Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Yellow Fever" Mini-movie

what does the shirt mean
    i couldn't understand the words exactly

is it "Bai Ren Kan Bu Dong"

meaning wite ppl cant read dis lol

thanx
    Last edited by milKBoi; 02-10-06 at 04:02 AM.

see, everyone's so frickin racist! leave others alone, people. this topic should be deleted! seriously, everyone can go out with whoever they want. and that's that. we shouldn't be so NOSY, PEOPLES!! this discussion should end now!!

Hmm.. I don't mind interracial relationships as long as they like each other, and nto doing it because of peer pressure. My friend from high school is obsessed with white guys because she wants to be like all the other white girls with white boyfriends, but i think that is so stupid.

BTW, going out is one thing, marrying is one thing. My family prefers his son-in-laws to be Hong Kong Asian, he can't accept Vietnamese, Mainland Chinese, Malaysian, etc... But then, my sister comes home with this skinny Hong Kong dude with zero ambition, low respect for others, bad (rather lack of) manners, no job, low self-esteem, etc... and intros him as her BF. But my parents hates him even though he is 100% Hong Kong Asian. My mum will tolerate him as her daughter's BF, but never as a husband.

I guess you may have prejudice about a person due to their race, but if they are good and respectful people, I think families would accept them overtime unless there is some cultural or religious conflict. At the time, they may say you would get disowned, but over time, if you other half proves to be a capable and respectful person, then there is a high chance it would be accepted. But the good thing is that people are more accepting nowadays as society changes.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i wonder how thier child would trun out. LOL sorry!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    IN other words, ASian guys are chauvenistic
    Yep and all white guys are nice and have big dicks, and black guys are cooler with bigger dicks. Keep the stereotypes coming.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

that so not true!!! i hate white and black guys but i think that they are stupid. "sorry i had to say that"
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Yu W3i
    i wonder how thier child would trun out. LOL sorry!!
    They would turn out to be humans, normal humans.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

i don't mean if they are going to be human or not. That would be cool if they were half human and half something unknown. SOrry if i'm making u ppl mad but i really don't think that white and asain work out will. thier children might not be able to speck mandarin or some other thing that they mother oe father specks. So i think that the child is losting alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    THere is no difference, but I guess at the time, it was something that I've never done. Mind you, I would never get myself involved with a black girl. Only one night stand out of curiousity. I think I mentioned, it's ok if asian girls interracially date for a bit but nothing serious.

You're right not all women are gold diggers, but look at it this way, the richer the woman is, she will most likely not want her man to make significantly less money than her. And in Asian culture, the man is laughed at and accused of eating "soft rice." So it is to a guy's advantage to have money.

Just the way I was brought up I guess. My stepsister brought home a guy who had a middle wage job, no ambition and whatnot. He's an ok guy, though suspect but she loves him to death. My father gave him hell..I felt bad sitting there but he's a douche...he's probably trying to use my sister for money. Last time I heard he got into an accident...Don't see him much anymore. Go figure.

Listen I really apologize, sometimes I am too straight forward and arrogant I admit. I talk a lot of garbage, I am elitist and stuck up. I was very spoiled as a kid and always had everything. I am trying not to be such a douche.

I just wanted to get you're view because you made me curious with your remarks. I guess it's all right to say that it's a good thing we don't know each other in real life because I'm all for women's liberal and this kind of remark I just can't stand because of the way I was brought up to and how hard I fought I get out of that kind of situation. glad to hear it from you though

hey... that video was really funny... but i think we girls have the right to pick... but i don't really dig white(too tall... too long nose...) guys... i mean i'd preffer asian guys... i mean loads of asian guy look good... right??
    "Deep South.."
    "when you rush you miss the important things when you take your time you find new paths"
    "Beware the fury of a patient man."

Sometimes we should ask ourselves being asian males if we would really love to date white females. And for me, I dont want to. I prefer asian ladies and thats that.

um... i don't think asian guys and white women would fit... even with asian girls with white men... coz... i tried to mix pictures of asian and whites.... it just wouldn't fit...
    "Deep South.."
    "when you rush you miss the important things when you take your time you find new paths"
    "Beware the fury of a patient man."

will it's important to date who we like not what the media says

This argument is getting confusing. Anyway, since the more different the genes are, the less likely a child is going to have heriditary disorders, I guess mixed children do have healthier bodies. My three cousins (British-Chinese) have IQs in the 130+ range and speak both Chinese (Mandarin + Cantonese) and English fluently(which sort of makes me look stupid, but anyhow! ).

There has been a greater mixture of culture between the East and West anyway - they might never meet, but hey, it wasn't as bad as it was fifty years ago.

