Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: one litre of tears

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Asians are generally known to be thin compared to other races. I was just reading the thread on Asians looking younger than their age and I think part of it has to do with figures.

Anyway, back on the thread topic, while I think this is a really good serial, it's not one I'd want to watch again, at least not for a very long time.
    I know what you mean....for me.its kind of too upseting to watch this again...I am so glad that they created Ryo's role....he gave the the female lead something to look forward to in her life (esp in the begining) and buffer the heavy moments of this serial

Question

i know this is out of nowhere, but i dunno any other place to ask this question.

when i tried to download a serial, i clicked on the eps and most of the time it's in this website. http://www.megaupload.com
    so i'm not sure how to get in here. and do i have to pay for it?
    a lot of the people go here to look for their favorite songs and series.
    i think i have to be a member, right?

Quote Originally Posted by L4love
    i know this is out of nowhere, but i dunno any other place to ask this question.

when i tried to download a serial, i clicked on the eps and most of the time it's in this website. http://www.megaupload.com
    so i'm not sure how to get in here. and do i have to pay for it?
    a lot of the people go here to look for their favorite songs and series.
    i think i have to be a member, right?
    Try the Technical Issues or Academia forum next time, although I'm not sure if this question is allowed since SPCNET has rules against filesharing. Oh well.

Megaupload is a free filesharing site for its basic minimal services, but you would have to pay for premium membership.

See 请在此处输入? Type the code into the box and press "download". The number of seconds you have to wait will count down and then click on the box for the file to be saved.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Try the Technical Issues or Academia forum next time, although I'm not sure if this question is allowed since SPCNET has rules against filesharing. Oh well.

Megaupload is a free filesharing site for its basic minimal services, but you would have to pay for premium membership.

See 请在此处输入? Type the code into the box and press "download". The number of seconds you have to wait will count down and then click on the box for the file to be saved.
    thank you for answering my question. and what is 请在此处输入? i was just wondering why so many people go there. and what is the premium membership?
    Last edited by L4love; 12-23-06 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L4love
    thank you for answering my question. and what is 请在此处输入? i was just wondering why so many people go there. and what is the premium membership?
    请在此处输入 is just telling you to type the code in [here]. Premium membership means you get additional benefits like not having to wait to download a file.

If you have any other questions, PM me, 'cause I don't want to get this thread any further off track.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Anyone knows what's showing on SCV after 1 Liter of tears?

i love this one

but it really broke my heart

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

have finish this series - but my last episode file was corrupted - so i actually don't know the ending other than the fact tat she died. so can anyone give me spoilers for the last episode? thanks so much.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Well, f.alchemist_freak, as you've already guessed, Aya's character indeed dies at the end. Basically, the final eppy consists of Aya and Haruto reaching an understanding (in the earlier eppy, she had written a farewell note to him), her diary is published and she passed away 10 years later peacefully.

The only flaw, IMHO, was the final scene where Aya's parents were at her gravesite, as well as her doctor. Then suddenly, the entire cemetary was filled with hundreds of people with bouquets of flowers for her. This is just ONE YEAR after her death, it seems, and already so many people know of her name. I find it very urnealistic and unlikely that *so* many people would show up AT THE EXACT moment in time to pay their tributes. Throughout the series, Aya's character has always remained very humble and low-key. She never wanted publicity or attention because of her disease. So, for the writers to create such huge fanfare for Aya, it seems rather strange and contrived. I'd prefer her parents and the doctor remembering her at her grave and that would be it.

Oh, and also, the ending featured Haruto coming back to the gym where Aya used to practice basketball. He has a vision of a healthy, smiling Aya wearing her school uniform smiling back at him under the shimmering lights of the sun streaming through the gym windows. And that was it. The tender ending to a beautiful series

Below are 2 collages I made last year during my 1 Litre of Tears craze in tribute of Aya and Haruto's bittersweet love Enjoy!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/JessMaiLinh/1litreS.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/JessMaiLinh/Asoukun2.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by AyaAsou
    The only flaw, IMHO, was the final scene where Aya's parents were at her gravesite, as well as her doctor. Then suddenly, the entire cemetary was filled with hundreds of people with bouquets of flowers for her. This is just ONE YEAR after her death, it seems, and already so many people know of her name. I find it very urnealistic and unlikely that *so* many people would show up AT THE EXACT moment in time to pay their tributes. Throughout the series, Aya's character has always remained very humble and low-key. She never wanted publicity or attention because of her disease. So, for the writers to create such huge fanfare for Aya, it seems rather strange and contrived. I'd prefer her parents and the doctor remembering her at her grave and that would be it.

