Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Waltz review

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter
    I feel that Spring Waltz storyline is better and have good OST too.

The reason that will be flop because of the cast.

The first 3 seasons got better cast so it makes the drama popular.
    Yes, I agree with you that the storyline of spring waltz is much better, even better than the summer scent. It not being popular compared to the first three EL series, is because the lead stars are fresh faces. But in fairness, they did very well. The four lead performers have their own shining moments in the series. I still have four episodes to go, but I must say that I do like it in spite of its flaws.

I finished it and found it to be an average drama. I mean if I was the leading girl I would choose Daniel without regretting. But she chose the other guy just like any k-drama would do ...
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I have just finished watching spring waltz and I must say that it's a good drama series. The location and setting made it stand out. Just like what I said, all the lead performers had their own shining moments in the said drama. Yes, the drama is focused on the girl, but each has their own story to tell. The girl has beautiful smile and Daniel is right when he said that her smile warms the heart. Hope to see her in another series that will enhance her simple beauty. The lead guy may not be that good looking, but he's got good voice and he was very good in all heavy drama scenes. For Lee Na, my heart aches for her, because it seems nobody understands her predicament. I like her when she was shouting the name of Jae Ha (original) at the sea side. And, Daniel...wow I think this guy is riped for his own drama series. He's got depth in acting, and gee...he is really good looking. For my own rating scale of 1 (lowest) - 5 (highest) -- I give it a 4.

i'm currently watching this drama, i think i missed some scenes somewhere in episode 9 or 10, there was this scene when philipp was talking with eunyoung, that he would refer his as suho's guide, then suddenly the next scene was eunyoung talking to suho (jaeha), she was thanking him for the shoes and cosmetics... can anyone please tell me how he gave her the shoes and the cosmetics?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    But she chose the other guy just like any k-drama would do ...
    I always thought she and the lead guy had a history together, so that's why she chose him instead of Philip who is just like a buddy or an older brother to her, no matter what he did for her, he does not make her heart beat fast like Jae-ha did and though he was always there for her when she was down, the person she longed for was Jae-ha. Maybe if they didn't have a strong bond or feeling of familiarity with each other, she and Philip could have been more than friends

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    I always thought she and the lead guy had a history together, so that's why she chose him instead of Philip who is just like a buddy or an older brother to her, no matter what he did for her, he does not make her heart beat fast like Jae-ha did and though he was always there for her when she was down, the person she longed for was Jae-ha. Maybe if they didn't have a strong bond or feeling of familiarity with each other, she and Philip could have been more than friends
    Well that's why I tend to drop out on korean dramas nowadays. Sometimes I skip the middle to get to the end because all of them are repeating. But I don't blame the director because I bet they're running out of ideas . That's what i meant, I don't like movies which are too predictable. All of the korean productions are always "First Love". C'mon change lol. Another thing is if this movie is in reality girls who would you pick? Su-ho or Phillip?
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigirl08
    i'm currently watching this drama, i think i missed some scenes somewhere in episode 9 or 10, there was this scene when philipp was talking with eunyoung, that he would refer his as suho's guide, then suddenly the next scene was eunyoung talking to suho (jaeha), she was thanking him for the shoes and cosmetics... can anyone please tell me how he gave her the shoes and the cosmetics?

thanks!
    Eunyoung was employed as Jaeha's road manager, meaning that she'll take care of his schedules and appointments.

She was expressing her gratitude to Jaeha because he helped her found her rubber shoes when she took it off when Philip gave her a new pair of shoes. I think she was a little tipsy here. Jaeha during that moment came out with an umprella because it was raining.

The cosmetic (pressed powder) was given by Jae Ha in place of the old one that she had accidentally lost in the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    Eunyoung was employed as Jaeha's road manager, meaning that she'll take care of his schedules and appointments.

She was expressing her gratitude to Jaeha because he helped her found her rubber shoes when she took it off when Philip gave her a new pair of shoes. I think she was a little tipsy here. Jaeha during that moment came out with an umprella because it was raining.

The cosmetic (pressed powder) was given by Jae Ha in place of the old one that she had accidentally lost in the hotel.
    hey thanks!!!

i just finished watching it... the story's not that great though... nice scenery...song... good looking actors and actresses.. but the acting was kinda pale... yina (the childhood sweetheart of jaeha) acted better than the lead role...also the children were good... (sorry for the other actors)
    there were just some scenes i fast forwarded because i found it boring...
    the ending would have been great...since it's a happy ending...but then... there was no impact...
    but it's a good watch still... but not as entertaining....

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigirl08
    hey thanks!!!

i just finished watching it... the story's not that great though... nice scenery...song... good looking actors and actresses.. but the acting was kinda pale... yina (the childhood sweetheart of jaeha) acted better than the lead role...also the children were good... (sorry for the other actors)
    there were just some scenes i fast forwarded because i found it boring...
    the ending would have been great...since it's a happy ending...but then... there was no impact...
    but it's a good watch still... but not as entertaining....
    Yes, I guess ther reason why Lee Na (or Yina) did better than the other lead performers is because she is the most senior star among them. I think it's the first time for the lead actress. And the lead actor, it's my first time to see him in a series. While Heney, he just came from second lead role in MNKSS.

