Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Series:Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang starring Peter Ho, Hu Ge, Eddie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    and who does 7th bro marry. She looks like princess/ wealthy gal. In the scene whre all 7brothers went to war, how come she didnt bid 7th bro away?
    Brother 7 marries a bandit's daughter, so I guess that makes her a princess bandit. His family doesn't know that he's even married yet. The love birds bid goodbye at the bandit hideout earlier, so she didn't actually show up at the official send off.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Brother 7 marries a bandit's daughter, so I guess that makes her a princess bandit. His family doesn't know that he's even married yet. The love birds bid goodbye at the bandit hideout earlier, so she didn't actually show up at the official send off.

oh really.. she was dressed so elegantly.. wow... this was like the TVB version in 85.

anyways, my last question, Wu NIang seem to have some spunk I think i am liking her already.

oh i mean,4th brother's wife is a doctor......... but he later marries a liao princess?
    Last edited by Sugar; 10-14-06 at 01:22 PM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Default ****SPOILERS****

oh i mean,4th brother's wife is a doctor......... but he later marries a liao princess?
    Oh yeah, I just got to this part. He was poisoned, ended up in Liao, where a princess saved him. The queen forced the princess to make him lose his memory so he'd stay in Liao and marry the princess.

I HATE Pan Ren Mei! The guy's just a manipulative and coldblooded S.O.B. He was responsible for his own son's death and yet... There's just no saving grace when it comes to that guy. Contrast him with Yelu Xie, who trapped and slashed brother 7, but you could tell he felt kind of bad and had a conscience when all the arrows went piercing though brother 7's body. The emperor is frustrating the heck out of me too, but I came across this funny pic and comment in Li Jie's blog which cooled me down a bit:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://album.sina.com.cn/pic/48447b8e0200023t')

现代版宋太宗。。。
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-14-06 at 07:48 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

the first person that i hate is the stupid king...if he doesn't listen pan ren mei, he will not do a bad thing to the yang family, if i can, the king is the first one that i killed!
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Default *****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    the first person that i hate is the stupid king...if he doesn't listen pan ren mei, he will not do a bad thing to the yang family, if i can, the king is the first one that i killed!
    Yes, I was so angry when the emperor refused to dispatch backup to help Yang Ye, but to be fair, he was setup with the whole assassin situation. This emperor was actually less pompous than most since he actually admitted his wrongdoings, was willing to be punished for them, and tried to change. If Pan Ren Mei wasn't such a "bei bi xiao ren", he wouldn't have put the entire country at risk in order to rage against the Yang family or tried to get revenge for something that was his own fault! His death was waaaaaaaaaay too quick and easy; he deserved a more painfully drawn out way to perish.

I've finished this series. It's very enjoyable overall, with many emotional scenes toward the end. There was one part that was pretty unbelievable, though. It was when an already poisoned Cai Jun Zhu stabbed herself all the way through with brother 6's sword in order to obtain the antidote for the soldiers and then stabbed Pan Ying with the same sword (which logically should have further damaged her internal organs). She just looks on while brother 6 holds a dying Pan Ying (uh, hello, time's awastin' to save the girl you love?!?). Of course Cai Jun Zhu ends up fine in the end, but that's really a stretch.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

sigh... that Song Taizong doesn't seem like the Song Taizong I expected. The Alec Su version looks more alike. In Song Dynasty's period, I would say that Song Taizong is the 2nd best Song Emperor behind Song Taizu. However, overall speaking, Song's emperors were weaker than the Han (Wen, Jing, Wu, Yuan, Gwuan Wu, Ming, Zhang are all good ones), Tang (most noticeably Taizong, Xuanzhong), Ming (Yongle), Qing (Huang Taiji, Kangxi, Yongzheng, Qianlong).
    The only ones that Song are better than are probably Qin, Yuan, Sui. Yuan only had Khublai Khan as a good emperor. Sui only had Wendi.
    This is how Song Taizong is suppose to look like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Zhenzong.jpg
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I am nearly done with the first half of dis series. If I thought 5th brother was stiff, 4th brother is worst. His angry face makes him look not very natural. I know he's meant to be dat bcoz of all his pent up anger & etc towards his family. I rather see him smiling, he looks so much better than his sulking look. Actually he looks good when he smiles

Pan ren mei is so evil. I can imagine he'll be worst in da second half of dis series. I cannot stand him already. If it is possible i would like to pull him out of da tv & give him a good bashing I think by da time i see da second half, i would wish dat i had something to throw at him or worst just give da man da worst torture in da world. Just thinking bout him makes me so angry

Da king is also so irritating. Another person dat ought to be shot. Just cannot stand him!!!!!

Still there are a lot of nice moments in da first half. Especially da 7th brother, he is so funny. Fr wat i've read, da second half will be a lot of sad moments. Man i am dreading to watch da second half but still I can't wait to get to da end. Too bad my second half of da vcd has not arrived yet I wonder how long more I've to wait. Cannot wait anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    This is how Song Taizong is suppose to look like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Zhenzong.jpg
    Lol, emperors in series rarely look "the way they're suppose to" if you go by "historical" portraits.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I agree with Lady Zhuge that 4th brother's wife Dr. Luo does remind me of Liu Yi Fei. Liu Yi Fei is 10x better looking then her. Is just that her expression really reminds me of LYF. If u don't pay full attention, u may mistake her for LYF.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock
    I agree with Lady Zhuge that 4th brother's wife Dr. Luo does remind me of Liu Yi Fei. Liu Yi Fei is 10x better looking then her. Is just that her expression really reminds me of LYF. If u don't pay full attention, u may mistake her for LYF.
    I dont think LYF is really prettier than her. Both of them are just as pretty. It's just that LYF's looks are more commonly accepted today, and nowadays, such actresses, like LYF, Cecilia Cheung, Twinz, Zhang Ziyi, are starting to look really synthetic, and they all even start to look alike as to appeal to the general idea of what beauty is.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I dont think LYF is really prettier than her. Both of them are just as pretty. It's just that LYF's looks are more commonly accepted today, and nowadays, such actresses, like LYF, Cecilia Cheung, Twinz, Zhang Ziyi, are starting to look really synthetic, and they all even start to look alike as to appeal to the general idea of what beauty is.
    LYF has better teeth than her, but I agree, I don't think LYF is necessarily prettier. Her acting leaves alot to be desired, though; I hope it improves in the upcoming LOCH.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Liu Yi Fei looks better, but come on, 10 X better? express your worship at her thread.

havent watch this one yet...how does this one compare to the alec su series?

Ok i agree with u. I did over exaggerate on her LYF looks

To me dis series is uncomparable to alec su's version & it's so much better in all aspect. I like da fighting scenes a lot more here & of course da casts here are much better Watch it & tell me wat u think.

Ok i agree with u. I did over exaggerate on her LYF looks

To me dis series is uncomparable to alec su's version & it's so much better in all aspect. I like da fighting scenes a lot more here & of course da casts here are much better Watch it & tell me wat u think.
    for me, this version and alec verison is uncomparable because the plot is different!
    umm, i had question, does eddie have Canadian citozenship????

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Lol, emperors in series rarely look "the way they're suppose to" if you go by "historical" portraits.
    but at least it seems to suggest relatively how fat or how good looking the emperors are. And based on that potrait, Song Taizong doesn't look skinny like he is in this adaptation.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    for me, this version and alec verison is uncomparable because the plot is different!
    umm, i had question, does eddie have Canadian citozenship????
    I did not know he was from Cananda? I heard dat he was not fr China or Taiwan so i guess he was one of those actors dat came fr abroad. He should hav a Canadian citizenship right? I mean if he has been staying there all these years he cannot be a citizen of another country. Can he?

DOes anyone know the story behind the 5th wife? How come she is affiliate with a liao?

DOes anyone know the story behind the 5th wife? How come she is affiliate with a liao?
    She's the best sword maker in town. Toward the beginning of the serial, Yelu Xie used her as part of a scheme to kidnap Ba Mei and eventually fell in love with her because of her straightforwardness and honesty. He tried to woo her throughout show, but she preferred brother 5.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I did not know he was from Cananda? I heard dat he was not fr China or Taiwan so i guess he was one of those actors dat came fr abroad. He should hav a Canadian citizenship right? I mean if he has been staying there all these years he cannot be a citizen of another country. Can he?
    he and his family immigrated to canada, so i think that maybe he has@!