Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: New Series:Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang starring Peter Ho, Hu Ge, Eddie Peng

this is one great show! far better than alec su's adaptation! i love eddie in here aswell as hu ge,peter ho, chen long and amy chan! how i wish she (Shu Sai Hwa)was my mom hehehe

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

i admit, this is a great show, far far far better than alec's, but i still found the first part draggy. and also, i'm happy that the director attempted to combine heroism, brotherly love, family, love in one drama. it makes it much less draggy, but i still though that the "love" part could have been improved. not that more scenes were needed, but none of the relationships brought any emotion to me. hu ge was awesome though.
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i admit, this is a great show, far far far better than alec's, but i still found the first part draggy. and also, i'm happy that the director attempted to combine heroism, brotherly love, family, love in one drama. it makes it much less draggy, but i still though that the "love" part could have been improved. not that more scenes were needed, but none of the relationships brought any emotion to me. hu ge was awesome though.
    I agree with u. Da relationships dis not hav dat "punch" thing that makes us go wow!! To tell u da truth, 5th brother's relationship was a bit lost to me. I couldn't figure out when da gal started to like him. I have no problem understanding da other brother's relationship.

this was far more exciting than the previous version. Though the battles were no doubt much more gruelsome, but much, much more exciting to watch.
    I really enjoyed it.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Damn, poor 7lang. Considering how happy-go-lucky he was in the beginning, and what he was holding on to and waiting for him back home, 7th brother really met a tragic death. Sadness!!
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

It's a pity dat 7th brother got da worst death of all. So sad He was da cutest, cheerful & funniest brother. Looks like he & 6th brother were very close. I guess bcoz they were da two youngest ones & da rest of da older brothers were always away. If i'm not mistaken 8th sister was also very close to him. So sad dat he had to die. It would be so nice if he survived

I wonder why they never seem to have the 9th sister in these later series?Some people don't even know that she exists since she is always cut out of these later remakes.I think she was also close to the 7th brother as well. She and the 8th sister were close of course since they are the only 2 sisters in the Yang Family.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Wow, another Yang Saga remake. I have watched the tvb 80's, two atv 90's (actual Yang part 1 and 2 and mqa starred amy chan part 1 and 2) and the alec su version. Must say, this one looks promising, from all the recs. I like the fabrics of the clothes, but I don't like the clothes style and hair; reminds me too much of japanese or Korean style moreso than chinese. From what I read, 7th brother will be really likable as well as 6th brother. I'm glad cuz they were my fav in the 80's version. The atv versions weren't about them so I won't comment and the alec su version was just too laughable and . I don't think I will like Peter's role here, though b/c well, I can't see him as 4th brother. Alec's 4th brother deserves the sad ending, by the way, but Miu Kiu Wai had left me w/ the impression that 4th bro was supposed to be suave and charismatic (of course Mr. Wai always leave that impression in all his 80's series). Peter just doesn't have these qualities. I will watch this when I can get a hand on it though. Hope it will be good (of course, if you look at the thread for the Alec version, all his fans claimed it was good, and boy were they dislusional).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

MV Eddie Peng and Peter Ho

Could anyone tell me what's going on? it looks like Eddie made Peter mad or something, but he couldn't bear to hit him for some reason. Eddie looks so funny when he was able to get hit! haha.
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanKiddo
    MV Eddie Peng and Peter Ho

Could anyone tell me what's going on? it looks like Eddie made Peter mad or something, but he couldn't bear to hit him for some reason. Eddie looks so funny when he was able to get hit! haha.
    This was before the family found out that Peter is 4 Lang. 7 Lang wanted to invite Peter over and proclaimed himself to be very persistent person who would not ever give up until he accomplishes what he set out to do. If he doesn't succeed in inviting Peter, he'd have his mother come, and if she doesn't succeed, he'd have his father come, etc. Peter raised his fist and told 7 Lang he was annoying, but I think deep down, he liked his little bro's persistence.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

does anyone know the actor who played Ye Li Xue?...can you pls give me info about him? i only know that he is the main cast in one of the stories in Liao Zhai together with Rainie Yang. He is so COOL here in Warriors of the Yangs 2006

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    does anyone know the actor who played Ye Li Xue?...can you pls give me info about him? i only know that he is the main cast in one of the stories in Liao Zhai together with Rainie Yang. He is so COOL here in Warriors of the Yangs 2006
    The actor's name is Yuan Hong. He's also playing Yang Kang in the upcoming new LOCH.

