Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

lol...ugh watching these things on computer screens is a real killer...your eyes start to hurt after a while

i watched all of ROCH 2006 on the computer...and i think my vision got worse lol

Default what happen next to LHC?

will you guys continue the translations?

Default Appended a tiny bit more to the previous post...

It's really tedious to translate line by line using a dictionary! So, please forgive me for long waits between posting.

No Worries Hhuang. We really appreciate all of your work, and you've been doing a really great job. I looked at what you have to work with, and it really isn't easy.
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by hhaung
    It's really tedious to translate line by line using a dictionary! So, please forgive me for long waits between posting.
    i think all the readers appreciate the effort put in by all the translators...these translations are no easy tasks (i tried to read some of these novels online)

keep up the good work!

Thumbs up

Wow, did not know you were translating like this. I really respect your slow but steady approach.

Thanks Dokawa and Demonic Swordsman for your encouragements!

Added two more paragraphs on page 3 post. I should really start a new long post with the next one.

thanks for the awesome translation!!

oh man...if mr. black-white can get in, that means LHC can get out!!! :-D

good job at always stopping at a cliffhanger >

Thanks hhaung and IcyFox for the update... I sort of know what kind of effort goes into these translations.. you guys are awesome!

Default thanks..

Thanks Dokawa and Demonic Swordsman for your encouragements!

Added two more paragraphs on page 3 post. I should really start a new long post with the next one.
    Thanks for the translations. sorry for my impatience..

i think everyone gets those times where they just want to find out what happens next...

it happens to the best of us

Smile

True! Don't feel bad Rian97. At least you prompted me to get back to my translation! I've been busy and lazy at the same time.

Continued from http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...1&postcount=48
    --------------------------

This really was a big shock for Linghu Chong beyond all his expectations. He scolded himself severely for being so stupid. The square hole is 1/3 of a meter and wide enough to put a head through. As long as the head can go through, so can the body. If Mr. Black-White can be pulled in, how couldn't he able to get out? It would have been impossible for him to escape from prison previously when his hands and legs were shackled in steel chains. However, some time ago, someone had secretly sawed through the steel chains which enabled him to free himself from them and now he would be able to escape. He ponders, "Mr. Paint must have secretly helped me by sawing the steel chains. He might have been hoping that I would make my escape by following the old man who delivered me food daily. He must have been extremely anxious waiting for my escape.

When Linghu Chong found the steel chains were sawed through, he had been practicing the skills on the iron panel but had not yet learned them by heart nor had achieved a measure of success. With both his mind and body focused on practising, he didn't feel the need to escape and therefore did not think of running away. As he hesitated to make a decision, an idea came to him. He hurriedly removed Mr. Black-White's clothes and changed into them. Then he put on Mr. Black-White's cap and thought to himself, "When I get out of here, if other people see me, they will say I am Mr. Black-White".

Afterwards, with Mr. Black-White's long sword hanging by his waist, his sprit was greatly lifted. He shackled Mr. Black-White's hand and foot with the steel handcuffs and used his strength to pinch the rings shut together so that the rings fit so tightly that they sink into the flesh. Mr. Black-White groaned as he was awakened by the pain. Linghu Chong smiled and said "We, brothers, are both cunningly pulled into this place! At least now, the accounts are settled and it is your turn, old man, to be delivered food and water."

Mr. Black-White moaned “Ren…. Old Genetleman Ren…you…you used the Art of Essence Absorbing”. Linghu Chong remembered that when he was fighting along side Xian Wentian, some people from the group of opponents called out “Evil Art of Essence Absorbing”. Now, hearing the name again from Mr. Black-White, he couldn’t resist but ask “What is the Art of Essence Absorbing?” Mr. Black-White answered “I… I…deserve…deserve… to die”.

Linghu Chong withdrew from Mr. Black-White’s side deciding not to stay and listen to his reasons or explanations. First. he poked his head out through the square hole. Then, he extended both his arms out of the hole and putting his palms on the iron door, pushed his whole body out through the hole into the tunnel. When he stood up after steadying himself, he became aware that there was a great amount of stored inner energy in his dan tian and it was making him quite uncomfortable.

He did not realize that he had absorbed all of Mr. Black-White’s inner energy. He just thought because he hadn’t practice martial arts for some time, the Peach Valley Six Immortals and Monk No-Commandment’s inner energy streams have returned to his dan tian. At this time, he only wished to depart from this dark prison as soon as possible. So, he picked up the oil lamp that Mr. Black-White had carried earlier and went out from the tunnel.

He found the door at the end of the tunnel unlocked and guessed that Mr. Black-White might have left it open for himself to go out again. Thus, Linghu Chong was able to escape from the prison without much effort.

As he stepped over the stone gateway in the tunnel, he remembered the days he had spent in the dark prison and felt as if they had occurred in a different lifetime. Unexpectedly in between, his resentment towards Mr. Huang Zhong and others had also melted away. Now, at last he felt free and other things do not matter to him any more.

When he got to end of the tunnel, he climbed the last ten steps. Then he put his head against the iron door and with bated breath listened attentively to sounds above. Even though he had not encountered any trap, he was being very careful and cautious. Instead of rushing up the stairs and dashing through the door, he stopped and listened for a sound from the other side. Hearing nothing even after some time, he felt certain that Mr. Huang Zhong must not be in the bedroom. Thus, he gently lifted up the iron door and climbed up. After leaping out of the hole in the bed, he put the iron door shut, pulled the bedding in place, and treaded softly on tiptoe to get out of the room when suddenly from behind, he heard a person spoke with immense sorrow, "Second younger brother, what are you doing?" Startled, Linghu Chong turned around, only to see Mr. Huaung Zhong, Mr. Bald-Brush and Mr. Paint each pointing their weapons at him while completely surrounding him.
    Last edited by hhaung; 04-11-06 at 10:58 PM.

hmm, is Mr. Black-White going to then discover that he can learn the essence absorbing art too? uh-oh. maybe LHC will realize this?

Quote Originally Posted by efflix
    hmm, is Mr. Black-White going to then discover that he can learn the essence absorbing art too? uh-oh. maybe LHC will realize this?
    Not really. If you remember, Linghu Chong thought that the method on the iron panel was dangerous for other people (people with inner energy - unlike him with none at the time or so he thought). And since he figured that people who are likely to be imprisoned will be as innocent as he was, he didn't want to hurt them. So, he had the whole method memorized for himself and erased all of the words using his handcuffs.

It seems like such a big claim "if the head can go through the door, the rest of the body will be as well". Yeah, right.

hehe... that is a bit dodgy... my shoulders are larger than my head.

Quote Originally Posted by davidY
    hehe... that is a bit dodgy... my shoulders are larger than my head.
    It does sound dodgy... I just hope it's not poor translation on my part! Added two more paragraphs. I can't wait to get to the end of this chapter! There's about 10 more paragraphs worth left.

If it's square and you're not a particularly broad-shouldered person, then a martial artist with some ability to stretch joints could get out.

Remember, the hole is a square. Your head is round, therefore diagonally there is more space.

However, the declaration in that section is still dodgy since it's not an "of course" but a "maybe". The two widest points of humans are the shoulders and hips. If those two parts can get through, the rest can potentially squeeze through.

haha, LHC will have to fight off the three brothers!! i guess sooner or later they're going to realize LHC isn't their second brother. I'm just curious to see whether LHC is going to tell them right away or trick them in some way by pretending to be Ren Woxing. thanks so much for restarting the translation hhaung!