Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Series:Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang starring Peter Ho, Hu Ge, Eddie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i don't know about 80's TVB version, but i do know that they added a twist to his death. according to historical records and the other yang jia jiang drama that i watched, he was caught and shot by pan ren mei, but in this version, after pan ren mei caught him and tied him up, he had to leave momentarily and one of his own soldiers respected the yang family and set qi lang free. he was then caught by yie lu qi on the way to his father and got shot there. but either way, he dies of many arrows piercing through his body.
    well, in the TVB version, Yang 7 Lang was captured, but he died differently. if i remember correctly, he was a diety sent to help the Yang family and was impervious to arrows.

the only way to kill 7 Lang was to cut his forehead with a dagger and then arrows would be able to penetrate him. well, he died, of course...from arrows after they cut his forehead.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    well, in the TVB version, Yang 7 Lang was captured, but he died differently. if i remember correctly, he was a diety sent to help the Yang family and was impervious to arrows.

the only way to kill 7 Lang was to cut his forehead with a dagger and then arrows would be able to penetrate him. well, he died, of course...from arrows after they cut his forehead.
    yes, that scene in TVB was so sad. I recall, the only reason he was captured was b/c he was tired out going from one gate to the next. I cried so much when they killed him and buried his body. It was also sad when his wife found it.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

how did 7th brother's wife find out? i mean, no one knows they're married. did she hear from the rumors or something after he died? and how does the family know she's married to him? the only witness is dead!
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanKiddo
    how did 7th brother's wife find out? i mean, no one knows they're married. did she hear from the rumors or something after he died? and how does the family know she's married to him? the only witness is dead!
    who was the witness again? (i tended to fast forward all of the scenes of qi lang's wife cause i didn't like her)
    dolphin_bay

lady zhuge, is it confirmed that yuanhong will play yang kang in loch 2007? coz i read somewhere that nic tse will take the role...

Do u mean to say dat da witness is 7th brother himself? Wait, are u referring to da 80s version or dis new version? I don't remember da 80s version but i know dis version & there was other witness like da girls father & etc. So i am guessing u mean da 80s version.

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    lady zhuge, is it confirmed that yuanhong will play yang kang in loch 2007? coz i read somewhere that nic tse will take the role...
    I'm quite sure nic tse will not be playing da role. I read it somewhere & i can't remember where. I am also curious to know whether yuan hong is confirmed playing yang kang so lady zhuge can u please help us out here ?

I have already finished dis series. Excellent series but i thought if they had an extra episode it would hav been better. They could hav elaborated on how da family accepted 7th brother's wife, 6th brother's wedding & 5th brother becoming a monk. Da ending is good but a little elaboration would hav been better. I guess i'm very hard to please Still overall dis series gets 5 stars

Don't u guys think dat pan ren mei died too easily? He should hav had a horrifying death or something else not just shot by an arrow

warlock where did you get the series from? i looked online at a couple of places i couldn't find it! i mean i couldn't download it or buy it. did the ones you watched have subtitles? i really want to watch it, please help me out!

does peter's liao princess ever meet his family and his wife? did they accept her when they met? what happens?

and how come one of the brother becomes a monk! what about his wife? she becomes a semi widow? ~sorry for asking so much, i just want to know more about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    I'm quite sure nic tse will not be playing da role. I read it somewhere & i can't remember where. I am also curious to know whether yuan hong is confirmed playing yang kang so lady zhuge can u please help us out here ?
    Yes, it's long been confirmed that Yuan Hong is playing Yang Kang. You guys were probably misled by this thread title, but in that thread, you can find pics of Yuan Hong as Yang Kang.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

warlock where did you get the series from? i looked online at a couple of places i couldn't find it! i mean i couldn't download it or buy it. did the ones you watched have subtitles? i really want to watch it, please help me out!

does peter's liao princess ever meet his family and his wife? did they accept her when they met? what happens?

and how come one of the brother becomes a monk! what about his wife? she becomes a semi widow? ~sorry for asking so much, i just want to know more about the story.
    correct me if i'm wrong (based on the TVB), but WU LANG became a monk when he got hurt during that ambush. he sought refuge in the shaolin temple at Mt. Wutai.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I got mine fr sensasian.com. U can also get it fr yesasia. If i'm not mistaken da one at yesasia is slightly cheaper. U can download dis series at hugekp.net but u must hav posted 50 or 100 post. I can't remember which but i could not post dat many on such short time. I desperately wanted to watch dis so i got it online I think u can also download dis series at verycd.com but u'll hav to search for it. Mine has chinese subtitles & there is only one version for dis series which is da mandarin one. I'm still waiting for da cantonese one to come out.