OST is quite good, captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    Yes, I guess ther reason why Lee Na (or Yina) did better than the other lead performers is because she is the most senior star among them. I think it's the first time for the lead actress. And the lead actor, it's my first time to see him in a series. While Heney, he just came from second lead role in MNKSS.

OST is quite good, captivating.
    yeah, i agree! i would love to get the ost for this drama...

some photos to liven up the thread...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/051/008/051008015_L.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://x03.xanga.com/3a3b653563c3439021989/z26697498.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cantdeny.com/art/goong/smile.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mshowing.com/ReSizeImages.aspx?PictruePath=/Images/MoviePIC/20060324/200603244262077.jpg&Width=280&Height=416')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://xfc.xanga.com/403a140a1303744289989/b29961602.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://xe7.xanga.com/e2fa1604d703544289846/b28563419.jpg')

Lol how come in the middle of the pictures suddenly a Goong wallpaper pop out

I just finished this series last weekend. The storyline of Spring Waltz is good! I like it!

Daniel's role here is lovable! Such a gentleman! What a guy!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.segye.com/photo/2006/2/21/spring%20waltz01.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by snow_angel
    I just finished this series last weekend. The storyline of Spring Waltz is good! I like it!

Daniel's role here is lovable! Such a gentleman! What a guy!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.segye.com/photo/2006/2/21/spring%20waltz01.jpg')
    Yes, I agree with you. He's so sweet in here. In fact I really dont mind if Eunyoung ends up with him.

Does anyone here knows where to download the OST of Spring Waltz?

I like the songs One Love and Lost Without Your Love (Korean version)!

Quote Originally Posted by snow_angel
    Does anyone here knows where to download the OST of Spring Waltz?

I like the songs One Love and Lost Without Your Love (Korean version)!
    Really? I thought they overplayed One Love by Lovehollic too much! It's like in every episode, they have to play that song and the song isn't all that great either.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I like the ending...especially their (Jae-Ha & Eun-Young) dance at the veranda...
    Last edited by snow_angel; 10-15-06 at 07:08 AM.

I actually thought Spring Waltz was much better than the others. I don't quite like sad endings or tearjerkers. The story was more substantial than say Winter Sonata, and character development was also deeper. The others seemed superficial.

I think the reason David/Phillip didn't get the girl was because while he was sweet and a gentleman, he just didn't give the girl a feeling of security. Plus there's no innate attraction. It was all one-sided. It seemed logical that the leads would still be attracted to each other after all these years. They have a connection that goes beyond just appearances. Yeena's character just annoyed me. All the traits that make a woman seem narrow-minded are manifest. But that's just a personal preference. I don't think Korean society is that conservative or that parental objection plays such a big role nowadays. And it's actually illogical for the adoptive mother to think that Jae Ha would leave them because of Eun Young. He'd be more likely to leave if they stopped them from being together. And being a pianist with real skills, he wouldn't have to worry about his family cutting him off. He's famous internationally, not just in Korea, so it's not like a local scandal (which doesn't even really count) would ruin his career.

But I'm only halfway through, so I don't know what new developments are in store. I think the ratings weren't great because of the timing. I thought Winter Sonata pretty much sucked anyhow.

Just finished the show. Not that this thread is that active anyways. Sedate ending that was sweet, probably why it didn't garner that strong a following. People prefer more melodrama. But I liked it. The pianist guy shouldn't have to lose his ability to play piano professionally though. I didn't think the cut was that deep. Yeena finally came to her senses, the lovers found each other again in Austria where they first met, and lived happily ever after. The real younger brother was taken in by the pianist's foster family and the mom didn't stay crazy. At least she was the most sensible one to tell Jae Ha to do what he wants. That she should not have lied and should have let go a long time ago.

I like logical endings. Not all shows do it well. This one was still a bit weak, but overall acceptable.

I seem to be the minority here but I didn't like "Spring Waltz" much at all. It falls into the category of "Watch it only if you're bored." I had high hopes for it since I like the director of these Season series, but ever since the very lame "Summer Scent", I keep on hoping that he'd make a comeback....but I was disappointed in "Spring Waltz."

For one thing, the story was very unoriginal. Childhood friends find each other again after so many obstacles, fall in love again and blah, blah, blah. This feels like a recycled formula. Also, there's lack of any real danger or tension to the story. The character of Lena was "sort of" vindictive but she wasn't much of threat. I knew that eventually, the two main characters would get together, and they did. Thank God the director didn't make one of them of some terminal illness or have a truck hit them. Even the charimatic presence of Daniel Henney, who was type-casted again to play the "perfect" suitor, didn't save this series from flopping in my mind.

The redeeming factor in this series is that all of the actors/actresses did a good job at what they're supposed to do. Their perfromances were consistent. But sadly the plot just wasn't captivating enough to make me care for any of the characters. I liked the first few episodes when they were in Vienna b/c the scenery was so breathtaking. But afterward when they were back in Korea, things went downhill. My fingers were on the fast-forward button for the latter half of the series just to speed things along!

I give this series only **and a half stars out of 5. It could've been better, in my humble opinion....