Short profile: http://www.ceihk.com/html/yuanhong.html

Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/m/yuanhong

Baidu bar
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

does 7 lang die the same as he does in the 80s TVB version?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    does 7 lang die the same as he does in the 80s TVB version?
    i don't know about 80's TVB version, but i do know that they added a twist to his death. according to historical records and the other yang jia jiang drama that i watched, he was caught and shot by pan ren mei, but in this version, after pan ren mei caught him and tied him up, he had to leave momentarily and one of his own soldiers respected the yang family and set qi lang free. he was then caught by yie lu qi on the way to his father and got shot there. but either way, he dies of many arrows piercing through his body.
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i don't know about 80's TVB version, but i do know that they added a twist to his death. according to historical records and the other yang jia jiang drama that i watched, he was caught and shot by pan ren mei, but in this version, after pan ren mei caught him and tied him up, he had to leave momentarily and one of his own soldiers respected the yang family and set qi lang free. he was then caught by yie lu qi on the way to his father and got shot there. but either way, he dies of many arrows piercing through his body.
    7th brother still got killed by arrows just not by pan ren mei. Fr. da looks of yie lu qi when 7th brother was shot, it looks like he was shocked or sad dat 7th brother got killed. Fr dat point, it felt dat yie lu qi was not so bad after all. He had some heart afterall It's really sad how 7th brother died. Really, really sad He was still so young. He did not even get to go back & see his wife

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    The actor's name is Yuan Hong. He's also playing Yang Kang in the upcoming new LOCH.

Short profile: http://www.ceihk.com/html/yuanhong.html

Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/m/yuanhong

Baidu bar
    Wow, i did not know that yuan hong will be playing yang kang in the new loch. Oh no! He's playing another baddie. Why can't he play goddie for once

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    Wow, another Yang Saga remake. I have watched the tvb 80's, two atv 90's (actual Yang part 1 and 2 and mqa starred amy chan part 1 and 2) and the alec su version. Must say, this one looks promising, from all the recs. I like the fabrics of the clothes, but I don't like the clothes style and hair; reminds me too much of japanese or Korean style moreso than chinese. From what I read, 7th brother will be really likable as well as 6th brother. I'm glad cuz they were my fav in the 80's version. The atv versions weren't about them so I won't comment and the alec su version was just too laughable and . I don't think I will like Peter's role here, though b/c well, I can't see him as 4th brother. Alec's 4th brother deserves the sad ending, by the way, but Miu Kiu Wai had left me w/ the impression that 4th bro was supposed to be suave and charismatic (of course Mr. Wai always leave that impression in all his 80's series). Peter just doesn't have these qualities. I will watch this when I can get a hand on it though. Hope it will be good (of course, if you look at the thread for the Alec version, all his fans claimed it was good, and boy were they dislusional).
    Dis is definitely da best yang saga remake after da 80's version. U may end up liking peter. At first i thought i could not believe him being as fourth brother either but after watching it he became quite likeable & i think he managed to play out da hurt 4th lang quite well. Well of course da most likeable in dis series to me will be 6th & 7th brother. They are da best

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I wonder why they never seem to have the 9th sister in these later series?Some people don't even know that she exists since she is always cut out of these later remakes.I think she was also close to the 7th brother as well. She and the 8th sister were close of course since they are the only 2 sisters in the Yang Family.
    Yup, it's quite a pity they did not hav 9th sis in dis series. It would hav been quite nice if they had da correct no. of people in dis series. It'll be even more heart wrenching to hav 8th & 9th sister crying when they see their brother's bodies. Especially when they see 7th brother's body. Oh man! I can still remember how 8th sister tried waking them, really sad

yay, thanks to hurrymoni, i am able to watch this on youtube. of course, the first 15 episodes have really bad sound and it's all in chinese, of which I don't undersand, but it's still fun to watch. Even though I have little idea what's going on, I can tell i like it so far. the guys are fun to watch and the girls are decent too. I also get to enjoy the acting, of which are very good in my opinion. The 8th sis is really adorable and I hope to see her more in the future (great actress). I think so far, my fav is actually the 5th brother, of course i only saw about 7 episodes. But the scene w/ the cart and chains was just so touching and Johnny Chen is nice to look at (i like his eyebrows).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

i thought nic tse will play yang kang?