Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
These series - Comments please
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: These series - Comments please

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default These series - Comments please

    OK right now we have on Malaysia TV both cable and free the following :

    - invisible journey

    - shades of truth

    - conqueror's story

    - seed of hope .


    which ones are worth watching and roughly what is the story about .

    SERIOUS VIEWERS AND PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SERIES ONLY please NO SPECULATORS AND GUESSERS .


    thanks .

  2. #2
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    OK right now we have on Malaysia TV both cable and free the following :

    - invisible journey

    - shades of truth

    - conqueror's story

    - seed of hope .


    which ones are worth watching and roughly what is the story about .

    SERIOUS VIEWERS AND PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SERIES ONLY please NO SPECULATORS AND GUESSERS .


    thanks .
    I'd say The Conqueror's Story. It tells a story about Lau Bong (more commonly known as Han Gaozo later on). Lau Bong, played by Adam Cheng, became a lord of many people because of the helps of his friends and wife, Maggie Cheung. I don't know how to explain but Lau Bong later betrays his friend, who is played by Kong Wah.......just watch it....i guaranteed you that it's good. Or you could get a review at SPCNet's main site.

  3. #3
    Senior Member cherrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11,559

    Default

    - invisible journey= gosh soooooo boring! weak plot and crappy love story, and it's really very very corny. and the ending doesn't make sense at all totally a waste of time and energy. story abt jessica being blind and how she struggled and faced her condition bravely. she met bowie and fell for him. and just as both are in love and jessica had her surgery to see again, bowie met an accident and he ended up blind. basically it's just abt their struggles and stuff.

    - shades of truth= enjoyable at times coz there are funny parts esp with julian and wong hei. but overall it's just a so-so series. hm, the love stories are not that good either.

    - conqueror's story= first parts are boring, but gets interesting towards the end. personally i enjoyed watching kwong wah's parts more than adam's. overall it's a good series, worth watching

    - seed of hope= very very disappointing series. the first parts seem interesting, but for some reason it went downhill and the ending is really pure crap.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

  4. #4
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    - invisible journey= gosh soooooo boring! weak plot and crappy love story, and it's really very very corny. and the ending doesn't make sense at all totally a waste of time and energy. story abt jessica being blind and how she struggled and faced her condition bravely. she met bowie and fell for him. and just as both are in love and jessica had her surgery to see again, bowie met an accident and he ended up blind. basically it's just abt their struggles and stuff.

    - shades of truth= enjoyable at times coz there are funny parts esp with julian and wong hei. but overall it's just a so-so series. hm, the love stories are not that good either.

    - conqueror's story= first parts are boring, but gets interesting towards the end. personally i enjoyed watching kwong wah's parts more than adam's. overall it's a good series, worth watching

    - seed of hope= very very disappointing series. the first parts seem interesting, but for some reason it went downhill and the ending is really pure crap.
    i disagree! TCS WAS SOOO ENJOYABLE... AT ALL PARTS

