Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Commonwealth Games

Quote Originally Posted by mysterl0us
    hey you can't blame us for being so good at sports!
    While Aus is good (by Commonwealth standards) there's also a thing called home team advantage.

Swimming was basically dominated by two nations, Australia and NZ. Was Ian Thorpe taking part this year?

And why was football not included in the games?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Swimming was basically dominated by two nations, Australia and NZ. Was Ian Thorpe taking part this year?
    NZ dominating? You've got to be joking. NZ only won one gold in swimming and a couple of other medals. England got 8 golds and Scotland got 6 in swimming.
    And no, Ian Thorpe did not take part.

And why was football not included in the games?
    Because it wasn't chosen. Who would bother anyway with the World Cup coming up in a few months?

Thorpie was fully sick after doing too many underwear and Uncle Toby commercials, so instead of swimming, he's doing a Simpsons marathon on Foxtel, where we get to see his metrosexual face every two minutes.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    NZ dominating? You've got to be joking. NZ only won one gold in swimming and a couple of other medals. England got 8 golds and Scotland got 6 in swimming.
    And no, Ian Thorpe did not take part.
    Haha, sorry I got it wrong. A pity Ian Thorpe is nor participating in the games.
    ..ext88

So which nation has the most GOLD medals now?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    So which nation has the most GOLD medals now?
    Duh, Australia with 58. How could it be any other country?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Thorpie was fully sick after doing too many underwear and Uncle Toby commercials, so instead of swimming, he's doing a Simpsons marathon on Foxtel, where we get to see his metrosexual face every two minutes.
    umm, no, ian thorpe was sick, but not because he did too many commercials. you claim my posts are stupid, but aren't yours more so? i'm only asking a question, you're posting false and untrue information about ian thorpe which is pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    While Aus is good (by Commonwealth standards) there's also a thing called home team advantage.
    but if that was the case with your country, you wouldn't be saying this, or would you? but there's no wrong in being proud of your country, is there? besides, it's anyone's game, and they have the right to win as much gold medals as they desire, don't you agree?

Hey? Did anyone know what happened to Grant Hackett? I missed him!

Anyway, I thought it was nice that the included the EAD medals with the other ones this year. It makes the team more united.

I thought Ian Thorpe had bronchitis!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Hey? Did anyone know what happened to Grant Hackett? I missed him!
    He's busy doing Text Your Hero ads for Telstra. You can see him on many billboards with his right arm in a cast, left arm furiously TXTing replies to impressionable kids who are wasting their parents' money on stupid txt messages that never actually get to their so-called hero. Oh btw he is actually right-handed but broke his right arm after sending 23400983 TXT messages, a new Aussie record.

As for the kid who started this thread: since you're supposed to be Australian, get a sense of humour. It's embarassing to read your posts, and to acknowledge that you're one of us.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

As for the kid who started this thread: since you're supposed to be Australian, get a sense of humour.
    He can get one here http://cgi.ebay.com/An-Awesome-Sense...QQcmdZViewItem.

As if we need to import humour from the bloody Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterl0us
    umm, no, ian thorpe was sick, but not because he did too many commercials. you claim my posts are stupid, but aren't yours more so? i'm only asking a question, you're posting false and untrue information about ian thorpe which is pretty pointless.
    Oh my gosh. I know you're young but c'mon. I was young once and I don't remember being so clueless since I was 4 years old. This is why you get picked on at school mate.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

As for the kid who started this thread: since you're supposed to be Australian, get a sense of humour. It's embarassing to read your posts, and to acknowledge that you're one of us.
    How's that? OMG you're sterotyping again!
    the world isn't black and white!! omg, your posts are the ones that are embarrassing. you're acting like a pointless person running around posting through random threads. i can't believe you're stereotyping ppl! how's my post stupid and embarassing? i asked if usa participated that's all. but you, what did you do? you post some stupid info about ian thorpe, which isn't true! be serious already! it's like you're doing this on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Oh my gosh. I know you're young but c'mon. I was young once and I don't remember being so clueless since I was 4 years old. This is why you get picked on at school mate.
    what's that SPECIFFICALLY supposed to mean? i know he's making a joke, but i'm only angry because you say my posts are stupid when i only posted a question. isn't it more stupid if someone posts untrue info about a swimming star and expects it to be funny?
    and no, i'm not being picked on anymore because i dobbed them in and they chickened out.

didn't even know we won that many medals. maybe i should start watching...

then again, blah.

heh, thats hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Obviously, you don't know the Commonwealth Games either. The USA is not part of the Commonwealth, get it? When you heard of the Commonwealth Games, you never wondered what Commonwealth meant? Were you not curious and wondered what that word stood for? You never cease to amaze me how you keep creating posts you know nothing about.
    Perhaps the person thought of 'commonwealth' as those self-governing places in voluntary association with the U.S. such as Puerto Rico and the Northern Marianas, and mistakenly assumed that the same applied for Scotland, Northern Ireland and the other nations in the Games (though why he or she would assume so baffles me).

(I was actually under the impression that he or she was making some sort of a joke or gibe at the U.S. when I first read that 'where's the US' remark. Unfortunately, it was a real question.)
    Last edited by Anais; 03-24-06 at 05:38 AM.

Does anyone know any kid that is as obnoxious as this one? I don't.