Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Series: 薛仁贵传奇 Legend of Xue Ren Gui starring Bao Jian Feng, Zhang Tie Lin...

Default New Series: 薛仁贵传奇 Legend of Xue Ren Gui starring Bao Jian Feng, Zhang Tie Lin...

Not sure if there's already a thread open for this new series called "薛仁贵传奇". This famous story takes place during the Tang Dynasty. The only thing I can recall from this story is that his son later mistaken him for a tiger and shot him with an arrow and killed him in battle.

Anyway, this series stars Bao Jian Feng as Xue Ren Gui. And word has it that filming has finished and is ready to air.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/e4db0e39949d42ac99c568c5177d7a40.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/1/11/59e4a60e3e664826a9309a048b3450f6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/1/11/1c1ae06b0e0247a6b3087c93e79d8e82.jpg')

I will see it because SSL...in the legend, he reincarnated of Lu Cheng
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

I'll be watching this series for Bao Bao. More pics are available in his thread here.

The trailer is available here: mms://nv.sina.com.cn/ent/2006/02/25284149.wmv

Alternate link: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2006-02-25/1504997215.html (select 2)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This series simply called "The Legendary Warrior" is finally out....or will be out on August 11, 2006 on DVD.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/90/728/l_p1004472890.jpg')

Currently available for preorder.

whats this about? and who's the main character? the old king guy? or that young guy? xD
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

thanks lady zhang..i wait this serie..can you tell me about shih hsiao lung character, i only know that he plays zhang tie lin god-son.

i had seen this serie on yesasia, but in vcd version!

the lead actor will be the young guy!
    Last edited by trieuminh; 08-10-06 at 12:00 PM.
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

this serie is out, someone seen it yet, i will download it tonight!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8683/127877lxt2.jpg')

I'm up to episode 8 of this series. Jennie and I have been talking about it in Bao Bao's thread.

Shi Xiao Long plays wang ye Li Dao Zong(played by Zhang Tie Lin)'s godson Li Jian Shan. He's skilled at martial arts, but is still no match for Xue Ren Gui (played by Bao Jian Feng). LDZ is an annoying bad guy who wants to kill XRG, but Jian Shan respects XRGi's skills and character and wants to befriend him. His character will be even more conflicted once he finds out about his godfather's true interests.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

thanks lady zhuge, i will download it when i come back my home from work...how cool, SHL grow up, his character is change to, more feeling, more conflict...i want to change his change,

i have seen bao jian feng in some series, let me see his acting in this serie...

I'm really enjoying this series. The story is entertaining and the fight scenes are well-choreographed. I just hope no horses were hurt in the making of this production.

Hottie Bao Jian Feng as Xue Ren Gui:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060815/Img244811187.jpg')

Xue Ren Gui and his shifu:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060815/Img244803077.jpg')

Xue Ren Gui's "brothers"/subordinates:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060815/Img244802971.jpg')

Exciting fight between Zhang Jian Shan and some guy whose face I can't quite make out:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060815/Img244802279.jpg')

Luo Tong and Liao Bo princess Zhao Yang:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060814/Img244791656.jpg')

It contains more pics, news, and some links to the main theme song and various clips from the series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

For those who have watched Fan Li Hua, this is like a prequel. Xue Ren Gui is Xue Tin Shan's father. These 3 characters are very wellknown in Chinese Opera.

There are a whole series of opera about them, from Xue Ren Gui to his grandson (Xue Tin Shan & Fan Li Hua's son). But I think Fan Li Hua is more of the main characters in these operas.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

i just finish episode 1, hum...just begin...know the king want to find xue ren gui....

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    For those who have watched Fan Li Hua, this is like a prequel. Xue Ren Gui is Xue Tin Shan's father. These 3 characters are very wellknown in Chinese Opera.

There are a whole series of opera about them, from Xue Ren Gui to his grandson (Xue Tin Shan & Fan Li Hua's son). But I think Fan Li Hua is more of the main characters in these operas.
    Since Legend of Xue Ren Gui is the second of the Sui Tang Heroes trilogy, then the third part must be about Fan Li Hua, Xue Ting Shan, etc.? I really don't like opera, but I'd definitely watch a Mainland remake of their story.

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    i just finish episode 1, hum...just begin...know the king want to find xue ren gui....
    Yep, it sure takes the emperor a long time! I really hate that Zhang Shi Gui dude+his son and son-in-law. It doesn't help that Xue Ren Gui is too nice and naive.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm at episode 18. Can anyone tell me when XRG and the emperor meet? I'm the one who can't stand ZSG!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    Can anyone tell me when XRG and the emperor meet?
    They finally meet in episode 22, just like in the emperor's dream.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Since Legend of Xue Ren Gui is the second of the Sui Tang Heroes trilogy, then the third part must be about Fan Li Hua, Xue Ting Shan, etc.? I really don't like opera, but I'd definitely watch a Mainland remake of their story.
    I haven't watched the operas, but I asked my mom since she is an opera fans. I think Xue Ren Gui is part 1 and Fan Li Hua&Xue Ting Shan is part 2. Actually, Story about Fan Li Hua has been made and remade many times, I think TVB had 2 versions of it. To my knowledge, nobody has made part 3 yet and this is the first time I have seen part 1.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    They finally meet in episode 22, just like in the emperor's dream.
    Thanks Lady ZHuge, I really can't wait to see that!!

I haven't watched the operas, but I asked my mom since she is an opera fans. I think Xue Ren Gui is part 1 and Fan Li Hua&Xue Ting Shan is part 2. Actually, Story about Fan Li Hua has been made and remade many times, I think TVB had 2 versions of it. To my knowledge, nobody has made part 3 yet and this is the first time I have seen part 1.
    If I remember correctly, TVB used to make all three parts. XRU was played by Miao Qiao Wei, XDS was played by Huang Ri Hua and Xi Gang was played by Liu Qing Yun.

Maybe the operas mainly focus on the Xue family, but the Sui Tang Heroes trilogy involves young Qin Shu Bao, Luo Cheng, Cheng Yao Jin and the rest of the Wa Gang clan helping Li Shimin found and stabilize the Tang dynasty in the first story, the legend of Xue Ren Gui as the second story, and Xue Ren Gui's descendents in the third one.

Now I remember that I've heard of Fan Li Hua. There's a TVB series starring Jessica Hsuan as Fan Li Hua and Joe Ma as Xue Ding Shan and a Taiwanese version starring Sun Cui Feng as FLH and Steve Ma as XDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    Thanks Lady ZHuge, I really can't wait to see that!!
    No problem! How are you enjoying this series so far?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hum, if i don't wrong that tvb maked two version Fan Li Hua, first version was around '80, this version played by Felix Wong, this plot is not original but it is not bad. The second version played by jessica hsuan, this is bad one, tvb changed all the plot, the story is not good...and also, the version maked by taiwan is same too, they changed all the plot, and the lead actress is not match with steve ma, she is so small for him..if china remakes fan li hua, i will see it, because they will keep the original story, not 100%, but maybe 70%...