Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Halves

Default Sofia

I think it is because she is playing a male role.

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

she turns into a female later on in the show... thaz wut tvbthemevideo means..... her look iz reely
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

I like Joyce Coi after watching this series. She and Moses is my favourite couple. Joyce did a great job potraying her character.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH WEN MOSES CHAN CAME INTO STEVEN'S ROOM TO TELL HIM THAT HE "started to like a man" HAHAHAHAHA steven's face turn from sleep to i wuz laffing my head off

a little island east of america and west of europe

Yes!!!

That definitely has to be one of the best scenes in the whole show - I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair!!!
    How Moses and Steven manage to keep a straight face through it all is totally beyond me......

what about the part where Steven took Moses to the brothel and moses asked those girls to recite poems and display sword skills? And also the scene at the forest where they bumped into Joyce and Maggie together! I was almost rolling on the floor when Steven asked Moses to hold his hand!

so basically the whole series is funny. lol
    the flow of events in this series worked out really well.

the ending wuz a lil dragged.......... dont u ppl think?..... hahah but it wuz funny how steven wuz like "dont be so freaked out blablalba" and then wen it wuz pak hap's turn to give birth hez like "AAAA HELP!!! HELP!!!" hahahahah i wuz laffing so hard.... steven and maggie did a great job in this series.... costumes were appropriate ^^........... even joyce didnt do a bad job in the end......... btw can anybody tell me wut happened in the third last episode? o wait.....never mind i'll read ep summaries

I kinda agree that the ending was a bit draggy. tot the bit with the king forcing them to marry was a bit OTT. but then the last bit with their kids was quite funny.

It didn't have the best ending and they left a lot of things unanswered in my opinion but i still liked the rest of it.

hahah but it wuz funny how steven wuz like "dont be so freaked out blablalba" and then wen it wuz pak hap's turn to give birth hez like "AAAA HELP!!! HELP!!!" hahahahah i wuz laffing so hard....
    I kind of expected this reaction from him after is equally extreme reaction when he saw his wife came out carrying a small try with 2 cups.

lolz!!! yup yup i expected it too, but nonetheless it wuz funny..... yea they dragged too much w/ the king ..... it got boring..... the FF button came in handy w/ the part moses and joyce explaining the lawz and stuff

I've just started watching Better Halves and I find it quite humorous and entertaining. I love watching Maggie, Steven and Moses together.

Did anyone find that after Maggie lost all that weight, her head looks too big for her body. Maybe it's because of her costume or something but there's something very strange about the way she looks. She looks unbalanced.

Maggie was extremely sick when she made Better Halves so she had lost a lot of weight at the time due to her ailment. But overall she wasn't that skinny, she weighed 115 lbs at the time.

Has this series been released in Viet yet? Is it any good?
    Ho*.p ba?o lie^n chi y? phu.ng la^`u
    Da^n gian phong nhu? ky? tho*`i lu*u
    Lu'c xo^'ng nguye^.n la`m uye^n u*o*ng lie^~u
    To*'i che^'t nhu* hoa cu~ng bi.nh -da^`u

If it's not due to the weight that she lost maybe it's her costume or the angle that the camera is on her then.

To jennalipe: this is series iz okay.... in terms of the story itz alright.... it wuz a lil draggy at a few parts but itz good otherwise..... itz quite funny

To bornrichie: WOW how do u kno so exact? ..... maggie looked skinny but nice in her costume

Whens it coming to viet?
    Currently watching- War and Beauty

karrot, Maggie said so in one of her interviews. Actually I think she said it was even more than 115lbs, she weighted 120lbs before she did the LF ad (and during making Better Halves), now she's 110 lbs.

I just finished watching Better Halves and I loved it! I was throughly entertaining and the topic of Matching-making and marriage to be refreshing. I agree that the ending was a little draggy, but it worked out well between the couples.

I really like Moses character, I thought it to be so funny that he thought he was in love with another man! His face was so serious all through the series that it was kind of odd to see him smile. I also like the relationship that developed between Moses and Joyce, however, I was expecting something more to happen once Moses and Joyce got together. For example, (spoilers) in the scene where Moses met Joyce for the first time as a woman, I expected the sparks to turn into a firework show. Maybe TVB decided not to do that because both of their characters are quite reserved. But considering that Joyce had to go through so much to become a woman again, there should have been something much more in that scene.

Cerina's acting was horrible in that series, however I thought that Auguste's character was really cute in that series and he did a fair job. Does anyone else think that Auguste kind of looks like Aaron Kwok?

Overall, it was a good series and I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good laugh.