Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Canopy of Love 《天幕下的戀人》

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy_85
    spoilers ahead....
    in the last 2 eps, i was piss off at bosco because of his selfishness but in the end, I felt sorry for him. Then again, that's life. Just because you gave your heart to someone doesn't mean that they'll reciprocate. I'm happy that in the end he finally did the right thing. I rather see the naive, funny Nick rather than the serious one. Seriously, towards the end, he turned into another person: a love fool.
    He is selfish? I don't think so.
    He thought alan was with karen. He loved ci so much. He didn't want ci to get hurt when alan was back, as he thought that alan dumped ci.
    And it's kind of understandable that he felt insecure when his girlfriend's ex was back..........

Ci accepted him as her boyfriend, and ci agreed to marry him. He didn't force her to do so.............

I know nearly everyone love to see the ending coz ci and alan truely love each other (that includes me). However, please think about nick. He has done nothing wrong. He chased the girl who broke up with his friend. He was not the one who stole the girl from his friend. And he was the one who believed alan until karen fooled him..............
    Last edited by Elize; 03-17-06 at 11:32 PM.

Tommy did u finish watchign teh show yet?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Tommy did u finish watchign teh show yet?
    not yet i'll be done by tuesday.

although UTCOL has a nice ending, i think it was rather rushed and how everything seemed to happen out of a sudden.

*spoilers ahead*

in the beginning of ep 20, bosco was going crazy and would do just anything to have sze (risking his life in the pool). then when he saw that sze and alan walking together from the port he was mad and later pleaded the gangsters to beat him up to death cause he was too upset ...

... then out of a sudden he disappeared and gave sze to alan. and only a piece of letter can make the leads together again.

also, they didn't show how chris managed to talk things out with martin.. he was obviously angry when he found out her secrets but they never showed what happened when chris met him later.

the ending is good, but was done in a pretty messy way imo.

hmmm i know a lot of people complain about the ending being rush, but well, it's tvb. They always like to cram everthing in one episode.

spoiler

All I care about is Alan and Niki got together in the end But I really like the last scene. It's just like what Angela said in the first ep: if Niki sees that white horse or something, she'll find her prince. Haha.. the last scene i was like, "go kiss her, hurry"

But yeah... Bosco was crazy but I'm happy that he finally realized that Alan and Niki belong together and back out.

Actually, I'm curious how Chris and Martin work their things out. It would be nice if tvb showed us what happened. Though, I wonder why Martin woudl give her another chance after the way she treated him in the past.

I think this series really went downhill after episode 16. They should've just made Bosco try to pursue Niki but ends up getting rejected because Niki still had feelings for Kevin.

Getting Bosco to propose and for Niki to accept his proposal is just so ridiculously far-fetched.

And they never handled the business aspect that well either. Wasn't Mrs. Yim (Mary) at loggerheads with Mr. Yim over the ownership of the business? So it's just assumed that Mrs. Yim finally accepts Bosco and allows him to take over?

lmao i saw dat part...it's soo funni!
    it really make bosco look sorta gay lmao
    im still stuck on ep. 16 tho boohoo
    LaLaLa
    This is my fab siggie
    LaLaLa

xox

I'm watching episode 18 now. I'm so annoyed at Sze, acting all pitiful like Alan wronged her, especially what she said to Nick in the locker room and the way she said it, how she doesn't want to play violin anymore because using the violin he bought her makes her thinks of him, and saying with a 'Alan is unfaithful to me' tone that she sees them in the room together. I know she is hurt, but I hate how she acts like Alan has wronged her. Has she forgotten that THEY HAVE ALREADY BROKEN UP AND SHE HERSELF WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE UP WITH ALAN?!!

And why is Nick and the other office girls all think that Alan has the obligation to be faithful to Sze? They have already broken up. Even if Alan really get together with Karen, he still does nothing wrong.

