Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I always felt that LHC's behaviour to YBQ was very reasonable. He would have been an ungrateful cur if he had easily turned on YBQ.

In real life, you don't hurt your own father even if he treated you unfairly.

Remember that YBQ and wife treated him like a son for most of his life.
    Exactly. Pity many people keep calling LHC a softie for succumbing to his master most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    After all the things that had happen, this sentence make me want to throw up in disgust. LHC is just a stupid and wasted guy
    "How about little martial sister? Little martial sister? Could it be that I'll forget little martial sister?"
    When someone loves only a girl since his childhood till his mature years, it's too hard for him to forget his first love.

I wouldn't blame Ling Hu Chong for not being able 2 fully forget LingShan.

I just feel sorry for Ying Ying. Why does a wonderful girl as her love Ling Hu Chong? Not only he's not a handsome man, but also he's a drunken man. I think he's not deserved Ying Ying.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-09-06 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    When someone loves only a girl since his childhood till his mature years, it's too hard for him to forget his first love.

I wouldn't blame Ling Hu Chong for not being able 2 fully forget LingShan.

I just feel sorry for Ying Ying. Why does a wonderful girl as her love Ling Hu Chong? Not only he's not a handsome man, but also he's a drunken man. I think he's not deserved Ying Ying.
    Well it's hard to decide whether one deserves someone. RYY and Yi Lin were both described as girls with exceptional beauty while YLS was only pictured as a cute and beatiful girl. The fact that LHC remains faithful to YLS itself is a plus. LHC does have his strong points.

To begin with, he loves wine but he is not a drunkard.

I think RYY falls for LHC's unrestrained spirit, his passion and courage. XAJH's world is full of prejudice and ambition yet in LHC, she finds someone who could see beyond these.

After all the things that had happen, this sentence make me want to throw up in disgust. LHC is just a stupid and wasted guy
    hmm... stupid and wasted for being unable to forget his first unrequited love? it's not like he met YLS through online dating you know...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by s4life
    hmm... stupid and wasted for being unable to forget his first unrequited love? it's not like he met YLS through online dating you know...
    As a guy you should know when to let go and should know when you're not being love anymore, know to look in the future and realise who's the person that deserve your affection more. Well unless if you're a stalker who just doesn't know to let go, this what make me want to puke .

The only casualty in this case is the poor RYY. What a pity, LHC only act to have being in love with her, when the actual thing is just to pay a "lives debt". Stupid LHC.

Quote Originally Posted by shini_chan
    Well it's hard to decide whether one deserves someone. RYY and Yi Lin were both described as girls with exceptional beauty while YLS was only pictured as a cute and beatiful girl. The fact that LHC remains faithful to YLS itself is a plus. LHC does have his strong points.
    Your sentence in the bold type is WRONG.
    Yi Lin is as beautiful as Yue Ling Shan.
    But Ren Ying Ying is the most beautiful girl.
    You can find the proofs of this in chapter 17 and chapter 7 or 8 of SPWanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by shini_chan
    To begin with, he loves wine but he is not a drunkard.

I think RYY falls for LHC's unrestrained spirit, his passion and courage. XAJH's world is full of prejudice and ambition yet in LHC, she finds someone who could see beyond these.
    Yeah, I'm wrong, LHChong is not a drunkard. He simply loves wine.
    But I still don't understand why Ying Ying loves him.
    When they first met in Green Bamboo Alley in LuoYang city, LHChong was a half-dead-half-alive man. I don't think a proud young beautiful girl like Ying Ying could fall in love with a ragged, thin and weak man like LHChong at that time.

I think she loves him because he don't care if she is the daugther of RWX. he respect her, not her position in the sect. and he didn't condamn her for her "evil ways"
    of course first he didn't know who she was, but his point of view didn't change after learning
    he is the only man alive, except maybe her father, considering her a woman and not an ennemy or a "goddess"

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Yeah, I'm wrong, LHChong is not a drunkard. He simply loves wine.
    But I still don't understand why Ying Ying loves him.
    When they first met in Green Bamboo Alley in LuoYang city, LHChong was a half-dead-half-alive man. I don't think a proud young beautiful girl like Ying Ying could fall in love with a ragged, thin and weak man like LHChong at that time.
    At Bamboo Alley, LHC was at his most sensitive after he had listened to the beautiful music and was remembering the two musicians (Lu and Qu).