  5. #5
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    The Conqueror's Story is the best of them all. Good from start to finish. But if u are just into romance, this series might not be for you. But if u are into historical story that was done in an entertaining way, this series is for u. It's not boring at all, because the scriptwriter added funny scenes to it. U also get some romance between Hong Yu and Yu Gei. But the best part of the series was the brilliant strategies each side used to win the war. The brotherly relationship between Hong Yu and Lau Bong was also done well. Another plus point is that this series is very faithful to history, about 80% faithful (maybe this is the reason why the plot isn't crappy and strategies aren't stupid). This is my favourite 2004 series. It's weak point is that some supposely large scale battles look too small scale. Like the part where there were supposed to be 10+ chariots surrounding a large group of army. In the actual scene, there's only like 5 chariots surrounding a very small group of army. But this only is small matter compared to the overall good points of the series. Another part I don't like is the big change on the women's story. It's not bad for the series. Just my own pet peeve.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-12-06 at 12:23 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  6. #6
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    The Conqueror's Story is the best of them all. Good from start to finish. But if u are just into romance, this series might not be for you. But if u are into historical story that was done in an entertaining way, this series is for u. It's not boring at all, because the scriptwriter added funny scenes to it. U also get some romance between Hong Yu and Yu Gei. But the best part of the series was the brilliant strategy each side uses to win the war. The brotherly relationship between Hong Yu and Lau Bong was also done well. Another plus point is that this series is very faithful to history, about 80% faithful (maybe this is the reason why the plot isn't crappy and strategies aren't stupid). This is my favourite 2004 series. It's weak point is that some supposely large scale battles look too small scale. Like the part where were supposed to be 10+ chariots surrounding a large group of army. In the actually scene, there's only like 5 chariots surround a very small group of army. But this only is small matter compared to the overall good points of the series. Another part I don't like is the big change on the women's story. It's not bad for the series. Just my own pet peeve.
    yup... i couldn't have explained better. i liked the historical accuracy and all the strategic battles between the two friends. This series is a really good series and I recommend it as a must-see.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bebe_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817

    Default

    The Conqueror's Story hands down!!! If you're looking for a layered, complex series this one is for you. However if you're looking for typical, light hearted romance, don't watch it. The tactics and strategies used was very interesting to watch and this series was faithful to history. The performances in here was fab. Right when I thought TVB series were going downhill, TVB makes this great series. I'm seriously considering to buy it to add to my collection.

  8. #8
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    OK right now we have on Malaysia TV both cable and free the following :

    - invisible journey

    - shades of truth

    - conqueror's story

    - seed of hope .


    which ones are worth watching and roughly what is the story about .

    SERIOUS VIEWERS AND PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SERIES ONLY please NO SPECULATORS AND GUESSERS .


    thanks .
    Invisible Journey: No Way! I was bored out of my brains. The story is very plain and boring. You have all these great actors and actresses but the get stuffed in such a crappy and predictable plot that everyone's talents are wasted.

    Shades of Truth: IMO, I hated it cos the genre, but it was OK because of Chilam excellent acting and comedy skills. Sometimes it seemed unreliastic and forced, but the beginning where Chilam and Wong Hei meet are hilarious. The ending also makes you guess a lot as well.

    Conqueror's Story: Yes, all the way. there are small inaccuracies, and sometimes big ones like chronology of Lau Bong meeting his wives, but all the acting and chenmistry makes up for it. It is quite a dramatic and emotional piece, with exellent humour and suspense, even if you know the ending cos it is in the first ep. It is some of the best works TVB has produced in recent years. I just love war tactic series!

    - Seed of Hope: I really don't like this because I don't like the cast. It is quite-lighted but worth nothing much to rewatch. The main couple aren't as interesting as the supporting ones. At least it is better than Shine On You which I thought was horrible.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default

    OK thanks for the good replies .

    can either kidd , bebe_girl , charbydis or cherrie tell me :

    briefly the story of invisible journey and what happened in the 1st 2 episodes of counquerer's story , I missed it , but what I have seen I like .

    as for shades and seed , I tend to agree both start ok and now are looking pretty boring .

  10. #10
    Junior Member fairygirlrockz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Definitely The conqueror's story, the storyline is really interesting and the actors/actresses have a lot of experiences.
    Shade of Truth was okay, I hate the storyline, is so weird, but Julian was cute in there though

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairygirlrockz
    Definitely The conqueror's story, the storyline is really interesting and the actors/actresses have a lot of experiences.
    Shade of Truth was okay, I hate the storyline, is so weird, but Julian was cute in there though
    thanks .

    Can you tell me what happened in the episode 1 & 2 of conqueror's story ? or can you direct me to the episdoe guide if there is one .

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default


  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    shades of truth was funny and entertaining. its not the typical undercover, cops serial.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    shades of truth was funny and entertaining. its not the typical undercover, cops serial.
    so what happened in episode 1 & 2 of conqueror's story ?

