+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Avatar

  1. #1
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default Avatar

    I'm not sure if it's just me but I was trying to change my avatar but it didn't work. I checked the size but it was below 75x75 and it still didn't work and it didnt' say why. Can someone tell me if there's a problem or what?

  2. #2
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    The maximum size of your custom image is 75 by 75 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller). It could be that your avatar size exceeds 48.8 even though it is under 75 by 75 pixels.

  3. #3
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    I checked the size of the avatar and it was only a few kb. I still don't understand why I can't change my avatar. I can only use the avatars from Spcnet.

  4. #4
    Registered User JamesG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Make sure the avatar you are trying to download from your computer is a jpeg or gif format. bmp won't work.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mysterl0us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    actually bmps do work as i've tried before..

  6. #6
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    ?????


    I tried to make this my avatar but it didn't work. Can spcnet help me set this as my avatar or something?
    Last edited by TommyH; 03-11-06 at 01:05 AM.

  7. #7
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Is it possible for the Administrator to set an avatar for me? If it's possible can he set my avatar to ????????

    [img]????[/img]
    Last edited by TommyH; 03-11-06 at 01:05 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member arachidonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Land of the Pigs
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Just save it into your comp and upload it from your computer. Yeah, and resize it. .
    Last edited by arachidonic; 02-25-06 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #9
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Just save it into your comp and upload it from your computer. Yeah, and resize it. .
    It's 75x75 so it works. I tried saving into my comp and upload but it didn't work! I really want to use this avatar.

  10. #10
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    I tried to change my avatar to this Bosco avatar again at my friend's computer but it continued to not work. I don't know why. Can someone tell me what's happening?

  11. #11
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Well, I'm not sure what's happening, I tried uploading the avatar and it was successful. Hmm, you can try using other computers perhaps?

  12. #12
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Well, I'm not sure what's happening, I tried uploading the avatar and it was successful. Hmm, you can try using other computers perhaps?
    You tried uploading this Bosco avatar and it worked? Hmm... I'll try again at my friends maybe.

  13. #13
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    I just tried again and it worked so weird but i'm glad it worked

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    hMm.
    Posts
    994

    Default

    omg, one suggestion would be that the avatar should b BIGGER >.< instead of 75 x 75..can it b 100 x 100?? thats what most are n i cant seem to fit the ones i really like!!
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

    don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

  15. #15
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    omg, one suggestion would be that the avatar should b BIGGER >.< instead of 75 x 75..can it b 100 x 100?? thats what most are n i cant seem to fit the ones i really like!!
    You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No big deal.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-13-06 at 09:20 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  16. #16
    Senior Member mysterl0us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No bit deal.
    Or you can also use Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you have it.
    __________________
    'And so, I continue to walk upon this shallow city, hoping to find the one for me...'

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    hMm.
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No big deal.
    lol i kno, but the pic i have is really really big, so even by using photoshop, it turns blurry? n u can barely see the pic since its gotten so small..
    n plus..most avatars are 100 x 100, so it'll b soo much easier to just copy& paste the link n bam! done haha..n the size 48.8 kb is 2 small..so if my "avie" isn't as blurry as it already is..the kb is 2 big even if its 75 x 75 so i'll have 2 make it even MORE smaller
    oh well..i guess i'll live lol
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

    don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

  18. #18
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    lol i kno, but the pic i have is really really big, so even by using photoshop, it turns blurry? n u can barely see the pic since its gotten so small..
    n plus..most avatars are 100 x 100, so it'll b soo much easier to just copy& paste the link n bam! done haha..n the size 48.8 kb is 2 small..so if my "avie" isn't as blurry as it already is..the kb is 2 big even if its 75 x 75 so i'll have 2 make it even MORE smaller
    oh well..i guess i'll live lol
    Could you give me the link to the 100x100 avatar and I'll see if I can resize it without compromising the picture quality of the avatar? If not, we can always make our own avatar with the favorite star of ours or anything. So wanna take up on my offer? I don't do this just for anyone, except maybe Cherrie, cuz she's a good friend. Haha...so choice is yours...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    hMm.
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Could you give me the link to the 100x100 avatar and I'll see if I can resize it without compromising the picture quality of the avatar? If not, we can always make our own avatar with the favorite star of ours or anything. So wanna take up on my offer? I don't do this just for anyone, except maybe Cherrie, cuz she's a good friend. Haha...so choice is yours...
    omg, really!? i feel so special now! muahaha alrite, when i come around one that i wanna use..i will DEF. pm u it! thanks so much dude
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

    don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

  20. #20

    Default

    Do I need to have 500 posts in order to have a pic for my avatar? oops it worked, please delete my question
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Similar Threads

  1. Avatar
    By ghostdarTeal'c in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 05-12-07, 10:46 AM
  2. What the Hell is This Avatar?
    By sixdays in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-07, 08:48 PM
  3. is there a way to block select users avatar?
    By 3spirit in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-19-07, 12:07 AM
  4. Setting an Avatar
    By eeyore in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-11-03, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts