Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer

lets wait for the translations!
    Last edited by youngpadawan; 08-24-06 at 10:19 AM.

youngpadawan, just edit your last 2 post and don't say who learnt what skill. Even though they're adaptation, they're still based from the novel. Can be true or not, but they can still be called as spoilers.
    Last edited by pokit; 08-24-06 at 07:49 AM.

Yeah, guys please use some sort of a spoiler text if your thoughts are based on either our previous reading or TV show. It is such a let down to accidentally stumble to a spoiler. Let us decide whether we want to read it or not.

And returning to the story, how good JY describes the fights and how well the reader can identify with the hero? I myself was thinking about how I don't want either guy to lose since one's reason is just and the other is a wise and benevolent hero who is kind.

I too with LHC joins in the fight soon.

I wonder at this point, what percentage of DG9J's full essence LHC understands.

I'm sure at this point he would be a match for someone around that Yu dwarf's level or something.

We really can't say LHC is at the level of Wudang's headmaster just because he found the flaw, because that taoist wasn't really trying to kill him, he was just testing LHC. In a real battle, I am sure that taoist would not have given LHC time to figure out the flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
    I wonder if Fangzheng can keep doubling his palms and go:
    2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 palms if he has time to do so?
    Sounds crazy but then the 72 Consummate Skills of Shaolin are supposed to all be top-notch skills.

Its either a 'loss in translation' or there has to be a limit. Most likely JY was trying to be fanciful here as he does in much of his works.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    We really can't say LHC is at the level of Wudang's headmaster just because he found the flaw, because that taoist wasn't really trying to kill him, he was just testing LHC. In a real battle, I am sure that taoist would not have given LHC time to figure out the flaw.
    But then once a weakness has been discovered, wouldn't you say that even in a real battle situation, CX would now have to be wary of LHC as LHC now knows exactly where to strike?

Mysterious X and CFT, now that possible spoiler has been removed by youngpadawan, would you mind removing the quote from your posts too. Many thanks!
    Last edited by hhaung; 08-24-06 at 10:38 AM.

LHC pretty much memorized the theory from Feng QingYang. So, theoretically he's the best.

What he lacks is the power and the speed (which should be a big deal).

Surprisingly he managed pretty well even without them - which says a lot about the advantage of Huashan's Qin (sword) faction.

i think what he really lacks is experience, afterall he's only learnt the dugu 9 swords not long ago and have yet to really grasp it fully

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    I wonder at this point, what percentage of DG9J's full essence LHC understands.

I'm sure at this point he would be a match for someone around that Yu dwarf's level or something.

I'd say that the fight was pretty serious on both sides actually. Before CX switched up tactics, LHC was winning. When CX switched styles, it was one that was style and inexorable. LHC couldn't deal with it but by moving back, he couldn't have been defeated quickly either. When he risked attacking the potential weakpoint, he would've won had they gone further since breaking the first weakpoint was the cascade for breaking the rest of CX's sword art (according to CX's own understanding).

She was leaning on a pillar looking very delicate and fragile. Her eyebrows were slightly wrinkled looking really worried. Suddenly, a feeling of pity flourished in Linghu Chong's heart. "How can I let her be held captive for ten years here? How can she pass through this kind of torment?" At this thought, he remembered how Yingying was willing to give her life up to save his life. Throughout his whole life, he had had many generous martial friends, but not one of them would go so far as to give their lives for him. A hot feeling started to rush forth in his chest. He did not care anymore if Yingying was the daughter of the Devil Sect's Chief or if the evil things she had done were unpardonable. He was resigned to the fact that everyone in the world would want to kill him as he decided that he was going to protect her and not let any harm come to her.

The eleven pairs of eyes in the hall were watching the fight between Great Master Fangzheng and Ren Woxing attentively. They were praising the palm moves of both fighters in their hearts. Zuo Lengchan was relieved, "Luckily this old freak Ren picked the fight with Great Master Fangzheng. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to handle this clumsy palm move of his. Compared to my own school's Great Songyang Divine Palm, his palm move seems to be more complicated and have more changes. His palm move is better than mine. He only attacks at a specific point and nothing else."

Xiang Wentian was thinking, "Shaolin School's martial arts have enjoyed their reputation for a thousand year. They are really no small matter. Even though Great Master Fangzheng's 'Thousand Hands of Rulai' is very complicated, its power isn't dispersed at all. This is very difficult to do. If I have to fight him, I won't be able to trade palm moves with him so I have to compare inner power with him." Yue Buqun, Yu Canghai, and the rest of the people there were also comparing their own martial arts against these two people's palm moves.

Ren Woxing had now fought for a long time. He gradually felt that Great Master Fangzheng's palm moves were getting slightly slower. He secretly felt happy. "Even though your palm move is wonderful, you're old already. It's hard to keep it up for a long time." He immediately attacked repeatedly. After his fourth strike, he felt a slight tingling on his right arm as he pulled his palm back and he felt his internal energy not working smoothly. He felt alarmed and knew that it was his own inner energy that was disturbed. He thought, "This old monk's Tendon Altering Sutra is indeed powerful. We haven't clashed palms yet but he can restrain my internal energy." He knew that if they fight longer, his opponent's abundant internal energy would eventually come out and he would be in an unfavourable position.

He saw Great Master Fangzheng's left palm struck out. With a cry, he also sent his left palm out rapidly. The two palms clashed and they both retreated a step. Ren Woxing felt that even though his opponent's internal energy was soft, it was abundant and matchless. He also used his "Art of Essence Absorbing" but unexpectedly he could not absorb Great Master Fangzheng's internal energy at all. He was confounded.

Great Master Fangzheng said, "Well done! Well done!" and followed with his right palm striking out. Ren Woxing again struck his right palm out to meet it. Both people faltered from the impact. Ren Woxing felt his whole body shaken and immediately took two steps backwards. When his second step landed, he turned his body around and his right hand shot out and grabbed Yu Canghai's chest. Then, he raised his left hand to smash it down on Yu Canghai's head.

This situation was just like a rabbit being captured by a falcon and nobody had expected this turn of event. They all had their eyes on the fight between Ren Woxing and Great Master Fangzheng and saw that the situation was gradually becoming disadvantageous towards Ren Woxing. Normally, he would put all his power into protecting himself. But who would have thought that he would turn around and attack Yu Canghai. This turn of event was just too strange and too quick for Yu Canghai even though he was a martial artist of the same generation. If he were to actually fight with Ren Woxing, even though he would lose at the end, he would not have been captured in just one move.

Everyone gasped in surprise while Great Master Fangzheng leapt and struck his two palms out. It was as if he was flying as he rushed at Ren Woxing aiming at the back of his head. This move was known in martial study as 'attacking the enemy's rear in order to make him give up his own attack' and the enemy would have no choice but to rescue himself. The aim of this attack was to make Ren Woxing withdraw his own attack towards Yu Canghai's head and turn around to block the incoming attack.

The other masters saw how Great Master Fangzheng shot this palm out in the blink of an eye and they were all impressed by this. But there was not enough time to cheer although they knew that he had saved Yu Canghai's life. But no one could have guessed that when Ren Woxing withdrew his left hand, he did not try to block the strike. Instead, his left hand grabbed Great Master Fangzheng's Tanzhong acupoint while his right hand was thrust towards the chest. Great Master Fangzheng's body became immediately weak and dropped to the ground. Everyone was surprised and one by one called out as they crowded around him.

Zuo Lengchan suddenly flew out and violently shot his palm out towards Ren Woxing's back. Ren Woxing turned his hand around to strike back. He shouted at the same time, "Alright, this is the second fight." Zuo Lengchan's hand suddenly kept on changing. It changed from a fist into a palm into a stab into a grab. In a short time, it had changed more than ten times.

Even though he was repeatedly attacked, Ren Woxing was able to resist for a moment by exerting his power. He had just fought with Great Master Fangzheng. Even though the last three moves he used against the Abbot were mostly based on his ingenuity and cunning, he had still used up a lot of energy. Otherwise, how can this Shaolin School's headmaster with abundant internal energy let him grab his Tanzhong acupoint? How could he let him hit his heart with his fingers? These last few moves were done with all of his strength, as he was staking everything on this attack. As a result, Ren Woxing was victorious against Great Master Fangzheng through dishonest means. He took into account his opponent's merciful heart and immediately dashed to Yu Canghai to kill him. Firstly, the distance between that Yu person and Great Master Fangzheng was great that Great Master would not have been able to help Yu Canghai in time. Secondly, none of the other school leaders had any deep feeling towards Yu Canghai that they would brave danger and stake their lives just to save him. So the only person who would try to save Yu Canghai was Great Master Fangzheng.