I don't think that all Asian girls are going for white or black guys. There will always be some left for the Asian guys, who could also extend their selection to the non-Chinese. No offense, but if a girl likes you or dilsikes you only according to your race, she's not worth having anyway.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by mysterl0us
    see, everyone's so frickin racist! leave others alone, people. this topic should be deleted! seriously, everyone can go out with whoever they want. and that's that. we shouldn't be so NOSY, PEOPLES!! this discussion should end now!!

Yeah, some people in here are taking this completely the wrong way. I probably shouldn't have said anything and just left the funny video. But one thing I'm sure of, you're not an Asian male living in Canada / Australia / USA. You don't feel our pain.

I had no problems getting gfs when I was living in China for a year, but in Canada, it becomes a much bigger problem for me. It's not cause of my looks either. I have always prefer Asian women more, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't go for a hot white or black girl if they were interested in me.

And the point of this thread is not "who shouldn't date what race", it's more about lack of parity for the opposite sexes of one race. Some of you people should stop commenting on what race shouldn't date what race and instead focus on the real topic of the thread.

Btw mysterl0us, have you even seen the video yet? just curious.

J
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

wow, ppl can b too damn racist nowadays..
    i kno the topic isn't "who should date what race"..but since its heading off towards that direction..hey, why not add my 2cents..
    i, for one, can care less really if someone that's asian is dating a "non-asian"..seriously, if they love each other, why not? yea, there ARE nice asian guys/girls out there but are they "THE ONE" for him/her to actually be commited to? *duhh..so it just so happens that the "white" guy is the ONE for the asian chick...god ppl is that so hard to understand?

n about the whole cultural thing..its really the job of the asian person to keep it even though their husband/wife isn't in that whole thing. just like when a girl marries a guy..she can decided whether to keep her last name or change it.
    if you decide to keep up with ur culture& traditions, the u should teach ur non-asian wife/husband about it! n if they respect u n say its okay..then theres no problem!? but if they say 'no..i dont care about all ur traditonal shit' then of course there will b conflicts..or if u just decide 2 throw away all ur asian heritage [now this is what i call them white-wash, in some sense..]

n about the kids wouldn't know how to 'speak' the language..wtf? how is it different from a "pure" asian kid starting preschool the first day with a whole different language than at home? if ur the asian parent, speak to him/her in ur asian language? n then ask ur husband/wife to speak to him/her in english? oh *yippee, ur kid now gets a head-start on both lang. so when they go to school, they'd already know bits n pieces of english n at home, bits n pieces of [ex. chinese].
    n sorry 2 say, but i kno kids who have both asian parents n they're not even GOOD at speaking their asian lang. so i don't see whats the damn problem here.
    Last edited by x0_jenniee; 02-10-06 at 05:39 PM.
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Bai_Qi44..r u sure its not where u live? haha..i live in [USA] n the asian girls here actually prefers asian guys mayb u should move 2 where i live haha.
    ..i guess its really where u live tho..for me it doesn't matter as long as he has a good personality, doesn't smell, stays active, n knows how 2 treat a lady rite lols. boys who surf n plays basketball is soooo HOTT haha!
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Well one thing I find is that mixed people tend to be scary good-looking. They get nice skin, beautiful eyes and sharp features. Envy!!

It is indeed common that in a "mixed" family, the Western culture dominates. But I think that's more because the Western culture is the mainstream cultural setting for these families; there are many more Asians living in Western countries than vice versa. That's why even many pure Asian kids speak only English.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    This argument is getting confusing. Anyway, since the more different the genes are, the less likely a child is going to have heriditary disorders, I guess mixed children do have healthier bodies. My three cousins (British-Chinese) have IQs in the 130+ range and speak both Chinese (Mandarin + Cantonese) and English fluently(which sort of makes me look stupid, but anyhow! ).

There has been a greater mixture of culture between the East and West anyway - they might never meet, but hey, it wasn't as bad as it was fifty years ago.

I don't think that all Asian girls are going for white or black guys. There will always be some left for the Asian guys, who could also extend their selection to the non-Chinese. No offense, but if a girl likes you or dilsikes you only according to your race, she's not worth having anyway.
    i don't like the feeling of that!!! yr consin aren't that high in my point of way. i know it high to you but not me

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by expression
    Well one thing I find is that mixed people tend to be scary good-looking. They get nice skin, beautiful eyes and sharp features. Envy!!

It is indeed common that in a "mixed" family, the Western culture dominates. But I think that's more because the Western culture is the mainstream cultural setting for these families; there are many more Asians living in Western countries than vice versa. That's why even many pure Asian kids speak only English.
    phoebe cates is hot, is she mix? her bio says family of filipino and russian jewish roots.