When the two old people (we know of course now that only one was old as the other was Ying Ying) showed kindness and concern, he pretty much was able to share his honest feelings for the first time about many things including his love for YLS.

I think that LHC outwardly appears nonchalant, arrogant and cavalier etc even when he's at his weakest and most ragged. It would make more of an impression on a woman, perhaps someone who shares the same trait, that underneath this bravado, there is a very affectionate, loving and caring person. Plus, even with his death staring at him and his support system falling apart (Monkey six dead, YLS not loving him, foster parents suspecting him), he maintained an optimistist attitude. That shows how strong his character is. A perceptive woman would appreciate that.

Again, in relating the story of Qu and Lu, LHC would have to say something about how he came to be injured because he was trying to rescue Yilin. Even if he downplayed his part, for a perceptive woman like Ying Ying, it would be easy to see how protective and helpful LHC can be.

And to Ying Ying, his strong affection for YLS was understandable. In fact, to her, it speaks well of LHC as it shows how loyal and constant LHC is in love. Ying Ying at that point would hope that perhaps, just perhaps, he might transfer just such ardent love to her in the future.

And of course, I agree with meujeudom, that later, RYY really appreciate how LHC treats her as a woman (not goddess or witch) and not care that she's from the Devil sect.

The reason she loves him is because he changed her perception of love she tells him that it was his own love for YLS that moved her.

Linghu Chong replied in a serious manner, "How can I dare to regard you as a lascivious girl? You're an old granny of good moral standing and reputation, you didn't even allow me to turn my head around to look at you."

Yingying laughed and remembered the first time she met Linghu Chong. At that time, he kept calling her 'granny', and was being very respectful towards her. She couldn't help smiling and her dimples showed. She then sat down around three to four feet away from Linghu Chong. Linghu Chong laughed and said, "You're not allowing me to be frivolous. From now on, I'll just keep calling you granny."

Yingying giggled. "Alright. Good grandson."

"Granny, my heart has..."

"You can't call me granny! Wait for sixty years before calling me that."

"If I could start calling you 'granny' from now till sixty years later, then my life wouldn't have been in vain."

Yingying felt touched and thought, "If I could really accompany him for sixty years, that would be as good as having ascended to heaven and becoming an immortal."

Linghu Chong gazed at her profile. Her nose was slightly pointed, her long eyelashes were hanging down, her appearance was delicate and tender, and her complexion was warm and soft. He thought, "Such a beautiful lady, why do those thousands of cruel and wild heroes from Jianghu respect and fear her, and they're also willing to go through fire and water for her?" He wanted to ask, but he felt that talking about this sort of things at this time would dampen their spirits, so he stopped himself from asking.

"Whatever you want to say, just say it," Yingying said.

"From the beginning, I felt there's something odd. How come Old Man, Zu Qianqiu, and the rest of them fear you so much."

Yingying charmingly laughed. "I know that if you don't understand this matter well, then you will always feel uneasy. I'm afraid in your heart, you've always regarded me as a monster."

"No, no, I regard you as a vastly knowledgeable Immortal."

Yingying smiled. "You can't say three words without speaking nonsense. In fact your type of person, you might not necessarily be frivolous and mannerless, but you merely love to talk sweetly. That's why other people said that you're a dissolute person."

"When I call you granny, do you think I was just talking sweetly?"

"Call me granny for the rest of your life then."

"I want to call you for the rest of my life, but it's not to call you granny."

Yingying's face turned bright red, and she felt sweetness swelled in her heart. She whispered, "I hope these words you just said aren’t just sweet talk."

"You're afraid that I was just talking sweetly. For the rest of my life, when you cook meals for me, you don’t have to put oil in them then."

(Translator's note: A Chinese idiom which literally has the meaning 'Oil Mouth Slippery Tongue' means 'Sweet talk without being sincere'. The joke on the oil is connected to this.)

Yingying smiled and said, "I can't cook; I even burnt the frogs I was roasting."