Sze is so undeserving of Alan. She broke up with Alan but expect him to be faithful to her. And her trust for Alan is pathetically minuscule to non-existance. Alan cerrtainly deserve better.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Nick is also very stupid. He already flew such a long way to Singapore. Why can't he wait for Alan to come back and ask Alan himself the whole truth instead of listening to Karen and go back to HK straight away?!!!

How much time does it take to wait for Alan to finish meeting? Being straight forward person, wouldn't it be more logical for him to wait for Alan's return to get the truth from the horse's mouth? Even if he really believes what Karen said, his logical action according to his personality would be to confront Alan instead of flying quietly back to HK without see Alan first.

Without the misunderstandings we won't have a 20 episode series. TVB needs to squeeze out a few extra episodes and without your mandatory misunderstanding between the 2 main leads they would actually have to "gasp" think of a better script.

Watching episode 20 now. I love the part where Sze watched the recorded interview of Alan. I like that part because I know Sze must be feeling very awful and guilty for distrusting Alan and singlehanded ruin their relationship. It gives me a sense of satisfaction. I'm more happy when Alan's parents revealed how Alan has planned to buy a house and marry her. Her guilt and 'I fukk-up big time' feeling must have amplified greatly.

Yeah, I know being sadistic here, but I really think Sze deserves it.

Come to think of it, Sze never actually put much effort in making her and Alan's relationship works in the first place. Alan was the one who tried very hard to make the relationship work, while Sze felt insecure over every small little thing. She doubted Alan even before Alan lied to her. And if she hasn't get offended and paranoid so easily, Alan wouldn't have lied (so that she won't be unhappy).

The main problem that ruined their relationship is her insecurities which then lead to her lack of trust in Alan. And she gave up too easily. She never tried working for their relationship. She just gave up over small obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Come to think of it, Sze never actually put much effort in making her and Alan's relationship works in the first place. Alan was the one who tried very hard to make the relationship work, while Sze felt insecure over every small little thing. She doubted Alan even before Alan lied to her. And if she hasn't get offended and paranoid so easily, Alan wouldn't have lied (so that she won't be unhappy).

The main problem that ruined their relationship is her insecurities which then lead to her lack of trust in Alan. And she gave up too easily. She never tried working for their relationship. She just gave up over small obstacles.
    Sze felt insecure cause Karen is richer, smarter and more educated than her (not gonna say prettier cause that's subjective). Sze's character is naive and she is just a simple girl. Alan is the ambitious one. He wanted to be rich and, well, it does seem like karen's personality suits him more. Remember the scene where Alan brings Sze to Karen's party and she said that she felt that they are drifting apart? Their personalities and goals are different. Anyways, Karen is always with Alan and she does have the ability to help Alan on his career so of course Sze would get worry.

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060322/
    http://www.asianfanatics.net
    translations by xbunnylicious

Niki Chow Will Torture Audience If She Wears a Bikini?

Yesterday Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong, and Niki Chow invited all of the actors and staffs of Under the Canopy of Love for a midday feast. In the end, UTCOL's ending had an average of 37 points and the TVB high executives were also there to support. Niki was reminded of that she has once said if the ratings reached 40 points, she will wear a bikini. She said, "It's still missing 3 points!" Bosco and Kevin on the side shouted, "Thank god, or you're going to torture the audience!"

With the ratings being ideal, Niki was asked whether there will be a sequel. She said, "I haven't heard of having a sequel but we don't have to film a sequel! We can film other types of series like a musical series! (When will you film again?) No one asked me yet! Plus my new album is out in the end of next month. Right now I am focusing on singing."

Niki Chow Does Not Need to Appear in a Swimsuit

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bosco-wong.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/en0322f1.jpg')

Niki Chow, Bosco Wong, and Kevin Cheng treated the entire cast and crew to a celebration dinner to celebrate “Under the Canopy of Love” achieving a peak viewer rating of 37 points in its finale. Earlier, Niki said that if the ratings hit 40 points, she would appear in a bikini. In the end however, it was still short 3 points. Niki jokes, “It’s these 3 points that covered my 3 points.” When asked whether she was happy with the ratings, she laughed and said that it was okay. When discussing the fact that people missed out on the opportunity of seeing Niki in a bikini, Kevin, who was on the side, wittyly responded, “You should be thankful; You don’t have to see it now.”

