Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe Guards 《鐵血保鏢)》

TommyH
    Unregistered

This series is truly a good TVB series. I have a feeling TVB series of 2006 are going to be of good quality, considering the fact that LWOLAP, UTCOL, and APCOM all were good. SG and TBB are also good too (so far). I also like VV.

lol, u like it all haha
    im down to the last ep. i wonder what will happen....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    lol, u like it all haha
    im down to the last ep. i wonder what will happen....
    wow you're fast!

by the way...is half bald before this period? i noticed that there was already trains in this time period...so is this period later that the half bald period or before?

half bald? you mean qing dynasty? they are in qing dynasty now...emperor tong chi if im not mistaken...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

half bald? you mean qing dynasty? they are in qing dynasty now...emperor tong chi if im not mistaken...
    yeah...half bald is the qing dynasty... (like in WOIL and FTL). but is this before or after that half bald season? they're both qing dynasty...

still qing dynasty. after this emperor they still have 2 emperors to go before the qing dynasty ends.
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

still qing dynasty. after this emperor they still have 2 emperors to go before the qing dynasty ends.

hmm...so this is after half bald season... i like this more than the half bald thing...covers up the head...

huh? when is the half bald season? they are already half bald here!
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

huh? when is the half bald season? they are already half bald here!
    no they weren't! if you look at WOIL, they're not like this. here's a picture of these:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb2004/wongfeihung/wong01.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/5284/highlight107wv.jpg')

lol it's the same era! trust me! perhaps it's just tvb's getup that made safe guard people have more hair
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

lol it's the same era! trust me! perhaps it's just tvb's getup that made safe guard people have more hair
    so the guards are actually suppose to be half-bald?

yes they are
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

yes they are
    ohh...damn! so weird...these costumed just get me confused...how do we know (the world) that the qing era had half bald heads? i was never that into history..

hehe, you should know history...
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

hehe, you should know history...

the most of history i know about is american history and a bit about the start of the qin, han, tang, and ming dynasty. i also know a bit about the qing dynasty.

oh the famous ones!
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

oh the famous ones!

haha yup...i barely know anything about the other dynasties...

the qin dynasty - qin chi wong evil!!
    the han - lau bong
    tang - lee sai man kills two brothers
    ming - zhu yuen zhang

lol i learned a lot from series although some of the stuff from it might be fictional

just want to giv props to tvb for making a series which is not a star-fest but actually focuses on the depth of its characters and the story.

Seems a long time since they have casted an actor like Steven Ma (not too hot in the popularity stakes in HK atm) in the lead role, surrounded by a great support cast.

Have to agree with cmu wasabi regards the fantastic Cheung Chi Kwong and his chemistry with Kara Hui. The performance by Kwok Fung is truly inspired, having gone against his usual roles with such a multi-dimensional character, sometimes commanding with great authority and presence, other times foolish and old, loving and protective husband and father, and the comedic touches between his 3rd brother are all the more amusing given his stern appearance in public. And such a downright good guy at heart.

Haven't seen Wayne Lai in such a decent role for...since the Pig...great turn...hate him...love him...

only major negative - Elaine Yiu and her over/under-acting

ps. waiting for last eps tonite, but seems a bit obvious how the plot will unveil. still can't wait tho

I actually like Elaine Yiu is Hearts Of Fencing and Revolving Door Of Vengence. I found her acting decent in both series. But dunno why, I cannot stand her in this series. I suddenly find her acting very fake.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    haha yup...i barely know anything about the other dynasties...

the qin dynasty - qin chi wong evil!!
    the han - lau bong
    tang - lee sai man kills two brothers
    ming - zhu yuen zhang

lol i learned a lot from series although some of the stuff from it might be fictional
    Not some. Most of the historical stuff in TVB series are fictional. TVB is not known for making faithful historical series. The Conqueror's Story is an exception.

I hope u didn't take the Zhu Yuen Zhang in LWOLAP as how the real ZYZ was like.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