Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: one litre of tears

i'm on ep. 7 and this is a very touching show it will make you cry. but i liked Taiyou no Uta with the same lead girl better. but yah i dont know if i'm going to watch the rest of 1 litre of tears yet until i really need to feel like sitting down alone and shed some tears or something. not a show to watch with friiends around.

Anyone know what is the name of the music which a japanese guy sing in the drama ???

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeoples
    Anyone know what is the name of the music which a japanese guy sing in the drama ???
    ending song: Only Human - K
    insert song: Konyasuki - Remioromen and 3Gatsu 9Ka - Remioromen
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

It's Konnayuki not Konyasuki..

I'm currently watching this drama and while it's sad, it's also inspirational and really puts things into perspective. I know I tend to complain about the amount of work that needs to be done, but at least I'm healthy and able to do those things while Aya has so much she wants to do, but can not or eventually won't be able to do so.

Aya has this horrible debilitating disease, but she's fortunate to have such a supportive family (especially her parents) and doctors.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Live on!

I just finished this serial. It was really nice to see how Ako changed throughout the drama. She's just one example of how Aya touched so many people with her spirit and grace. From that respect, Aya really accomplished so much more than most "normal" people would have accomplished in their lives.

The actors who played Aya's parents did an excellent job. Whenever her father teared up, my eyes welled up quickly as well. On a lighter note, Mizuno sensei's really hot. His eyes are kind, sincere and just...mesmerizing.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-05-06 at 10:02 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh yeah, Fujiki Naohito is certainly very hot indeed.

It was great watching how Ako changed, I was particularly touched during the episode when she dragged the brother all the way home when he failed to stand up and defend Aya at the football field. Also, how Ako worked really hard in order to enter Higurashi and in a way help fulfil her Aya's wish of graduating from the high school that she had wonderful memories of.

I know 1 Litre of Tears is based on a true story, but was Haruto a made-up character to add spice to the drama? The end of the serial mentioned what Aya's siblings and parents are doing currently, but it didn't mention anything about Haruto, whether or not he eventually did become a doctor. I haven't read the book/compilation of Aya's diary entries, so I'm just curious.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Haruto is a made-up character, I think the director added a relationship between Aya & Haruto to fulfill the wish of real 'Aya' on screen?

Yes, Asou Haruto was a made up character to spice up the drama, I don't really buy the stuff about how Haruto was added in to fulfill Aya's wish of being in love. However, I am glad that the love aspect of the show was not overdone, the main theme of the show is still about Aya striving to live despite what she's going through and the love that her family showed her.

Default one litre of tears

yep that love element was added to the show..
    its still shocking to learn what the disease does to oneself but at least she bravely fought the battle but lost - plus had family support and love. A young girl like aya with so much ahead of her

i wont mind reading transcripts of her dad. I like the people in the series who protrayed her mum, her dad and little sister. I never expected the dad to be that good and very emotional - bravo

Oh My God! I saw it, and WOW, that j-drama made me cried!
    I love that movie,
    That movie is a must,
    and YES, those actors/actresses are very good looking,
    YOU WILL NOT REGRET. =]

I thought Erika Sawajiri looked a bit mixed, but I wasn't expecting Algerian-French. Pretty cool.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Watching 1LOT again but this time with english subs (previously I watched with chinese subs). Though I already know the plot but I was quite sad & teary when seeing the emotional scenes again... Oh ya btw, anyone watch the movie version of 1LOT? I'm trying to find it online but can't get it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I thought Erika Sawajiri looked a bit mixed, but I wasn't expecting Algerian-French. Pretty cool.
    I am almost done with this series and I can feel Aya's pain. Like many others, I like the transformation in her younger sister the most, she is quite a pretty girl too. I like Ryo's Haruto. He is so much better than that basketball senior who fled the budding relationship at the first sign of trouble. Have an extra dislike for his friend who keeps putting such mean ideas in his head...looks like a jerk too.

