Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Safe Guards 《鐵血保鏢)》

Yup, and the mother finally shown some backbone, that she was no pushover!!!
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    thank god he knows that he is wrong butfranklyi felt that the serious wasa bit too draggy in the end

draggy? i don't think this series was draggy...not one bit. i'm glad ah zhi gets the big keys

the others don't deserve it!

draggy? i don't think this series was draggy...not one bit. i'm glad ah zhi gets the big keys

the others don't deserve it!
    no i am not saying that it was totally draggy i believe the last party was an add on especially the one with the son

btw the son serious looks unproportionate both steven and the wife is so skinny how can the son be so fat!!!
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    no i am not saying that it was totally draggy i believe the last party was an add on especially the one with the son

btw the son serious looks unproportionate both steven and the wife is so skinny how can the son be so fat!!!

i don't think it matters whether your parents are skinny or fat...i think it depends on personal diet.

but maybe they just couldn't find any other kids so they found that fat kid.

i watched dis seried in hk but then i dunt think that its that interestin
    AHHHHHHHH our realationship is fallin a part wahhhhh i dunno wat to do.....i luv him but.......i dunno just confused

i downloaded like 2 episodes but not sure if its good
    n i'll watch it after i finish lwolap

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    i downloaded like 2 episodes but not sure if its good
    n i'll watch it after i finish lwolap
    i guarantee you that you'll enjoy it. if people didn't enjoy it then this series wouldn't get ratings as high as 40.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    i guarantee you that you'll enjoy it. if people didn't enjoy it then this series wouldn't get ratings as high as 40.
    kk i think it might b good too
    but aznxmuimui is sayin dat its bad << n she hates like every serie so i dont trust her dat much

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    kk i think it might b good too
    but aznxmuimui is sayin dat its bad << n she hates like every serie so i dont trust her dat much
    HEY HEY watch wat ur sayin mousey lols well i am not sayin i hate it its just that i dunt like da characters in da show so yea
    AHHHHHHHH our realationship is fallin a part wahhhhh i dunno wat to do.....i luv him but.......i dunno just confused

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by AznxMuiMui
    HEY HEY watch wat ur sayin mousey lols well i am not sayin i hate it its just that i dunt like da characters in da show so yea
    why don't you like them? their performance was great. elaine might be an exception because i just can't stand her acting sometimes but otherwise it's great...

why don't you like them? their performance was great. elaine might be an exception because i just can't stand her acting sometimes but otherwise it's great...
    well its just that i dunt realli like steven ma well yea and in hk i onli watched da middle so i dunt realli understand wat da story is about so yea......ima gonna go download da 1st few episode and c if i like it 1st since every1 is sayin that its so great and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by AznxMuiMui
    well its just that i dunt realli like steven ma well yea and in hk i onli watched da middle so i dunt realli understand wat da story is about so yea......ima gonna go download da 1st few episode and c if i like it 1st since every1 is sayin that its so great and stuff
    shes just tryin to make it sound bad cuz i downloaded a few episodes already JOKES

it is a good series
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Wow the ratings were that high? What was "ah wong and war and beauty? ratings"..comparable..

Besides the first two chapters which I found overly dramatic I thought this was a great series...Steven did such a wonderful job here--it's such a different role for him and he pulled it through...his character is interesting and he portrayed it nicely. Almost everyone except elaine did a wonderful job..

The love story was not interesting (they should have replaced Elaine with Tavia or someone else..bad choice for TVB..good thing she didn't ruin the ratings)..

the movie was pretty unique after all--I was concerned that it would be a typical "bobiu martial arts" movie..but it had very very good meaning and at the end I finally understand what "hum mmm" mean!

I feel Steven deserves an award for this movie...

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    Wow the ratings were that high? What was "ah wong and war and beauty? ratings"..comparable..

Besides the first two chapters which I found overly dramatic I thought this was a great series...Steven did such a wonderful job here--it's such a different role for him and he pulled it through...his character is interesting and he portrayed it nicely. Almost everyone except elaine did a wonderful job..

The love story was not interesting (they should have replaced Elaine with Tavia or someone else..bad choice for TVB..good thing she didn't ruin the ratings)..

the movie was pretty unique after all--I was concerned that it would be a typical "bobiu martial arts" movie..but it had very very good meaning and at the end I finally understand what "hum mmm" mean!

I feel Steven deserves an award for this movie...

yeah agreed. if tvb maintains their series at this level then tvb would be rich in no time not that they're not already rich...

hm never thought its ratings are that high. but i agree that this series certainly deserves to be watched it's really good!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    hm never thought its ratings are that high. but i agree that this series certainly deserves to be watched it's really good!
    yup! certainly deserves to be watched! really good!!

what time do you guys think this series took place? which part of the qing dynasty? what year? it's certainly late qing but around which emperor? what year? i have a feeling it's in the 1800s...

a little island east of america and west of europe

yup! certainly deserves to be watched! really good!!

what time do you guys think this series took place? which part of the qing dynasty? what year? it's certainly late qing but around which emperor? what year? i have a feeling it's in the 1800s...
    They keep mentioning "Sai Tai Hau", who is the Empress Dowager Cixi. This would date the series at mid to late 1800's. In fact, when Sheung Zhi is collecting debts, he actually quotes dates relating to the early years in reign of the Tongzhi emperor. This gives a date of round about 1860's, which also ties in with the Tai Ping rebellion and the so called "Cheung Mo Chak" (Long Haired Thieves) that refers to the Tai Ping rebels who cut off their braids and wore a scarf around their heads (a la Lau Dai Fook).

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    They keep mentioning "Sai Tai Hau", who is the Empress Dowager Cixi. This would date the series at mid to late 1800's. In fact, when Sheung Zhi is collecting debts, he actually quotes dates relating to the early years in reign of the Tongzhi emperor. This gives a date of round about 1860's, which also ties in with the Tai Ping rebellion and the so called "Cheung Mo Chak" (Long Haired Thieves) that is indicative of the Tai Ping rebels who cut off their braids and wore a scarf around their heads (a la Lau Dai Fook).

Ohh the 1860's. Wow they already had trains back then? Surprising. I sometimes wonder what geniuses created these advanced technology such as computers and subways and cars. Absoulutely geniuses.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Well, from my days of playing "Railroad Tycoon", they started from the 1820's, so after 40 years I guess they'd be pretty developed. Googled it and got this interesting timeline - http://www.sdrm.org/history/timeline/

Yes, I do admire the geniuses of our time - so many things that we can't live without nowadays like computers, television, cars, trains, mobile phones....