Yesterday, Niki, Bosco, and Kevin offered their wallets to treat everyone. They joked, “We are happy to ’strip’ [which sounds like “divide by three” in Cantonese]!” Niki expressed that they worked really hard to promote this series. When asked if the company was doing anything to reward them? They replied, “Giving us more opportunities to to film in more series is already a reward!”

Niki expressed that she saw a lot of feedback on the Internet on their thoughts of the finale. She said, “Many people on the internet even created fanfic sequels. They were very creative!” When asked whether there would be a sequel, Niki said, “The chances are low, because you can’t really develop the story any further.” Bosco and Kevin, who were standing on the side, laughed and said that if there was a sequel, they would kick Niki out, and just focus on their brotherly friendship instead.

“Under the Canopy of Love” had set yet another highly rated series for them. Everybody agreed that this was already a good start. Right now, both Bosco and Kevin are filming again. When we asked Niki when she would film another series? She replied, “I don’t know. I am focusing on singing right now. My album is scheduled for release in April. However, if someone wants to hire me to act, I will definitely accept. Though I think I should complete my album first before thinking about anything else.”

Credits to:http://bosco-wong.com/news

Bosco Too Weak and Accidentally Reveals Underwear

It is the second week into TVB’s new series “Under the Canopy of Love”, and its ratings averages at 31 points, peaking at a high of 35 points, displaying exceptional results. Yesterday, the series cast including Niki Chow, Bosco Wong, and Kevin Cheng, attended a celebration at the mall where the series was set. They were giving out flowers and posters to the audience, but when the cast appeared, they were immediately surrounded by a large crowd grabbing at the free gifts, making it very difficult for the actors to move. As a result, they had to abandon the gift-giving, and proceeded to the mall’s 4th floor to play games and celebrate.

NIKI CHOW DOESN’T WANT TO BE “CHICKEN OUT” CHOW

During the event, Kevin and Bosco were both requested to carry Niki and walk across a “pebble path”. Kevin completed the act in lightning speed, while Bosco needed 40 seconds to finish because his legs were hurting too much. As such, he was made fun of, saying that he had a weak body. While carrying Niki, he even accidentally exposed his underwear.

Bosco cries in pain as he carries Niki

Niki appeared in shorts that day. Despite having worn something underneath, she was also worried of pulling a Bosco, and be captured exposing undergarments. When asked whether something was pressing down on them while being carried, Niki laughs, “You’ll have to ask them! But it’s perfectly normal. I’m a girl!” While she was giving out flowers, because she constantly crossed both her arms in front of her chest, the flowers were all stolen [by people] before she could give any out. She explains this is because when she was promoting for “The Gentle Crackdown” previously, she was taken advantage of, so she’s been scared ever since. That is why whenever she sees chaos and confusion, she’d immediately put up a protective pose with her hands.

Niki promised she would wear a bikini if the show’s ratings averages 40 points. Since she’s nicknamed “Chicken Out” Chow, would she chicken out on this promise? She laughs and clarifies that the reason she got this nickname was because it rhymed [with her name]; she is definitely not that type of person. She thinks that if the ratings are good, she’d rather hold a carnival at Ocean Park and go on thrill rides like the pirate ship.

Bosco doesn’t mind that he had exposed his underwear, he says, “It’s not a big deal that a guy reveals a bit. (Why did it take 40 seconds long?) Niki Chow is too heavy! (Was there something pressing down on you?) Her knees and hands lor!” When someone pointed out that he was unhealthy, he expresses that he hasn’t had enough sleep due to filming. That’s why his cough hasn’t fully recovered yet. When asked whether he was unhealthy because he’s been making lots of money, he laughs, “It’s a problem when one hasn’t made a lot of money and is already unhealthy! But I haven’t had much chance to spend much recently because I’ve been busy filming. Most of the money I spent was on seeing the doctor and buying medicine.” Before, whenever Bosco is filming series, he would receive soup from Liza Wang, so he jokes, “Plus, I’m missing Liza’s awesome soup!”

