Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: one litre of tears

Default one litre of tears

i have heard about this series alot in another forum, but they didnt go into detail about what the series is about or whos in it. anyone know?? or is there another thread already made about this series?? please help. thanks
    patience..............just be patient...........

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    i have heard about this series alot in another forum, but they didnt go into detail about what the series is about or whos in it. anyone know?? or is there another thread already made about this series?? please help. thanks
    Do you know if it's Korean or Japanese?
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

This is J-dorama...it's Japanese. And a real tear-jearker. Very good. If you have a chance, watch it. You would not regret it.

The actors/actreses, I don't remember their names, but the girl who played Aya is very cute. And he guy who played Haru (sp?) is pretty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    It is a drama adaptation based on the diary of a girl who died of Spinocerebellar Degeneration at the age of 25. It is a neurological disease that leads to the degeneration of certain areas of the brain, causing poor muscle coordination, speech difficulty, loss of control over bowel movements, and results eventually in death. There is no known cure for this disease.

Erika Sawajiri plays the lead character, Aya Ikeuchi. Ryo Nishikido plays her classmate and beau. Naohito Fujiki plays the doctor who first diagnoses Aya's illness and helps in her treatment.

It is a tear jearker and very touching story that depicts the gradual deterioration of a lively, spirited girl and how she tries to live what is left of her life fully.

I love this drama. I cried a lot. ANd yes, Aya is really cute. ONe thing i really like about J-dorama is that it has a faster pace than Chinese and Korean. Anyway, it's a great drama. You can watch it at youtube.com

Default one litre of tears.

telling me its a good drama..its very emotional as well..
    strong messages are given out here..i have cried and cried emotionally in my heart and in reality whilst seeing this..and only up to chapter 4...
    whats heartbreaking is that..its a true story and i cant believe what a horrible disease it can be

its heartbreaking when you see the real aya (girl) and the photos of when she was a child to then pictures of her fighting the disease.
    the girl who protrays aya in the film..is a good actress and looks like the younger version of Fukada ?? (who played opposite won bin in friends)

i wonder if this will be released in japanese with traditional chinese subs...??

Default one litre of tears.

i think this series deserves a review..i havent finished it otherwise i'll put one up. Yes it may be a weepie which we might not all agree on as being "one to definitely watch"..as its not only a weepie but a true story. Its not your typical love / romantic film too
    There's a strong message throughout the series
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-02-06 at 04:25 PM.

Default one litre of tears

not yet finished..onto chapter 6...

i have definitely cried more than one litre of tears for this series

just finished watching this series and i fnished it in just one day... and i definitely cried more than one litre of tears... this was my first jdorama and the first series that made me cry a lot... i feel sad for the real Aya that she didn't get the chance to love

hope they will publish an english version of her diary... really want to read her diary...
    i found a site that translated her diary but it's not yet finished... if you want you can check it out http://www.xanga.com/OneLitre

Yep I totally agree with you guys. Its a real tearjerker. The tears started coming at episode 3 for me and went gushing like a waterfall thereafter. >.< Unlike some other shows, you don't only weep. You cry and your heart aches for Aya. Well, at least it was so for me. I finished the show feeling inspired and motivated by Aya's determination to live on. It makes one appreciate many little things that are usually taken for granted, like taking a walk in the park or even just chatting with your best friend.

A few scenes I personally felt alot for are:
    (SPOILERS)
    - When Aya went on her first date with her senior (forgot his name, that hateful guy) and how, when he realised that she was ill, just irresponsibly distant himself from her. I really felt so bad for her!

- When Haru stood up for Aya and voiced out his displeasure regarding their classmate's hyprocrisy towards Aya. And how he went after her when he realised that she had overheard the 'confrontation'. She was so strong. If she was any weaker, she would have broken into tears!

- When Haru assured Aya that no matter how slowly she speaks, he's willing to listen to what she has to say. Simply touching. =)

I feel that this story touches the heart of many because it is a simple story based on the true lifestory of a simple girl with extraordinary courage. Its definitely heart-wrenching to see such a healthy and cheerful girl, a girl who had the world and her future ahead of her, fall into the hands of the devil. But what is more touching is her courage to face her illness and to continue living.

Despite being sick, she was still very wealthy. She had her friends and family with her. Her illness bonded her family together. She transformed her sister, her brother and even Haru.

Of course, a tv series is still a fictional one and some elements must have been added to make the story more interesting, but at the core, it still depicts human strength and support. Coupled with the almost perfect acting skills of the artists, 'A litre of tears' is definitely one show to watch!

I've read the diary...its quite touching as well, but somehow, I could feel more intense emotions when I watched the series, so go catch it!

One litre of tears is one of my favourite jdrama from recent years, indeed the story is very touching without being sappy and draggy. Watching how Aya pushes on despite all the difficulties she faced really makes me think about what I am doing with my life and how privilege I am.