On a side note, I feel that Ryo's character seemed to be just what he's really like in real life and that's not bad at all if its its really the case. and yes, Aya's main sinseh, Teng Mu Zhi Ren is indeed a very charismatic doctor and I agree with Lady Zhuge's earlier statement about him having mesmerizing eyes.

btw, who's Erika Sawajiri ?

Erika Sawajiri is the actress who played Ikeuchi Aya.

Regarding the senior who fled the budding relationship with Aya cause she's got that illness... well, I do think it's pretty bad of him to do that. But considering that he's only 16/17 years old at the age where most boys are still pretty immature, and that he's probably looking forward to a sweet first love, it is not hard to see why he ran away when Aya turns from promising basketball player to somebody who needs to spend an entire summer in the hospital due to a strange illness.

As for Ryo, I agree that he's really playing himself in the show, somebody with a really sharp tongue but is actually a really nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Erika Sawajiri is the actress who played Ikeuchi Aya.

Regarding the senior who fled the budding relationship with Aya cause she's got that illness... well, I do think it's pretty bad of him to do that. But considering that he's only 16/17 years old at the age where most boys are still pretty immature, and that he's probably looking forward to a sweet first love, it is not hard to see why he ran away when Aya turns from promising basketball player to somebody who needs to spend an entire summer in the hospital due to a strange illness.

As for Ryo, I agree that he's really playing himself in the show, somebody with a really sharp tongue but is actually a really nice person.
    I see. thks. I thought she looked pure Japanese. You are prob right but I still think he's lousy because not once did he feel remorseful over his actions..shows how much he likes her...anyway you are so right, I thought Ryo was just playing himself! but I really like him here and in real-life too then

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I agree. He also succumbed to peer pressure, which is also typical of someone his age when being seen as "cool" and popular by others is the most important.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I wanted to be less affected when I see this but because I can somewhat relate it to my own circumstances, I still got affected with this show. To say I can feel Aya's pain would be an understatement. The true extent of her pain and suffering, plus her family's and those she loved would only be best known to them themselves especially Aya, I believed.

What Aya has is a very alienating disease, it cuts her off from society and hardly anyone else can really appreciate her problems (yes, including her family and even her mom too)so she is alone in her fight mostly. She is alienated not only physically but in her thoughts as well..that's how much implications are involved . Life becomes extremely difficult when everything becomes a struggle, things that normal people take for granted and comes so easily to them. To top it off, there is hardly any chance of recovery and that means one is robbed of her dreams and hope. what can be worse that that? As what she said, she can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Yet in spite of this, she fought on with immense courage and I suspect also because with death out as an option, she can only choose to live on the best way she can. It might seemed far-reach but I think most people would do that as well as a way to live on given a simlar situation.

I am not sure if she indeed had such a fantastic doctor in her life but if indeed she did, then I can understand the pain and fustrtation he must have felt as well with no progress as to speak when everyone around Aya and esp herself had been working so hard for so long to get better. Its such a pain in the neck that some conditions just don't get better no matter how hard you work at it. I personally think that fighting a by no means easy medical problem for life is one of the worst things that can happen.

On a side note, I do think that when we meet people that seemed strange or mean, it is likely that something happened in their past or there is something difficult going on in their lives that made them the way they are....I am thinking about Ryo's fictional character Haruto in this case.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-25-06 at 08:01 AM.

I cried so much... T___..___T... I am not a crying baby in any way... In daily life, I just keep laughing all the time... and get mad all the time... but I never cry... Okay, maybe I cry 2 ou 3 times/year... But because of this series... I was in tears and my nose was running... for hours... Actually, I was a bit surprised... my tears tasted very salty...

Really...

Such warm-hearted characters... and yet their story was so sad...

I really like H.

(Hope someone like him was by my side...)

I was happy that he stayed with her until the end... They didn't show this part, but I guees he never left her...

And her...

She was so cute... and so strong... and so worthy of admiration... Snif...