Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Demi-Gods 《搜神傳》

Default Legend of the Demi-Gods 《搜神傳》

搜 神 傳 - Sau Sun Juen (literally "Story of Searching for Gods")

Cast - Linda Chung, Sunny Chan, Benny Chan, Nancy Wu, Halina Tam, etc.

Producer - Lee Ting Seng {The Conqueror's Story, Fate Twisters}

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/06/02/22/ul-12.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mingpaonews.com/20060222/_22mf06.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mingpaonews.com/20060222/_22mf05.jpg')
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

TommyH
    Unregistered

Looks like one of those JTTW types.

Linda might be singing the themesong to this series. It's confirmed that she will be on TVB's upcoming All About Women CD to be released next month, so there's a high chance that her song will be the themesong to the series. However, it's not confirmed yet.

Hopefully someone will translate the news soon.

It's been such a long time since TVB produced a mythical series! The last one was Gods of Honour back in early 2000. The costumes aren't too appealing, but it's a good producer (I really like most of his work) and a nice cast, so I'm hopeful it will be a good series. From trying to read the news, I think Linda's role will be a "yiu lui" (temptress) and an "old lady?" Linda says she's worried about the make-up because her skin is very sensitive and this is her first costume drama. She's also not worried about rumors with Benny because they worked together on The Bitter Bitten and nothing happened. Benny said it's very special for him to work on this series because 10 years ago, producer Lee Ting Seng asked him to be on Semi-Gods and Demi-Devils.

oh my...Nancy's make-up looks horrible..and linda chung's been overly promoted lately....Why's she starring alongside Benny again...

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    oh my...Nancy's make-up looks horrible..and linda chung's been overly promoted lately....Why's she starring alongside Benny again...
    you sound like it's a big thing to work together again...

Not really interested in this series but I might watch it because of Benny Nancy Wu looks sooooooooooooooo scary, green eyes...

Urgh, I don't like Linda Chung
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

I might give it a go since I like this genre, but frankly, from the pics, Nancy looks mroe like a "yiu nui" than Linda.

I can't wait till the story comes out. But the costumes look too complicated and colourful. Must be pre-Qin era.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

oh im wondering, why is benny always fond of these types of drama? always with mystical stuff and all
    and there will be an all about women cd?!?! now, who are the 10 women included?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

News!

TVB's new series, "Sau Sun Chuen" (literal translation- Searching for God Chronicles) held its costume fitting yesterday. The series stars Sunny Chan Kam Hung, Benny Chan Ho Man, Linda Chung Ka Yan, Helena Tam Siu Wan, Stephen Au Kam Tong,and Nancy Wu Ding Yan.

In the series, Linda will have many new challenges, such as playing a seductress, ugly woman, and old woman. One of her images include a large mole on her face. Asked if Linda expects her "ugly" image to be as successful as Angela Tong Ying Ying's in "Life Made Simple," Linda said, "I will not have such big expectations. But as the series allows new experimentation, I am looking forward to the challenge!"

Linda said she does not mind appearing with an ugly image in the series. But she is worried about the make-up that she needs to put on for her old image. "I am afraid of appearing as an old woman the most. My skin is very sensitive and I am concerned with the amount of make-up I will need to put on."

Linda said this will be the second time that she will be playing a goddess. There will be a lot of action sequences in the series, so there will be a need for wirework. There will be a love triangle between Sunny, Linda, and Benny, but the plot's main focus will not be on the love relationships. Also Linda said that she is not afraid of possible rumors between Benny Chan and her as the both of them have collaborated before.

"Sau Sun Chuen" will be similiar to TVB's previous productions, "Gods of Honor" and "Journey to the West." In the new series, Sunny Chan, Benny Chan, and Linda Chung will achieve godly status, becoming the gods of Fook, Sau, Luk (Luck, Wealth, and Longevity).

Benny arrived a little late to the costume fitting. His voice was hoarse, as the night before, he met with the cast and crew of "A Pillowcase of Mystery" to celebrate the high ratings. Benny said that "A Pillowcase of Mystery" had special significance for him as it has been 10 years since he has joined TVB. His first series was in "Semi Gods Semi Devils" produced by Lee Tim Sing and coincidentally Lee also produced "A Pillowcase of Mystery" as well. Benny joked and said that he deserves a 10 year anniversary award from TVB.

Benny has had prior experience acting in fantasy dramas. Benny said that in the new series, he will have a scene where his clothes would burst apart. "But my underwear will definitely not explode onscreen. The series will air during prime time, so it will be suitable for the whole family to watch!"

As news broke earlier on Nancy Wu's romance with Deep Ng Ho Hong, Nancy tried to avoid the reporters yesterday. When the reporters congratulated her on the relationship, Nancy said "Happy Birthday," a totally irrelevant response.

When the reporters pointed out that Deep seems to care more about the relationship, Nancy said, "Well girls like to keep these things inside. Also dating is personal matter, so it is best to talk about work." Deep said that Nancy was hard to pursue? "No, that's not true!" But Nancy did reveal that the two of them spent a romantic Valentine's Day together.

Credits: Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=106

---------------------------------------

Very excited to hear that Linda's role will have so many personalities/characteristics. Seems like she's always doing these multi-personality roles. Can't wait to see her "ugly" image.
    Last edited by MetalAZNWarrior; 02-22-06 at 04:43 PM.

TVB has been giving Benny so many series with new actresses as lead.

Yea, Nancy does look quite scary but great for a villain. Great producer btw.

thanks for the info!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    Urgh, I don't like Linda Chung

yeah totally agree with you...poor acting..and way too many movies with her in it.

TommyH
    Unregistered

How many episodes? This series better be a grand production...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    you sound like it's a big thing to work together again...
    it is to me ,cuz i dont really like her. i mean..how would u react if your fav actor is being paired up with an actress you're not particularly kken of. She's pretty but actingwise,i'm not so sure. but oh well...who knows i might start liking her after watching this. just have to wait n see.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    it is to me ,cuz i dont really like her. i mean..how would u react if your fav actor is being paired up with an actress you're not particularly kken of. She's pretty but actingwise,i'm not so sure. but oh well...who knows i might start liking her after watching this. just have to wait n see.

Before this comes out, The Bitter Bitten will probably come out first so I think if you start watching that and you like her there then you'd probably enjoy this more.

somehow linda's hairstyle in the pic above makes me think of na zha
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    somehow linda's hairstyle in the pic above makes me think of na zha
    Why does Na Zha have girlish hair-styles?

dunno....but isn't na zha supposedly be a kid?
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    dunno....but isn't na zha supposedly be a kid?
    LOL yea, i think na zha is supposed to be a kid, but maybe it was benny chan who spoiled it in Gods of honour so everyone thinks na zha is an adult or something :P

frankly i'm not really into mythical series, and i only watched Journey to the West because of Dicky Cheung and Wayne Lai. i've read some of the mythical novels and TVB doesnt really follow 100% from the novels so its no fun anymore ...