There were many touching scenes in the show, I particularly like the part when Aya's sister, Ako(sp?) dragged Haru all the way back home when he failed to defend Aya in front of his friends. I like how the drama is more family centric than love centric, it's so much easier to make a touching love story about a dying girl than one about family.

Of course being a television series starring young people, having a love interest is a must, I don't really buy the excuse about wanting to fulfil the real Aya's wish of being in love hence the producers added in Asou Haruto. The love story part was really well done without being over the top or overshadowing the real theme of the story - which is "to live on".

The BGM for the show is excellent, I am in love with all three songs that were constantly played in the show - 9th March and Konayuki by Remioromen and Only human by K.

The storyline is pretty good knowing it was based on a true story. Also, it doesn't hurt that Erika is really really cute.

it is a very cute series. I recommend it. I like how it is not sappy love stories and is more family oriented.

I found many part very touching.... So sad how she was on the bed and crying. She asked her doctor and her mother if she could ever get married. Everyone knew at that moment that it was impossible
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Thi series sounds really good. Has it ever been available for sale in Singapore?

Yes One litre of tears is available for sale in Singapore at both Poh Kim and TS Video, although I highly suspect that the VCDs are bootlegs. The last time I saw it was around a month ago, not sure whether the stores still have it.

I watched this series twice already and cries heavily both time. The only episode that doesn't make me cry is ep 1 and 7. The rest ... woah....

It really makes me think more about life, what do I achieve as a person in my life. I've been reading a lot of comments from other forum and what kind of impact people feel after watching this series. Arrrgghhhh, it's really encouraging to see this series, it's sad but leave us with good feeling, encourage to do better with my life. IMO.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

The series left me with alot of afterthoughts as well, I was really affected by how Aya lived her life. I went through pages and pages of forums and livejournals and blogs after watching the show, it's great to see how so many were deeply affected by the show.

I can get quite emotional when watching dramas... I cried every single episode (ok, I only got teary during the first) and absolutely bawled my eyes out at some scenes.

*Spoilers*
    In addition to the scene I mentioned in the earlier post, I really like the part when Aya's whole class ran out and sang 9th March for her as a farewell gift, even though it was kinda off key in the begining. And also the part when Haruto confessed to Aya, how he'll walk with her no matter how slowly she walked. The poems that Aya wrote in the disabled school were really inspiring, I don't think I can find that kind of courage if I am struck with such an illness.
    *End Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    The series left me with alot of afterthoughts as well, I was really affected by how Aya lived her life. I went through pages and pages of forums and livejournals and blogs after watching the show, it's great to see how so many were deeply affected by the show.

I can get quite emotional when watching dramas... I cried every single episode (ok, I only got teary during the first) and absolutely bawled my eyes out at some scenes.

*Spoilers*
    In addition to the scene I mentioned in the earlier post, I really like the part when Aya's whole class ran out and sang 9th March for her as a farewell gift, even though it was kinda off key in the begining. And also the part when Haruto confessed to Aya, how he'll walk with her no matter how slowly she walked. The poems that Aya wrote in the disabled school were really inspiring, I don't think I can find that kind of courage if I am struck with such an illness.
    *End Spoilers*

I have a health problem too and while it is not life-threatening, its difficult to cope with like now and can be disbilitating, thus I like watching such dramas cause it gives me a bit more courage to deal with what I have and I am already a pretty emotional and deep thinker in the first place. Dramas like these also give you an opportunity to cry and that sometimes helps in my emotional healing process. But sometimes, I prefer something light-hearted so that I can laugh out loud when I am able to.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I have a health problem too and while it is not life-threatening, its difficult to cope with like now and can be disbilitating, thus I like watching such dramas cause it gives me a bit more courage to deal with what I have and I am already a pretty emotional and deep thinker in the first place. Dramas like these also give you an opportunity to cry and that sometimes helps in my emotional healing process. But sometimes, I prefer something light-hearted so that I can laugh out loud when I am able to.
    There are funny moments to 1 litre of Tears actually, although such scenes are not side splittingly funny, it provides a little bit of laughter to the show. In case you get the wrong idea that 1 litre is a sad drama with a lot of crying, it really is not. The viewer gets emotional because the story is very powerful at conveing the message "To live on", and there are many heart warming (but not sappy) scenes between Aya and her friends and family.

Sorry to hear that you have a health problem, I really encourage you to watch this show since it is really really inspiring, not just to people who are facing health problems, but just about everybody. A piece of random info, 1 litre of tears may not garnered incredible ratings during it's run in Japan, but it achieved the highest sense of satisfaction among the viewers. I think it was over 80%, while second place went to Nobuta wo Produce which only managed 70+%.

I don't know why.. but everytime I see the real Aya at the end of the credits.. with her fist clench tight ( representing to fight on)./. I get teary
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07