With regards to the arrest of the thief that stole from Liza while she was in mainland China, Bosco applauds and says that it’s great news. He knows that Liza was really frightened because of the incident. Now, it should be safer up north.

KEVIN CHENG THE TARGET OF PAPARAZZI

Kevin Cheng has recently become many paparazzi’s target, causing him a lot of inconvenience. To prevent them from finding his address, he deliberately went to sing karaoke to get away from them. Little did he know, they knew his address all along. Kevin helplessly says, “With them following me around, I can’t go on any dates anymore! That’s why I only go out for dinner and occasionally play some basketball. Hopefully, after ‘Under the Canopy of Love’ is done, they will stop following me.”

With regards to the fact that he completed the pebble path in lightning speed, he expresses that it was too painful, he justed wanted to be over quickly. When asked whether Niki had something pressing down on him, he laughs, “Her feet! (Is Bosco is very unhealthy?) Cause he’s busy filming, while I’m taking a break right now!”

When Bosco wanted to carry Niki from the front, Kevin warned not to do so, in case she accidentally reveals her undergarments. Afterwards, Kevin was praised for being careful and caring. He laughs, “Because the opening on her shorts were huge, and there were a lot of reporters in front of them. There’s no point! Her image is pure; there’s no need to promote like this. (Were you frightened by the chaos?) No, because there was a lot of security. The female security guards responsible for protecting me and Bosco even said they were taken advantage of by us!”

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bosco-wong.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/330949_2.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bosco-wong.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/24.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bosco-wong.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/23.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bosco-wong.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/22.jpg')

Source: Sing Pao, Orisun, Wen Wei Pao, Takung, Oriental Daily, Ming Pao

Sze felt insecure cause Karen is richer, smarter and more educated than her (not gonna say prettier cause that's subjective). Sze's character is naive and she is just a simple girl. Alan is the ambitious one. He wanted to be rich and, well, it does seem like karen's personality suits him more. Remember the scene where Alan brings Sze to Karen's party and she said that she felt that they are drifting apart? Their personalities and goals are different. Anyways, Karen is always with Alan and she does have the ability to help Alan on his career so of course Sze would get worry.
    Worry is one thing. But just gave up without trying is another. And she always think the worst of Alan, always jumping to conclusion that he must have been unfaithful over small little signs. I feel pity for Alan, desperately holding on to the relationship, but she just gave him up so easily.

The party scene was her being ultrasensitive and paranoid again. The rich girls treated her nicely. No one was arrogant to her. All were friendly. But she felt that they treated her like servant.
    Alan has been nothing but caring towards her in the party. Ok, he walked away for awhile. There's nothing wrong with that. Does Sze need to cling to hin 24 hours a day? Ok, she don't know about wine, big deal. Can't she learn? Alan comes from a poor family too. And he can learn all these. Alan wanted their steps to be together and she didn't even try to do that. Tried and failed is one thing. Didn't try at all is another.

I think Alan's kind of ambitious is a very healthy kind. It's good to have a drive for success and better future. It is this drive that enable successful people to be who they are now. Alan is anbitious, but he never lost sight of what is most important for him (i.e. Sze). He never does anything against his conscience or hurt other people just for success. He never steps on other people's shoulders to get ahead like his bosses.

<post blanked by mod>

Please do not make rude or inflammatory statements.
    Last edited by Em; 03-30-06 at 06:15 PM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I finished this series and I really feel sad for Nick. I wonder how I'd have acted if I was Nick. This is really a sad love story. But I'm glad Alan and Sze ended up together.

Junior Member smartiepants_smarties's Avatar

Default OMG!! I love this.....

Man......UTCOL was quite short 20 episode for me isn't quite enough but still.....
    But a fact that Kevin and Niki are made for each other in this show......Although Bosco seems to act a little tiny bit like Roger Kwok in Life Made Simple and especially with that hair cut tooo...............