Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Legend of the Demi-Gods 《搜神傳》

I don't like this series that much. The story and costumes are so cheesy. God of Honour was a lot better. Benny's acting in this series is so exaggerated and fake it just annoys the hell out of me. His acting didn't improve the least bit all these years.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default So Far

I have watched two episodes. I want to give up on it because im not into the whole "demigod" theme. I'm not saying it's bad though. It's just that I'm not into the "demigod" theme.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Hi can somebody explain to me? This show was a little boring and i fast-forwarded a lot...

I thought Linda married sunny when she was an old lady.. then after she recovered her youth, they didn't mention anything about the marriage, and then they became gods.

Are they still married or not?

Arrrrrrrrg!!!!

The ending is so crap!

click to show/hide spoilers
    What was the point of the romance if they were gonna be gods anyway since chinese god's aren't supposed to have love and romance? What on earth was the point of Sunny andLinda getting married then? Why on earth is there a love triangle since Linda only has feelings for Sunny, it is very apparent.

And what's with the snake ending? It was very anti-climatic and predicted. So Halina gets no karma for all the people she killed? I know she is a pitiful woman who was betrayed but still, she was superevil and suddenly she repents (not for killing people, but for causing her husband to die) and she gets chance to practice self-denial and become a deity and be with her husband?

The show just gets worse after Stephen and Nancy die!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Arrrrrrrrg!!!!

The ending is so crap!

What was the point of the romance if they were gonna be gods anyway since chinese god's aren't supposed to have love and romance? What on earth was the point of Sunny andLinda getting married then? Why on earth is there a love triangle since Linda only has feelings for Sunny, it is very apparent.

And what's with the snake ending? It was very anti-climatic and predicted. So Halina gets no karma for all the people she killed? I know she is a pitiful woman who was betrayed but still, she was superevil and suddenly she repents (not for killing people, but for causing her husband to die) and she gets chance to practice self-denial and become a deity and be with her husband?

The show just gets worse after Stephen and Nancy die!
    I knew TVB would give us a cop out ending like that. They did say that the focus of this series is not about man-woman love.

Despite knowing how bad this series will turn out, I keep watching for Sunny!

What other fate can await Stephen and Nancy? Stephen and Nancy's characters should have died some 400 years ago.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

love this series. It is so funny especially Benny

I just finished watching this show. Pretty good.
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung

My husband just downloaded this series. It looks very campy, sort of like Power Rangers or that style of kids' show. I'm not sure if we'll watch all of it.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I just found that that Gon Jeung (Stephen Au) and Mok Che (?) are real legendary people. The scriptwriters did not create them from thin air. What a surprise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gan_Jiang_and_Mo_Ye
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I watched this series a while ago. It was OK. The CGI wasn't that bad. This is something more for teens and under than for adults. I rather watch Gods of Honor.