Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: La Femme Desperado 《女人唔易做》

Actually TVB has tried their hands in a mature gay story before. In 1 episode of Loving You 1, there is a story that centered on a gay couple trying to get acceptance from the father of 1 partner. That is one of my favourite gay centered story because of the mature way the scripwriter handled the relationship.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

but it's only an ep?! what's the reaction of the people?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually TVB has tried their hands in a mature gay story before. In 1 episode of Loving You 1, there is a story that centered on a gay couple trying to get acceptance from the father of 1 partner. That is one of my favourite gay centered story because of the mature way the scripwriter handled the relationship.
    but it's only 1 ep. i was meaning the whole movie or series.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    but it's only 1 ep. i was meaning the whole movie or series.
    I was replying to popcorn. Nothing to do with your Brokeback Mountain comment.

The post that replied to your comment is this one

'crooked-storylines' has always been around. They just seldom go mainstream.
    And what I meant is that 'crooked-storyline' has always been around in US in non-mainstream cinema, i.e. idependant indie films. Nothing to do with TVB. And if u want example of Asia gay films, there are also Lan Yu, Happy Together and Bishonen. Gay film has always ben around. They just didn't create as big a fuss as BBM.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-18-06 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    but it's only an ep?! what's the reaction of the people?
    dunno woh. I only watch it years later, not at the time of airing.

I read in cinple that TVB is not going to air this series after all but air 'Trendy Lawyer' instead. I'm so disappointed.

I hope Tai Sheng will still continue to release this series for oversea audience.

but also in cinple forums, a couple of posters confirmed that LFD will be released in rental stores. the release memo's out and LFD is stated in there.

makes me wonder ... is LFD really warehoused?

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    but also in cinple forums, a couple of posters confirmed that LFD will be released in rental stores. the release memo's out and LFD is stated in there.
    If that is true, then it's good news.

I don't care if they aired it in HK or not as long as I get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    makes me wonder ... is LFD really warehoused?
    I don't know. But this series's subject IS risky. Younger man/older woman pairing with large age gap and women desperate for love. After the rating flop of LWOLAP, TVB might want to air safer series first.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I read in cinple that TVB is not going to air this series after all but air 'Trendy Lawyer' instead. I'm so disappointed.

I hope Tai Sheng will still continue to release this series for oversea audience.
    hopefully i heard that some series never got to be released oversea. i really want to see this series. the topic is so interesting.

I don't know. But this series's subject IS risky. Younger man/older woman pairing with large age gap and women desperate for love. After the rating flop of LWOLAP, TVB might want to air safer series first.

Oh, but this is the trend right now. It should not be that bad, it gives older women a chance to fantasize ... hehehe
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Oh, but this is the trend right now. It should not be that bad, it gives older women a chance to fantasize ... hehehe
    furthermore i think with the castit would i don'tthink it would flip as bad as compared to LWOLAP
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

what?! does it mean this will not air for the meantime?!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

what?! does it mean this will not air for the meantime?!
    it wont air in the meantime but will be released OVERSEAS instead.

EDIT: OMG guess what LFD might be released after The Bitter Bitten at 8pm
    Last edited by popcorn; 03-20-06 at 11:30 AM.

oh i hope so!!!! i wonder why tvb is always keeping us in suspense on when they will release ray's series. look at lwolap, it also took them forever to air that
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

oh i hope so!!!! i wonder why tvb is always keeping us in suspense on when they will release ray's series. look at lwolap, it also took them forever to air that
    maybe they want to keep the best for later it'll be remembered during the next anniv

im sorta new at this buh...i just watched the trailor of LFD n omg! whoa!
    raymond is soo hott in this! w00t! cant w8, hope TVB wont do sumthin stupid again n postpone dis!

hehe seems like a really good show...im really lookin forward to it!
    LaLaLa
    This is my fab siggie
    LaLaLa

xox

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sour_skittlez
    im sorta new at this buh...i just watched the trailor of LFD n omg! whoa!
    raymond is soo hott in this! w00t! cant w8, hope TVB wont do sumthin stupid again n postpone dis!

hehe seems like a really good show...im really lookin forward to it!
    But the bad thing is that this is a small production (20 episodes). But I don't think my booklet is accurate so this series could definately be longer. I'm expecting a lot from this series. This is an interesting genre.

But the bad thing is that this is a small production (20 episodes). But I don't think my booklet is accurate so this series could definately be longer. I'm expecting a lot from this series. This is an interesting genre.
    well if it is stated 20then it can't be longer by that much anyways....the most will probably be like 25 like whatis happening in SG

but the thing is that isn'tthis suppose to be the modern series of WAB, wasn't that what sheren was saying when she came to malaysia?
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well if it is stated 20then it can't be longer by that much anyways....the most will probably be like 25 like whatis happening in SG

but the thing is that isn'tthis suppose to be the modern series of WAB, wasn't that what sheren was saying when she came to malaysia?
    lol i dont think she said that. LFD doesnt look one bit like WAB ... more like desperate women who wanna conceive and older woman-younger dude relationship :P

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz

sure doesn't look like a modern version of wab. i thought tcb was a "modern" version of wab when i saw the trailer. i think tdop (the dance of passion) would be more of a modern version of wab.

hopefully this isn't just a plain 20 ep. small production.