Thread: Opinions of those who witnessed the Kiu Fung/Mo Yung F'uk fight at Shaolin

Default Opinions of those who witnessed the Kiu Fung/Mo Yung F'uk fight at Shaolin

For those who witnessed the Kiu Fung/Mo Yung F'uk showdown at Shaolin in DGSD and saw how poorly Mo Yung F'uk fared against his opponent, did most of the witnesses think to themselves, "Wow. Kiu Fung is even more powerful than we thought he was!" or did more them think, "Wow, That Mo Yung F'uk guy is really overrated"?

I think Xiao Feng was already legendary from the Juxian Manor fight and that most people would be inclined to think "Wow, that guy is rly l33t!" After all whenever posters talk about why Murong Fu was overrated, they usually bring up say the Duan Yanqing fight, or the Jiumozhi fight, and those weren't public battles.

What I wonder is, what percentage of the audience knew what was going on with the Duan Yu vs Murong Fu fight. For the uninitiated, it would look pretty bizzarre for Duan Yu to stand in one place without moving while pointing and poking with his fingers alot, while Murong Fu stands 10 meters away swinging his sword or sabre around and absolutely nothing happening It reminds me of a fighting game video in which both players stood in opposite corners and did nothing but whiff attacks in order to build meter (for special attacks) for the first half minute, to much laughter and sarcastic cheering from the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    For those who witnessed the Kiu Fung/Mo Yung F'uk showdown at Shaolin in DGSD and saw how poorly Mo Yung F'uk fared against his opponent, did most of the witnesses think to themselves, "Wow. Kiu Fung is even more powerful than we thought he was!" or did more them think, "Wow, That Mo Yung F'uk guy is really overrated"?
    As I remember, in the novel, people think that MRF was overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    What I wonder is, what percentage of the audience knew what was going on with the Duan Yu vs Murong Fu fight. For the uninitiated, it would look pretty bizzarre for Duan Yu to stand in one place without moving while pointing and poking with his fingers alot, while Murong Fu stands 10 meters away swinging his sword or sabre around and absolutely nothing happening It reminds me of a fighting game video in which both players stood in opposite corners and did nothing but whiff attacks in order to build meter (for special attacks) for the first half minute, to much laughter and sarcastic cheering from the audience.
    However, MRF's weapons were broken (and probably MRF's cloth was torn off too) during the fight. Therefore, most people should know that something was going on.

....Mo Yung F'uk....
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Long distance palm strikes and invisible chi streams are not unknown to those in the wulin. Even MRF's servants could detect it and yell out a warning to MRF that he was facing Jian Qi. Most of the bystanders could probably guess what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    The site's built-in censor won't let us Cantonese types get away with anything closer than that.

hahahhaha
    TaZzY InC