When the Shaolin Abbot attacked him to free Yu Canghai, he did not try to block or parry Great Master Fangzheng's strike but seized his fatal acupoint instead. At that time, his plan reached its most dangerous point. The two palms of Great Master Fangzheng that were aiming at the back of his head did not need to actually reach his head to kill him. The wind from the palms was fully capable of bursting his skull open.

When he grabbed Yu Canghai, he had already staked his own life in this gamble. He gambled on this eminent Buddhist monk's merciful heart. When Great Master Fangzheng's two palms were about to reach the back of Ren Woxing's head, the Abbot took his palms back which left half of his body wide open. In order to take back the two palms, Great Master Fangzheng had to use the power from his whole body to do so. Even though this was done by a master, the internal energy in between the chest and stomach region was still left empty. When Ren Woxing's grab and stab had reached Great Master Fangzheng, Fangzheng had actually wanted to transfer his power into his two palms and smash Ren Woxing's head open, but the internal energy in his Dantian region was unable to go up.

Priest Chongxu hastily supported Great Master Fangzheng and opened his sealed acupoint. He sighed, "Brother Abbot is too humane and was taken advantage of by an evildoer."

"Amituofo. Shi zhu Ren's mind is very keen and he used wits instead of brawn. Old man has lost," Fangzheng said.

Yue Buqun said loudly, "Mr. Ren's conduct is traitorous and deceitful. Your win is not from upright and frank method. This is not the behaviour of an upright gentleman."

Xiang Wentian laughed. "In my Divine Sun Moon Sect, how can there be any upright gentleman? If Chief Ren is an upright gentleman, he would've followed your bad example from a long time ago. Do you think we would be having this competition now if he did?"

Yue Buqun was lost for words.
    Last edited by pokit; 08-24-06 at 09:27 PM.

Great, Pokit! Keep it coming!

Fangzheng lost?! Hope it won't end up with everyone else against Ren Woxing, Xiang Wentian, Ying Ying and LHC.

Seems like Ren Woxing trapping Fangzheng by tricking everyone that he wanna strike Yu Changhai? I don't understand that part. Why he wanna grab Yu Changhai?

It was strategy on Ren Woxing's part- he grabbed Yu Canghai so that Fangzheng would get distracted and put part of his mind onto also defending Yu Canghai- I think he got careless in this case. I'm not sure whether I'd consider this trickery or simply just good strategy. I was so excited when i was reading this- thanks so much pokit!! :-D

Uh-oh, I hate this guy Zuo Lengchan; I'm guessing that Zuo Lengchan's going to use some evil method to defeat Ren Woxing so that LHC will have to come to the rescue and kick some butt. anyways i hope that's how it is

That was AWESOME THANKS pokit

I really admire GMF's skills but his attitude( so kind ) is just too much he shouldn't have tried to help Yu Cangchai i wouldn't

It's getting more more exciting every minute Thanks guy and gals..

Love ya

I've added some translation to the above post. That's to make it clear what RWX and Fangzheng was thinking when all that was happening.

haha i'm so addicted to this story- thanks for the update again pokit!!!

Oh man...I wonder what Xiang Wentian is talking about when he mentions "Yue Buqun's bad example"

bad example of being a hypocrite. They all believed that he's a hypocrite. Even people in the orthodox schools mock him of being a hypocrite.

really? I kinda had the impression that he was a hypocrite when he refused to help the Hengshan nuns, but that was it. Have people in the novel specified why they think he's a hypocrite? I think at this point in the story the reader can't yet conclude he's a hypocrite.

I'm not really talking about what he's done to be a hypocrite. But it seemed that there is this joke in Wulin of calling him a hypocrite. When Yihe said that YBQ was a hypocrite, it seemed like ppl have been saying this behind his back for so long because it was also mentioned that people from Huashan School really disliked people saying the word hypocrite to their faces.

Then RWX also mentioned that YBQ is a hypocrite when YBQ asked where Feng Qingyang was. So I'm guessing XWT was using this running joke to piss him off.

hehe yea that makes sense...thanks for the explanation pokit