Nope, peter's liao princess will never meet his family coz she made him loose his memory so he cannot remember them. Since he cannot remember his family there is no way he'll bring her to meet them. I'm quite sure he would not hav married da liao princess if he still had his memory. He loved his wife too much. Poor wife waiting for him

5th brother was too upset dat he could not be with his family when they were fighting at da 'golden beach' (sorry for my translation) & dat his brothers & father died. I guess he felt really bad, guilty & remorseful dat he was not there to help them & dat if he was there he could hav saved them. I pity him coz it was not his fault dat he was not there for his family Bcoz of one's mistake it made him so depressed & guilty dat he ended up being a monk. How really sad.
    Last edited by warlock; 11-09-06 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    correct me if i'm wrong (based on the TVB), but WU LANG became a monk when he got hurt during that ambush. he sought refuge in the shaolin temple at Mt. Wutai.
    Dis one is slightly different. Wu lang was pretty upset dat his father & brothers died & dat he was not there to help them. I guess da guilt dat he was not able to save or even prevent their death drove him to be a monk. He was so depressed & nothing seem to be able to help him. Depression & guilt can drive a sane person crazy so i guess it drove wu lang to be a monk. Also maybe being a monk gave him peace at last. Still it was really sad to see him being a monk at da end. I can accept him being a monk if they based it on da tvb version where he sought refuge in da temple but da reason dat drove him to be a monk in dis series is too sad It was not his fault!!!! Poor thing

after watching this series up to episode 20 via youtube, I must say, I like this a lot. I can't decide who my fav brother is. I like 5th in the beginning, but now I like 4th a bit more, but 7th is just so adorable. So now I narrowed it down to either 4th or 7th. I don't like 6th very much cuz he doesn't seem to have enough brotherly bond and filial piety, like the others.

So far, I like the love stories, but I must say, I am not very fond of the girls. They are quite adorable looking all, but I don't like their personality too much. The 1-3 girls seemed identical in personality to me and had vague faces, so I can't tell who's who. The doctor girl has a quiet demeanor that annoyed me, and the fact that she reveal that 4th was 4th was disappointing (even though I was waiting for the moment that it would happen, I didn't like how it happened). 5th girl thus far I can't decide if she really liked 5th or the other guy. As for 6th, I kinda skipped over a lot of scenes w/ her, so I don't know. I have yet to see the bandit girl, but I hope she would shine more than the others (I did like the evil girl that 7th liked b4 though, the one that hypotized 7th; I admire her talent and loyal and I thought she was the prettiest-looking girl of the bunch thus far).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    Dis one is slightly different. Wu lang was pretty upset dat his father & brothers died & dat he was not there to help them. I guess da guilt dat he was not able to save or even prevent their death drove him to be a monk. He was so depressed & nothing seem to be able to help him. Depression & guilt can drive a sane person crazy so i guess it drove wu lang to be a monk. Also maybe being a monk gave him peace at last. Still it was really sad to see him being a monk at da end. I can accept him being a monk if they based it on da tvb version where he sought refuge in da temple but da reason dat drove him to be a monk in dis series is too sad It was not his fault!!!! Poor thing
    wow, I think I like the chinese more than TVB b/c it makes more sense to me. In the tvb, the monk (deity in disguised?) just told him that his life as Wu Lang was supposed to end, therefore, he should be a monk and he accepted it. b/c he accept that so easily, I was disgusted b/c that seemed cruel to those who loves him.