Linghu Chong remembered those days when the two of them were roasting frogs in a wild field besides a creek. He felt at this very moment that the feeling of that time had returned. His heart was filled with tender affection.

Yingying said quietly, "If you're not afraid of my burnt meals, then I'll cook for you for the rest of your life."

"Why not? If you cook for me, then I'll eat three big bowls of burnt meals everyday."

Yingying softly said, "You love to joke around to your heart's content. Actually, you speak teasingly to make me happy, and I feel very happy hearing them." Their eyes met, and for a long time, they just looked at each other without speaking. After some time, Yingying slowly said, "You already know that my daddy was originally the chief of the Divine Sun Moon Sect. Later, uncle Dongfang... ... no, Dongfang Bubai. I keep calling him uncle, I'm too used to it. He used deceit and imprisoned daddy, and fooled everyone else. He said that daddy had died somewhere and had assigned him to be Chief when that happened. At that time, I was still small, while Dongfang Bubai was very cunning and his plan didn't have any flaw, so I also didn't have any suspicion. After Dongfang Bubai managed to deceive everyone, he treated me unusually and was being very polite and gave me a lot of favour. No matter what I said, he never rejected it. That's why when I was in the sect, I was in a very honoured position."

"Those Jianghu's heroes, they're all subordinates of the Divine Sun Moon Sect?"

"They can't be regarded as members of the sect, but they've always been under my sect's subordination. Most of their leaders have taken my sect's 'Divine Three Corpse Brain Pill'."

Nice Translation Hhuang and pokit

Keep it up

Thanks alot appreciate your work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by viesef
    Nice Translation Hhuang and pokit

Keep it up

Thanks alot appreciate your work!!!
    Thanks Visef. I wish to point out though that it's Pokit who really deserves all our appreciation more so than me.

I am but an editor who strives to make sure the text is free of grammatical errors (even my eyes may fail me at times) and sometimes makes sentences flow a trifle better and more cohesive.

Pokit does the arduous work of translating and for that I am as grateful as everyone.

Thanks to everyone for appreciating our work!

well I personaly think that, without an editor/corrector, the translation will be a level below (no offence Pokit, it's just more difficult to find your own gramaticals mistakes than other's). so you also deserve thanks.

Wink

Thanks very much, Meujeudom!

On another note, I'm afraid I am holding up Pokit slightly as I've been quite slow with the editing. I'm editing chapter 29 right now and only finished half. But i hope to finish with it in a day or two as I will have some free time this week. Pokit is ahead of me (which is really great!) and there's a lot to catch up. :-) It's so exciting as we are almost done with Book 3!

As a guy you should know when to let go and should know when you're not being love anymore, know to look in the future and realise who's the person that deserve your affection more. Well unless if you're a stalker who just doesn't know to let go, this what make me want to puke .

The only casualty in this case is the poor RYY. What a pity, LHC only act to have being in love with her, when the actual thing is just to pay a "lives debt". Stupid LHC.
    As an observer, it's easy to see when it is time to let go, but when you are the one experiencing it, it's hard to detect when to let go. Everybody, when seeing a movie, drama or reading a story knows which is the best decision/solution that the characters should take, because we see bigger picture as an observer. But, still in real life, when you experiencing it, it's a different story.

While some may feel LHC stupid for still thinking of his master and YLS, I personally give to Jin Yong for being able to portray LHC as in reality as possible.

Thank you so much pokit and hhaung!

I just love romantic scenes

Quote Originally Posted by hhaung
    Thanks very much, Meujeudom!

On another note, I'm afraid I am holding up Pokit slightly as I've been quite slow with the editing. I'm editing chapter 29 right now and only finished half. But i hope to finish with it in a day or two as I will have some free time this week. Pokit is ahead of me (which is really great!) and there's a lot to catch up. :-) It's so exciting as we are almost done with Book 3!
    Hhaung,

If you really did finish editing chapter 28, why not post all of it already???

I can't wait!

Because then you'd have to wait a long time until the next post.

As much as I like romantic scenes, when they are put into text, most of them sound corny lol.

@MysteriouX: Really? You really think so? I think they look great both written and when (properly) enacted, but fail miserably if you try them in Real Life.