  15. #15
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    thanks .

    Can you tell me what happened in the episode 1 & 2 of conqueror's story ? or can you direct me to the episdoe guide if there is one .
    Ok, I'll try. I don't remember all the details though. The TCS series started with Lau Bong already old, talking with Cheung Leung about his life. Then came the flashback. It showed Lau Bong still as a carefree small official, having fun with his friends. Then, it showed Hong Yu picking up a big 'Ding' and said he 'neng yan so but neng'. After that we saw Hong Yu met Lui Chi at a riverside. Lui Chi was sitting on a boat and invited HY in. She praised HY and told him that she can help him get the 'kong san'. HY declined saying the doesn't need the help of a lady (his words kinda look down on Lui Chi's ability because she's a woman). He then left. This grudge Lui Chi held throughout the series. After that LC set her eyes on LB after seeing how popular he was amount the common folks.

    Episode guide is here but the english translation a bit hard to understand.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10137
    Last edited by kidd; 03-14-06 at 09:55 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  16. #16
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    OK thanks for the good replies .

    can either kidd , bebe_girl , charbydis or cherrie tell me :

    briefly the story of invisible journey and what happened in the 1st 2 episodes of counquerer's story , I missed it , but what I have seen I like .

    as for shades and seed , I tend to agree both start ok and now are looking pretty boring .
    Invisible Journey:

    Jess is a girl who was blind from a young age. Then she gets some surgery done and regains sight, and she has to get used to seeing such a colourful world. Then all these guys start liking her, but she chooses Bowie, who has an estranged girlfriend, Joyce. Then Jess notices she is losing her sight again and tries to leave Bowie.

    (This is such a boring series. And I am very annoyed by it because I am in Orthoptic student which deals with eye diseases and her condition is all wrong. And the love story just drags on forever.)

    TCS Ep 1 + 2:

    As kidd sais, Lau Bong shows up old and sick, and meets his old friend Cheung Leung, and Lau Bong says he misses his old friend Hong Yu, and starts thinking about the past again.

    Lau Bong is a small official within a small village. he is lazy, has no ambition, a coward, but he has quick wits and is loyal to friends and has a kind heart, is everyone likes him and he has a comfortable life.

    Hong Yu is a hero who goes around recruiting bandits and other dudes to join his army and fight the corrupt Qin dynasty. He can fight well and is very talented in war strategies and other stuff.

    Lui Chi isa rich girl who wants to marry a hero and eventually become Empress to gain power. She proposes to Hong Yu and offers herself, her brains, and her fathers wealth,, but Hong Yu refuses her because he thinks she thinks too much for a woman and he doesn't like such dominating women, so he rocked the boat and she fell into the water.

    By chance, Lau Bong and Hong Yu meet and become good friends. Lui Chi meets Lau Bong and is impressed by how much he can get people to like him, and starts avenging her ambition on him by proposing to him. He refuses at first but then agrees as he sees her sincerity. Her dad hates him after they got married against his will, and they have two children, but are extremely poor but are happy.

    Meanwhile, Hong Yu gets a large army and prepares to go off to war when one of his sponsors tries to contorl the group, but Hong Yu kills him. Hong Yu goes to look for Lau Bong to join his army and sees Lui Chi. Lui Chi longs after Hong Yu's ambition and courage and pushes her husband to also rise up agianst the Qin, but not with Hong Yu.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  17. #17
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Invisible Journey:

    Jess is a girl who was blind from a young age. Then she gets some surgery done and regains sight, and she has to get used to seeing such a colourful world. Then all these guys start liking her, but she chooses Bowie, who has an estranged girlfriend, Joyce. Then Jess notices she is losing her sight again and tries to leave Bowie.

    (This is such a boring series. And I am very annoyed by it because I am in Orthoptic student which deals with eye diseases and her condition is all wrong. And the love story just drags on forever.)

