View Poll Results: Do you think it's possible to ward off a bullet of a gun by using inner power?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%

Thread: Inner Power question

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Inner Power question

Do you think it's possible to ward off a bullet of a gun by using inner power?

Vote yes or no.

Answer is definitely no.

Even if you are DY and you s*cked XZ + QF + MRB + XYS + Sweeper Monk + MRF's internal energy, there still would not be enough.

No, but Duan Yu would have a really big bonus to his initiative rolls as well as a huge combat pool to use for dodging. And he can easily roll away the drain on his 6MSJ. So he should have no problems.

Zhang Wuji can use his Qiankun Dano Yi to divert the bullet's direction away from him.
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

so it's not possible to use your energy to stop the bullet before it reaches you?

No chance. That said, they can reduce damage taken (i.e., stop the bleeding) and dodge the bullet (assuming they can see the person shooting).

You can't hear the bullet coming (because rifle bullets are supersonic), but if you can see where the shooter is pointing, then you can read their intent and dodge.

But stopping a bullet is impossible under Jin Yong Lore.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    No chance. That said, they can reduce damage taken (i.e., stop the bleeding) and dodge the bullet (assuming they can see the person shooting).

You can't hear the bullet coming (because rifle bullets are supersonic), but if you can see where the shooter is pointing, then you can read their intent and dodge.

But stopping a bullet is impossible under Jin Yong Lore.
    So is the bullet too hard to stop it with inner power? I know it's possible to dodge or avoid the bullet but I'm asking if it's possible to stop a bullet just by concentrating on it with inner power. Is it possible to stop it? Is it possible to stop other objects?

Well, I would think that inner power is a kind of supplementary power. It makes your strikes more effective and transmit inner energy, and it boosts various things you can do, but it's kinda hard to cause actions solely through the use of inner power, without moving.

I know Zhang Sanfeng ripped up a manual using only inner power in HSDS 1st ed., and apparently Zhou Botong pulled off a similar thing, but it's a far stretch from that to stopping bullets like Neo.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Well, I would think that inner power is a kind of supplementary power. It makes your strikes more effective and transmit inner energy, and it boosts various things you can do, but it's kinda hard to cause actions solely through the use of inner power, without moving.

I know Zhang Sanfeng ripped up a manual using only inner power in HSDS 1st ed., and apparently Zhou Botong pulled off a similar thing, but it's a far stretch from that to stopping bullets like Neo.
    That was what I've been trying to ask. I already knew that stopping a bullet is a super hard thing to do with just inner power alone. I'm just curious about other things. Thank you for you answers.