46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twin of Brothers

14 30.43%
  • Leathal Weapon of Love and Passion

32 69.57%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LWLP vs Twin of Brothers...

Default LWLP vs Twin of Brothers...

Is it just me or is Leathal Weapon of Love and Passion 304309483094893048x better than Twin of Brothers. What do you guys think?

Edit: Due to popular demand, I added a Poll to this thread
    Last edited by i_fotted; 02-23-06 at 01:02 PM.

i second your thoughts. lwolap is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better. and until now i still can't understand why the ratings for this series is soooooooooo low
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Is it just me or is Leathal Weapon of Love and Passion 304309483094893048x better than Twin of Brothers. What do you guys think?
    Agree 100%. LWOLP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TOB.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

WIth Twin of Brothers I struggled mightly to finish it while LWLP I can't wait to see the next episode.

definitely.

i like twin of brother more.

finally, someone who has a different opinion
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    i disagree...it wasn't 304309483094893048x better....maybe a few stars better

TommyH
    Unregistered

LWOLAP IS WAYYYYYYYY BETTER!! TRUE!

I was really pessimistic at first because LWLP got all the Twin of Brother comparison, because Twin of Brother was such a terrible series IMO. I was definitely suprised though, LWLP has a great plot, great storyline, good script, good acting, and I even like the constume . There is simply no comparison.

funny .... how none of us have really finished this yet we say so much on how one is better than the other ...

my 2 cents.

the beginning of LWLP is much better than Twin Bro - the story moved much faster and of course we recognize almost 100% of the characters. but with twin bro, it was a little slower and half the people were unfamilar actors and actresses ...

u shouldn't really compare apples to oranges .. one was a collaboration with mainland while the other is more solely hk ...

ray lam gained a lot more acting experience so it's obvious he performs better in the newer one .. and we all know sonija and charmaine have been around

twin bro - almost everyone was pretty new ...

i think twin brother was a lot more interesting towards the middle and end esp when nancy wu came in ...
    lwlp is getting boring in the middle ...

i'll wait until i finish the series before i determine if the apple is better than the orange

Can someone tell me more about this series that is compared with Twin of brothers, pl? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Can someone tell me more about this series that is compared with Twin of brothers, pl? Thanks!
    Here is LWOLAP thread:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13151

I see..thks.

well true none of us had finished lethal weapons, but storywise, it's a lot better. more intriguing, and of course, those dizzying cgi effects of tob are almost gone. for me, of course raymond and the others are bonuses, but the story itself is enough to keep me watching
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

I don't think LWOLAP is getting ratings that are higher than TOB though. I think Hong Kong viewers didn't actually enjoy TOB and since LWOLAP was from the same producer then they probably avoided watching it.

that's unfair then
    cherrie

i prefer TOB more.
    As for LWOLAP, i wouldnt call it a bad series, but, the storyline's just not appealing enough to attract viewers imo. Only Bosco n Sharon's parts are interesting. And surprisingly i couldnt wait til Pong Ban appears in each episode... Charmaine's parts are just too boring n Sonija's parts are sickening. And i have to say i'm not too impressed with Ray's character in here who's so love sick(though i'm a Ray supporter). Its a bit draggy with a lot of unnecessary dialogues. i tried very hard to keep my eyes wide open, but i just couldnt help dozing off everytime i'm halfway through an episode. TOB...i wouldnt say its one of the best series, but at least there's something to expect for after each n every episode.

i haven't seen LWLP BUT i have seen TOB..n imo..i HATED it. TOB started off really interesting/funny/fast-paced..but towards the middle..OMG it just drags on n on n on to find/chase down that jade!! n then all of the sudden, at the end it was suddenly hella RUSHED..killing that bad guy[forgot his name]. like wtf?
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I don't think LWOLAP is getting ratings that are higher than TOB though. I think Hong Kong viewers didn't actually enjoy TOB and since LWOLAP was from the same producer then they probably avoided watching it.

actually, they are both by different directors (i'm not sure exactly how a producer would effect the final piece) and the original stories are by the same author.

lwolap may not be a hit for several factors:

i'm avoiding this series because i despise the talentless and ever so constipated looking charmaine sheh.

others are avoiding it because the storyline has been badly butchered (in the novel charmaine's character is suppose to be with bosco's character)

and others are avoiding it because the fact that charmaine is playing a role younger than ray is not welcoming because she looks like his mother more so than his lover.

and according to some, the storyline between ray and charmaine is quite a snoozer.

call me a hater but i'm not surprise the ratings are low. charmaine is not exactly lead material but i do feel sorry for bosco and sharon who i heard have a very interesting storyline. maybe if the series focuses mainly on them then the ratings would be higher. i also feel sorry for derek...i've always been a fan of his and ray but even those two are not enough for me to sit through 40 episodes of torture especially knowing that i will not be able to successfully strangle charmaine.

and mind you, i love ray and tavia but disliked TOB.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-10-06 at 09:24 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)