nic.

JDG! So suave. Not to mention, I was actually a bit teary eyed in a few scenes.
    Last edited by asillysaint; 04-03-06 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was really popular and it was pretty big in the Oscars too.

well it started out kind fo small.. onyl special theaters had it.. but than it frew big.

And sillysaint, thanks. It is an insightful explanation.. if this WAS the true theme of the movie.... than the director did a bad job..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

does anyone know where to download it?

I haven't actually seen the movie, but now I really want to after watching this parody--god the thing kept me laughing for a good 20 min =P

From youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQZAcT1xaKk

I figure it would be even more funny for those who actually watched the movie. Enjoy! What do you guys think?

Did anyone hear?
    Its gonna have a sequel..

This movie is so bad I couldn't even laugh. I laughed endlessly throughout the Myth, but could barely even smile for this one, it was so ridiculous it's amazing. I can't begin to say how deluded the writers are...and the director...mm ji meh tieu kan qi jor. The cast must've been a bit insane/drunk/whatever to ever have agreed signing on to this movie. After all the supposed meaning and deep love and sentiment all I remembered when I walked away from the movie was how fake the palace looked.

Edited to add: OMG it was worth going through the pain of the movie just for the parody! I laughed until I nearly cried. What a work of art.
    Last edited by glittergem; 04-15-06 at 09:26 AM.
    "Surely you and I are beyond speaking when words are clearly not enough." Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park

School of Zhao Wei

I heard there was gonna be a stage production.

How many hints do they need before realising audiences are not exactly breathless with awe at the movie?
    "Surely you and I are beyond speaking when words are clearly not enough." Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park

School of Zhao Wei

I reckon this was one of the most shocking hyped up movies... a stupid plot, meaningless storyline of nonsence, hated it

it couldn't have been that bad. I have never watched it, but one of mt freinds did she really liked