    TCS Ep 1 + 2:

    As kidd sais, Lau Bong shows up old and sick, and meets his old friend Cheung Leung, and Lau Bong says he misses his old friend Hong Yu, and starts thinking about the past again.

    Lau Bong is a small official within a small village. he is lazy, has no ambition, a coward, but he has quick wits and is loyal to friends and has a kind heart, is everyone likes him and he has a comfortable life.

    Hong Yu is a hero who goes around recruiting bandits and other dudes to join his army and fight the corrupt Qin dynasty. He can fight well and is very talented in war strategies and other stuff.

    Lui Chi isa rich girl who wants to marry a hero and eventually become Empress to gain power. She proposes to Hong Yu and offers herself, her brains, and her fathers wealth,, but Hong Yu refuses her because he thinks she thinks too much for a woman and he doesn't like such dominating women, so he rocked the boat and she fell into the water.

    By chance, Lau Bong and Hong Yu meet and become good friends. Lui Chi meets Lau Bong and is impressed by how much he can get people to like him, and starts avenging her ambition on him by proposing to him. He refuses at first but then agrees as he sees her sincerity. Her dad hates him after they got married against his will, and they have two children, but are extremely poor but are happy.

    Meanwhile, Hong Yu gets a large army and prepares to go off to war when one of his sponsors tries to contorl the group, but Hong Yu kills him. Hong Yu goes to look for Lau Bong to join his army and sees Lui Chi. Lui Chi longs after Hong Yu's ambition and courage and pushes her husband to also rise up agianst the Qin, but not with Hong Yu.
    I could not have put it in a better way. Now that you mentioned all about TCS...I really want to rewatch it!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Ok, I'll try. I don't remember all the details though. The TCS series started with Lau Bong already old, talking with Cheung Leung about his life. Then came the flashback. It showed Lau Bong still as a carefree small official, having fun with his friends. Then, it showed Hong Yu picking up a big 'Ding' and said he 'neng yan so but neng'. After that we saw Hong Yu met Lui Chi at a riverside. Lui Chi was sitting on a boat and invited HY in. She praised HY and told him that she can help him get the 'kong san'. HY declined saying the doesn't need the help of a lady (his words kinda look down on Lui Chi's ability because she's a woman). He then left. This grudge Lui Chi held throughout the series. After that LC set her eyes on LB after seeing how popular he was amount the common folks.

    Episode guide is here but the english translation a bit hard to understand.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10137

    yeah , i had a look at that and youre right the translation is overliteral and tough to understand.

    but thanks anyway

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    224

    Default

    charbydis ,

    thanks for your imput .

    I remember IJ now that it is showing and I agree it's kind of dumb .

    as for TCS : how did kong wah and maggie know each other at first ? and I haven't seen any kids from adam and maggie yet and we are in ep 7 now .


    btw isnt kong wah a han general ? and who was his sponsor and why did he split with KW ?

    and why did he kill maggie's family ? because they were Qin supporters ?

  20. #20
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    charbydis ,

    thanks for your imput .

    I remember IJ now that it is showing and I agree it's kind of dumb .

    as for TCS : how did kong wah and maggie know each other at first ? and I haven't seen any kids from adam and maggie yet and we are in ep 7 now .


    btw isnt kong wah a han general ? and who was his sponsor and why did he split with KW ?

    and why did he kill maggie's family ? because they were Qin supporters ?
    he didn't kill maggie's family...kong wah is a zhuo general who wants the throne...

Similar Threads

  1. Please post comments here...
    By Em in forum Episode Guides
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-30-08, 01:57 AM
  2. Digital Photo Comments
    By oGaKirA in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 12-06-07, 03:19 PM
  3. Comments?
    By strawberry in forum Movies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-06, 08:41 AM
  4. What happened to General Comments?
    By babybunny in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-22-03, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •