Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gong Li

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    Well Linda, you can watch it next week since the DVD is scheduled to come out next Tuesday.

My Bad, the DVD is not out next Tuesday but the following Tuesday March 28, 2006.

I think she made a good Hatsumono... in the novel, i disliked Hatsumono.. but in the movie, i kind of liked Hatsumono somehow.. I think Gong Li did a good job. Personally, she took the light from Zhang Zi Yi. Why doesn't hollywood promote Gong Li more? I can't believe she came after Zhang Zi Yi for best bodies in Hollywood. Gong li is moe volumptous and has assets.. Zhang Zi Yi is just some skinny chic
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I think she made a good Hatsumono... in the novel, i disliked Hatsumono.. but in the movie, i kind of liked Hatsumono somehow.. I think Gong Li did a good job. Personally, she took the light from Zhang Zi Yi. Why doesn't hollywood promote Gong Li more? I can't believe she came after Zhang Zi Yi for best bodies in Hollywood. Gong li is moe volumptous and has assets.. Zhang Zi Yi is just some skinny chic

LOL...the people who voted for that poll were probably a bunch of young horned up teenage boys. Zhang ZiYi would probably appeal more to the younger generation. Gong Li does have many opportunities for a lot of exposure in Hollywood, but she preferred to stay hidden. She's relatively famous at Film Festivals such as Cannes. She's often one of the judges there.

gong li just sign up with a management agencie in america...and her two new films will be out this year, Miami Vice and Young Hannibal, u can expect more when the come out.

the dvd release for MOAG is released in America on the 28th, but not in australia...we get it like two months later and usually don't get the same extras.

zzy has the body of 'now day's' taste. most actress are really thin and have no 'assets' now...Kiera Knightly for one. so i wasn't expecting Gong Li to be anywhere on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    LOL...the people who voted for that poll were probably a bunch of young horned up teenage boys. Zhang ZiYi would probably appeal more to the younger generation. Gong Li does have many opportunities for a lot of exposure in Hollywood, but she preferred to stay hidden. She's relatively famous at Film Festivals such as Cannes. She's often one of the judges there.
    gong li did say so herself that she rather be on the sidelines watching then be in the center of attention.

she's the youngest judge in the history of the Cannes award. she's also on alot of film boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    gong li just sign up with a management agencie in america...and her two new films will be out this year, Miami Vice and Young Hannibal, u can expect more when the come out.

Young Hannibal? This wouldn't be another story about the notorious Hannibal Lecter now would it? If it is, she's probably gonna' get eaten.

it is about Hannibal Lecture...its about when he was young...she's kind of like a mother figure to him...also platonic interest...i'm guessing she dies in the end...either by his hand or another crazy dude...she supposedly had some influence over him that made him turn out the way he did as the adult Hannibal.

ooo.. sounds interesting.. this i might have to see.

but Gong Li, actually she was ranked pretty high the in the hollywood list for best bodies 32/101, beating justin timberlake, jenny mccarthy, tyra banks, Demi Moore, Carmen Elctra, PAm Anderson.

but Zhang Zi yi got 17, what the hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    ooo.. sounds interesting.. this i might have to see.

but Gong Li, actually she was ranked pretty high the in the hollywood list for best bodies 32/101, beating justin timberlake, jenny mccarthy, tyra banks, Demi Moore, Carmen Elctra, PAm Anderson.

but Zhang Zi yi got 17, what the hell...

She beat them all probably because she's all natural. Sugar, which magazine was this list in?

In People's magazine, she was once named 50's most beautiful woman.

and for the body, i was watching E networks, with those 101 countdowns. She got best body 32/101

Zhang ZiYi looks good in this photo. Plain and simple, but pretty hot.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cache.viewimages.com/comp/50857429.jpg?x=x&dasite=ViewImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq =9B0238C52E2B0CC7F0ED7AE9C8B3D6F8F58308206F1954C6')

And here's Ziyi with Gong Li. Lucky Tony, eh?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-05/21/xin_220501210839312283015.jpg')

who cares who's listed higher then who...just as long as we have asians on the list.

tat should tell ppl who quote beauty as being 'european', i don't believe some ppl actually believe that u can only be beautiful if u look european. like us asian's are all ugly ducklings.

Actually I think asians have our own unique beauty, we don't have to look like some god damnz white & be pretty, that's not true ...... Ím proud to be an asian
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

We also got Michelle Yeoh on the lists too. I just don't see how Zhang Zi Yi's body is up at 17. I bet if this was 20 years ago, she wouldn't even make the list with that anerixic body of hers.
    But u know, even if asians are on those lists, asian actors/actresses are so typecasted.. Most of the asian stars are typecasted in those kungfu or action movies, annoys the hell out of me.

But i was happy to know Ken Wantanabe was nominated for the Oscars.. and happy to know Gong li will be in Young Hannibal

Yeah, quite funny. People in asia look at beauty as having white skin wihle westerners thinkg a nice tan is healthy. Also, in asia, you are conssidered pretty if u have those round double eyelids and tall noses.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    who cares who's listed higher then who...just as long as we have asians on the list.

tat should tell ppl who quote beauty as being 'european', i don't believe some ppl actually believe that u can only be beautiful if u look european. like us asian's are all ugly ducklings.

Couldn't have said it better. It's really tragic when fellow asians think that our peopole are not beautiful or "as beautiful" just because we don't have those european features.

yeah...i remembering argueing with someone about it here on spcnet...forgot who.

i think true asian beauties shouldn't have european looks...i mean eropeans do have some great features...their nose for instand...but asians have their 'heart lips' and 'pheonix eyes'...i didn't say pigeon cos alot of pan asia has pigeon eyes too.

really depends on the face structure as a whole...imagine a face that puts together all the 'beautiful' features of the different countrys...would the outcome be drop dead gorgeous?

I'm here to help with this thread...I'm now a certified fan of Gong Li after I've seen Memoirs of a Geisha...I kinda think that hollywood sort of snubbed her when she wasn't even considered for the supporting actress award. She's very beautiful and her beauty kinda reminds me a little of Shui Ling.....I just loved her acting in Memoirs especially the way she talks when she's mocking Sayuri....
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Random pics of Gong Li
    sorry Linda or anyone here ...if I've re-posted ur pics again.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/57.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/56.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/55.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/98.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/96.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/97.jpg')

oh feel free to post any pics u have...i don't post that many pics...i'm trying to post screencaps...but i've got two reports to write before this friday...i'm dying!!!

i heard gong li was suppose to be a presenter at the oscars but she was busy with looping for Miami Vice so she refused. she's very dedicated to her work.