by the way, I also like how the chinese version decided to erase Si Lang's memory b/c in tvb, Miu Kiu Wai's Si Lang fell for the liao princess, which I thought was disloyal and wrong. I like the convenience of the memory-loss and think it was effective to not make the audience hate Si Lang for his disloyality.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    wow, I think I like the chinese more than TVB b/c it makes more sense to me. In the tvb, the monk (deity in disguised?) just told him that his life as Wu Lang was supposed to end, therefore, he should be a monk and he accepted it. b/c he accept that so easily, I was disgusted b/c that seemed cruel to those who loves him.

by the way, I also like how the chinese version decided to erase Si Lang's memory b/c in tvb, Miu Kiu Wai's Si Lang fell for the liao princess, which I thought was disloyal and wrong. I like the convenience of the memory-loss and think it was effective to not make the audience hate Si Lang for his disloyality.

Do remeber the TVB was very short..... we can't have episodes dedicated to Wu Lang's transition to becoming a monk..:sigh2: The Yang saga was an anniversary series, yah?

I agree about 4th brother. MKW, as much as i like him as an actor and how he brought charisma to 4th brother, i didn't like how 4th brother was written in the YAng Saga.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

yes, I am aware that it's a short anniversary series, and it is one of my fav tvb 80's series as well. I guess my complaint was also linked w/ my desire for it to be longer and expanded more on each character's emotion comflicts (of course it's too late for that now). I guess I just don't like (felix's) wu lang's easy acceptance, is all. makes me think he doesn't care for this wife and family. I don't think he even made sure that this father and brothers are safe before he agreed to be a monk. that seems heartless to me.

aw so peter marries the liao princess and never returns to his family? he stays there living his life with all of his memory erased? gosh, how can anyone live without knowing their past? did the liao princess make up some story about his past or something to keep him with her?

aw so peter marries the liao princess and never returns to his family? he stays there living his life with all of his memory erased? gosh, how can anyone live without knowing their past? did the liao princess make up some story about his past or something to keep him with her?
    Yup, he never returned to his family & continued living his entire life without remembering anything from his past. I'm not sure how he managed to live without knowing his past maybe da princess told him some story which was not shown in dis series. So we'll hav to guess. Da princess used accupuncture to erase his memory. She did it only to save his life & personnaly i think she did not want to do it coz she knows he had a wife & all but she didn't hav much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    after watching this series up to episode 20 via youtube, I must say, I like this a lot. I can't decide who my fav brother is. I like 5th in the beginning, but now I like 4th a bit more, but 7th is just so adorable. So now I narrowed it down to either 4th or 7th. I don't like 6th very much cuz he doesn't seem to have enough brotherly bond and filial piety, like the others.

So far, I like the love stories, but I must say, I am not very fond of the girls. They are quite adorable looking all, but I don't like their personality too much. The 1-3 girls seemed identical in personality to me and had vague faces, so I can't tell who's who. The doctor girl has a quiet demeanor that annoyed me, and the fact that she reveal that 4th was 4th was disappointing (even though I was waiting for the moment that it would happen, I didn't like how it happened). 5th girl thus far I can't decide if she really liked 5th or the other guy. As for 6th, I kinda skipped over a lot of scenes w/ her, so I don't know. I have yet to see the bandit girl, but I hope she would shine more than the others (I did like the evil girl that 7th liked b4 though, the one that hypotized 7th; I admire her talent and loyal and I thought she was the prettiest-looking girl of the bunch thus far).
    After watching dis series I like 6th & 7th brother da most then followed by 4th & 5th brother. Maybe after watching towards da end u may change ur opinion on 6th brother

I agree with u da gals in dis series are ok except for amy who i think did quite a good job. Out of da young gals, i liked princess chai & 8th daughter. 8th daughter was really cute & adorable. I am still having trouble differentiating 1 & 2 girls, da 3rd one I can recognise. I hav da same problem as u on 5th girl, i couldn't figure out whether she liked 5th brother or ye lu xia. Even when she agreed to marry 5th brother i still wonder whether she actually liked ye lu xia mre. Da two girls for 7th brother is played by da same girl. She just played different character