Oh, and also, the ending featured Haruto coming back to the gym where Aya used to practice basketball. He has a vision of a healthy, smiling Aya wearing her school uniform smiling back at him under the shimmering lights of the sun streaming through the gym windows. And that was it. The tender ending to a beautiful series
    I am with you about the part in the cemetary, I do think it was pretty unrealistic and pushing it to have such a scene just one year after her death. But I guess the writers of the show want to find some way to express how Aya touched alot of people's lives through her diaries, but I suppose they can't find a better way to put the idea across.

About the ending where Haruto and Aya were in the gym, it is really interesting that you see it as Haruto's vision, to me the scene has always represent Aya in heaven, being able to move and run about again, playing basketball, and being together with Haruto. The ending was beautiful definitely, the series itself was an amazing ride for me.

By the way, I'm reading the original diaries by Aya (translated version of course), I knew that the writers of the show changed alot of things but it was still a little surprising how different the show was from the story. Nevertheless, the theme was kept constant; Aya's desire to live.

1 litre of tears will be having a drama special, aired on April 9th. Nishikido Ryo will returned as Asou Haruto, who has already became a doctor. The story will revolve around Haruto and Aya's sister recounting the story of Aya to a 14 year old girl with the same disease as Aya who has given up on life. For people who were not entirely satisfied with how the original series didn't have a proper closure to Aya and Haruto's story, perhaps the drama special will provide a better closure.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I am with you about the part in the cemetary, I do think it was pretty unrealistic and pushing it to have such a scene just one year after her death. But I guess the writers of the show want to find some way to express how Aya touched alot of people's lives through her diaries, but I suppose they can't find a better way to put the idea across.

About the ending where Haruto and Aya were in the gym, it is really interesting that you see it as Haruto's vision, to me the scene has always represent Aya in heaven, being able to move and run about again, playing basketball, and being together with Haruto. The ending was beautiful definitely, the series itself was an amazing ride for me.

By the way, I'm reading the original diaries by Aya (translated version of course), I knew that the writers of the show changed alot of things but it was still a little surprising how different the show was from the story. Nevertheless, the theme was kept constant; Aya's desire to live.

1 litre of tears will be having a drama special, aired on April 9th. Nishikido Ryo will returned as Asou Haruto, who has already became a doctor. The story will revolve around Haruto and Aya's sister recounting the story of Aya to a 14 year old girl with the same disease as Aya who has given up on life. For people who were not entirely satisfied with how the original series didn't have a proper closure to Aya and Haruto's story, perhaps the drama special will provide a better closure.

thanks to AyaAsou for the spoilers.

beansprouts: where did you read the diary? online? can you give me the link?

^Well... I actually purchased the Chinese translated diary.

However, I managed to dig up a couple of sites with English translations -
    http://www.xanga.com/onelitre
    http://diaryofaya.blogspot.com/

The site translated some of it while the second site continued where the first site stops. I am not sure how far they are into the book, you can check it out though.

Thanks a lot for the links! One chance to read her diary.
    I watched this series on a day, I couldn't stop and cried so much. I never thought I were able to cry like I did.
    Wonderful series and more the remarkable Aya.

yep - thanks for the link

just started this one after i had it on my comp for so long. im almost done. its so good and sad. i've already cried like 43948 times already. i didnt know jap dramas were this good.
    and edit: theres a part two to this?
    The best part of believe is the lie.

^No part two to this series... how to have a sequel when the main character has already died??

There's a drama special of the show though, shown sometime in April. The Chinese subbed version is already out, you can try hunting it down on btchina, not too sure whether the English subbes version is out already though.

Default One liter of tears

yeah i watch the series it made me cry so much. the main actress she was pretty and played the role really well. i dont know her name though. The best friend / boyfriend Ryo from japanese boy band NEWS was okay. I didnt really understand his part in the movie so much. Beside the series being such a tear jerker it was awesome. i even bought the series. i watch from time to time when i need to let out a good cry. =)

i love the drama-Magicians of Love...it is soooo sad..!

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    ^No part two to this series... how to have a sequel when the main character has already died??

There's a drama special of the show though, shown sometime in April. The Chinese subbed version is already out, you can try hunting it down on btchina, not too sure whether the English subbes version is out already though.
    yeaaaa im hunting it down so badly lol i really wanna see it since ryo is madd cute
    The best part of believe is the lie.

I just got around to watching this after watching Yuuki. Someone said this is kind of like that special so I'm watching it. I know I'm kind of asking for it by watching this, knowing it's going to be sad but watching it anyways.