Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The first tvb series?

Default The first tvb series?

Hey guys.. Directly from Canada it's 18 minutes past midnight and i have this very existencial question!

What was the first ever tvb serie that you watched?

I guess this question just into my mind!

Hey dude im from Vancouver. I was born here in the west coast. Well i think my first ever series was Police Cadet 84
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

first tvb series? i think it's the twins (tony leung & hugo ng version). that's actually my 3rd series. my first 2 series are atv productions
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

My first was 強人, Strong Person. It was back in the late 70's or early 80's I think. I remember the first episode was really brutal, father and sons all got killed by machine guns in San Francisco.

Hi! A sleepy hello from Melbourne, Australia!
    The unforgetable LOCH 83 with Barb and Felix.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I think mine was ROCH 80s -- Andy Lau & Idy Chan

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    first tvb series? i think it's the twins (tony leung & hugo ng version). that's actually my 3rd series. my first 2 series are atv productions
    I remember watching that series but I forgotten the storyline. Hugo used to dress up all in white and he wore a similar costume for his other series, but I've no idea what the series is called.

i ain't freaking old like some of ya in here....i don't remember when was my first tvb series but my first series is Journey to the West....the china version

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    i ain't freaking old like some of ya in here....i don't remember when was my first tvb series but my first series is Journey to the West....the china version

lol that was my first series also. That was the time when I started liking TVB series.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Hey dude im from Vancouver. I was born here in the west coast. Well i think my first ever series was Police Cadet 84

I'm From Montreal,Quebec..

My first tvb serie was hsds 86 with tony and kitty!!

I can't quite remember. Could be Man in the net but I have a very very vague impression of that only because I was so very young then. The TVB series that really make me a TV fan was Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre in 86. Then I rememebr the long running family drama that is something like Zhen Qing. I watch a lot of TVB series after that like Jue Dai Shuang Jiao, Xia Ke Xing, Yang Jia Jiang Xiang Chen Lang Zi, Police Cadet the series etc. Subsequently, I also watch yi bu rong qing, Ren zai Bian Yuan and hui dao wei Jia shi (sorry, don't know their English names. Also have got vague impression of She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan starring Felix and Barbra as well as Tian Long Ba Bu. I was a Tony Leung Chu Wai fan then and I still like him now but its a different kind of liking now.

Tony leung is one of the best tvb actors for me, firs b/c i'm cambodian so there was no many tvb series translate in cambodian and so they translate the most popular series at the time, and it was all tony with felix and andy au who were the most popular in cambodian series we got!!

i hope we could get more tvb series translate in cambodian!

i sorta watched a but when i was young, usually when my parents are watching it, but the first one i remember is detective files 1

Mystery of The Twin Swords II.

The Bund w/ Chow Yun-Fat.
    Last edited by keepp; 03-29-06 at 11:01 PM.

i can't really remember what was the first tvb series i watched but according to my memory, it was the Journey To The West I.
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

there is so much tvb series, that the first one is hard to remember

In terms of memory of scenes when I was very small, either HSDS 79 or God of Sabre. If we're talking about a complete series then I think my first was DGSD 82.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 05-08-06 at 03:02 AM.

my first series (or what i'd like to believe) is loch82. the rest was history from there. even now, i distinctly remember being madly in love with tony leung for his cheeky smile (even though he is a small man) and feeling unfaithful for crushing on miu kiu wai (who had the perfect stature to stare in all of those wuxia series) during my childhood and adolescent years..ah...tony and michael miu ..and hello from southern california!
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-08-06 at 03:18 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakid
    there is so much tvb series, that the first one is hard to remember

ya it's harsh hard to remember but im pretty sure it's Police Cadet 84 and then 85. hsds 86 rocked! love that show. Long live the 80s! Can you speak french? And judging from your user ID, u know how Shawn Michaels is?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    ya it's harsh hard to remember but im pretty sure it's Police Cadet 84 and then 85. hsds 86 rocked! love that show. Long live the 80s! Can you speak french? And judging from your user ID, u know how Shawn Michaels is?

yes i speak french... shawn micahels is one of my favorite wrestler

yeah love the 80s series they're the best