Thread: Avatar

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Avatar

I'm not sure if it's just me but I was trying to change my avatar but it didn't work. I checked the size but it was below 75x75 and it still didn't work and it didnt' say why. Can someone tell me if there's a problem or what?

The maximum size of your custom image is 75 by 75 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller). It could be that your avatar size exceeds 48.8 even though it is under 75 by 75 pixels.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I checked the size of the avatar and it was only a few kb. I still don't understand why I can't change my avatar. I can only use the avatars from Spcnet.

Make sure the avatar you are trying to download from your computer is a jpeg or gif format. bmp won't work.

actually bmps do work as i've tried before..

TommyH
    Unregistered

?????

I tried to make this my avatar but it didn't work. Can spcnet help me set this as my avatar or something?
    Last edited by TommyH; 03-11-06 at 01:05 AM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Is it possible for the Administrator to set an avatar for me? If it's possible can he set my avatar to ????????

[img]????[/img]
    Last edited by TommyH; 03-11-06 at 01:05 AM.

Just save it into your comp and upload it from your computer. Yeah, and resize it. .
    Last edited by arachidonic; 02-25-06 at 11:49 PM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Just save it into your comp and upload it from your computer. Yeah, and resize it. .
    It's 75x75 so it works. I tried saving into my comp and upload but it didn't work! I really want to use this avatar.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I tried to change my avatar to this Bosco avatar again at my friend's computer but it continued to not work. I don't know why. Can someone tell me what's happening?

Well, I'm not sure what's happening, I tried uploading the avatar and it was successful. Hmm, you can try using other computers perhaps?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Well, I'm not sure what's happening, I tried uploading the avatar and it was successful. Hmm, you can try using other computers perhaps?
    You tried uploading this Bosco avatar and it worked? Hmm... I'll try again at my friends maybe.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I just tried again and it worked so weird but i'm glad it worked

omg, one suggestion would be that the avatar should b BIGGER >.< instead of 75 x 75..can it b 100 x 100?? thats what most are n i cant seem to fit the ones i really like!!
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    omg, one suggestion would be that the avatar should b BIGGER >.< instead of 75 x 75..can it b 100 x 100?? thats what most are n i cant seem to fit the ones i really like!!
    You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No big deal.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-13-06 at 09:20 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No bit deal.
    Or you can also use Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    You can always photoshop it and make it smaller. No big deal.
    lol i kno, but the pic i have is really really big, so even by using photoshop, it turns blurry? n u can barely see the pic since its gotten so small..
    n plus..most avatars are 100 x 100, so it'll b soo much easier to just copy& paste the link n bam! done haha..n the size 48.8 kb is 2 small..so if my "avie" isn't as blurry as it already is..the kb is 2 big even if its 75 x 75 so i'll have 2 make it even MORE smaller
    oh well..i guess i'll live lol
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    lol i kno, but the pic i have is really really big, so even by using photoshop, it turns blurry? n u can barely see the pic since its gotten so small..
    n plus..most avatars are 100 x 100, so it'll b soo much easier to just copy& paste the link n bam! done haha..n the size 48.8 kb is 2 small..so if my "avie" isn't as blurry as it already is..the kb is 2 big even if its 75 x 75 so i'll have 2 make it even MORE smaller
    oh well..i guess i'll live lol
    Could you give me the link to the 100x100 avatar and I'll see if I can resize it without compromising the picture quality of the avatar? If not, we can always make our own avatar with the favorite star of ours or anything. So wanna take up on my offer? I don't do this just for anyone, except maybe Cherrie, cuz she's a good friend. Haha...so choice is yours...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Could you give me the link to the 100x100 avatar and I'll see if I can resize it without compromising the picture quality of the avatar? If not, we can always make our own avatar with the favorite star of ours or anything. So wanna take up on my offer? I don't do this just for anyone, except maybe Cherrie, cuz she's a good friend. Haha...so choice is yours...
    omg, really!? i feel so special now! muahaha alrite, when i come around one that i wanna use..i will DEF. pm u it! thanks so much dude
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

Do I need to have 500 posts in order to have a pic for my avatar? oops it worked, please delete my question
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan