Thread: Some questions regarding HSDS

Post Some questions regarding HSDS

1. What is Reverend Wuse history? Why does Guo Xiang remember him?

I can't seem to remember who he was besides Z3F's teacher.

2. Was the HSDS2003 with Alec Su, a adaptation based on the third edition changes?

Because I thought HSDS2003 was lousy in their adaptation, they skipped over so many details, the Wudang heroes were a bunch of sissy who cried with no manliness (especially the 3rd hero, omg major sissy face). I mean the Wudang heroes in HSDS1986 version also cried but they still possess some dignity and manlyness! They revealed who the true villian of the story was way too early and it just eliminated all mystery and intrigue. I'm greatly disappointed in HSDS2003.

To me, all this raving about China mainland adaptations of Jin Yong's novel being better adaptations are SOOOOOOOO OVERRATED! And I've seen the mainland adaptations of DSGD, SOD, and HSDS and I was opened minded and tried not to compare it to the HK version of the adaptations but none of the mainland version really impressed me completely or win me over. I remain unswayed and unmoved by the mainland version. Sure they might have good costumes and music (in regards to DSGD and XAJH) and more people to act as the sects disciples and everything but I really feel that it lacks in the detail of the storyline, acting skills and emotions that the HK versions had (DSGD1997, XAJH1996, and HSDS1986).

The New Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 1986 by TVB still goes on unmatched and peerless! 20 years of greatness! WOOO!

Although, I do like Alec Su's performance as Zhang Wu Ji, I still prefer Tony and HSDS86's entire cast over the HSDS03.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    2. Was the HSDS2003 with Alec Su, a adaptation based on the third edition changes?
    Unlikely. Most probably 2nd Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    1. What is Reverend Wuse history? Why does Guo Xiang remember him?

I can't seem to remember who he was besides Z3F's teacher.

Reverend Wuse was the head of the Luohan Hall. He was not Z3F's direct teacher. He made the fighting Luohan toy for GX back in RoCH.

See RoCH Chapter 35:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...8&postcount=97
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-16-06 at 09:44 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Reverend Wuse has an appearance at the end of ROCH, one of the guy who is giving GX her birthday present, apparently one of many friends of the "Condor Hero"