Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Any Badminton Fans?

I played badminton when i was a kid I gave it up cuz i found out that i had terrible eye hand coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    thats a whole lotta writing there
    but i love bad minton! i also <3 volleyball..how about u? usually ppl who likes badminton also likes volleyball.

and is that u in your avatar?
    Yeah hehe shamefully I have to say that is me in the avatar
    Um I don't actually like volleyball because i've never actually played it myself haha... And have no idea how it's played.
    I quite enjoy cricket (as funny as that seems) and basketball as well though hehe.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    thats a whole lotta writing there
    but i love bad minton! i also <3 volleyball..how about u? usually ppl who likes badminton also likes volleyball.

and is that u in your avatar?

I love PLAYING badminton, but I hate watching it.

I love volleyball too! I love to play and watch it, though most of my friends that like badminton hate Volleyball, and vice versa.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I prefer playing singles mainly because i have vague memories of getting hit/hitting my partner when i play doubles

i like clears and drop shots in singles against females coz usually i can clear to the baseline but that's something a lot of girls don't do well. I'm more of an attack person in general when i play coz if i don't attack, they will attack my backhand and then i will be screwed

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post

I love volleyball too! I love to play and watch it, though most of my friends that like badminton hate Volleyball, and vice versa.
    Hehe I love watching badminton lah... such an exciting sport to watch when you watch the best play like the games where Lin Dan vses Lee Chong Wei or Peter Gade vses Taufik Hidayat.
    Well guess just me hehe, I like to watch the games and study from it, although I doubt I learn much from it

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    I prefer playing singles mainly because i have vague memories of getting hit/hitting my partner when i play doubles

i like clears and drop shots in singles against females coz usually i can clear to the baseline but that's something a lot of girls don't do well. I'm more of an attack person in general when i play coz if i don't attack, they will attack my backhand and then i will be screwed
    thats great you can clear to the baseline, shows you have superb potential lah , and sounds like you have a lot of deception, when you add a potent smash and improve your backhand you can be the next Zhang Ning . Good attack is always good.

Bah in doubles its so easy to clash with your doubles player its funny... had some painful experiences myself getting whacked .

I like to play badminton, but I'm not very good at it.

It has been long since I last played. The last time I held a racket was probably, at the earliest, one year ago. I have no one to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    Aww quite sad to see the old thread on badminton gone, so I've decided to start up a new one... for badminton fans alike .

I really enjoy it, and just recently have had the privilege of having waaaaay too much free time so I've decided to really train up up my badminton and get fit in the process as well.
    I'm currently playing around 3-4 times a week, and days when I'm not on the badminton courts I'm in the gym working on cardio and strength resistance training.
    Been improving quite a fair bit which I'm glad for all the effort I've put in and working with a coach...
    I enjoy playing singles much more than doubles which is quite surprising since so many people love doubles more because its faster and less taxing on the body and stamina. But I love singles because it test the true skills of a player, executing a much wider variety of shots and using more strategies to combat your opponent.
    Like in singles I prefer to play the first set with a lot more clears, lifts, deceptive smashes, drives and netshots to work my opponents around to hopefully drain down their stamina, if I manage to win the first set is a bonus and then in the second set I would unleash a greater variation of aggressive attacking plays and create a lot more smashing opportunities (fortunately I'm blessed with quite a good jump smash) and demoralizing the opponent if possible. Of course with that strategy its very risky and if I find the opponent would outlast me in a stamina battle I would try and go all out first set and try and win it in 2. the new scoring point system is also much better now for the fast attacking players in my opinion.
    Thus I love singles so much, I feel more involved as opposed to doubles drive and smash style of play.
    Anyways I use a Armortec 900Power 3UG4 at 25lbs
    And my favourite player nowadays is Lin Dan for his personality and style of play. Second would be Lee Chong Wei for his very good style of play.

Guys feel free to post anything you like about badminton
    where do you live? around the san diego/LA and San francisco badminton is pretty good with the asian kids, alot of them play in the set up area....

I have the old school TI-10, didn't like it so much... but it suppose to be pretty good. I like the old Isometric series better....

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    where do you live? around the san diego/LA and San francisco badminton is pretty good with the asian kids, alot of them play in the set up area....

I have the old school TI-10, didn't like it so much... but it suppose to be pretty good. I like the old Isometric series better....
    I live currently in China at the moment, so there is a lot of competition around at the badminton halls which is great for improvement .

Wow you have the old Ti-10 !!!! That is one of the best rackets ever made... I think everybody would agree, it is one awesome racket that is way comparable to some of the best rackets today such as the Nanospeed 9000X or MP100, AT700 and AT900T/P...
    Was your racket a 2U? If so holy smokes... best smashing racket ever....
    The best head heavy racket IMO. With its extra stiff shaft boom boom...

Hmm the Isometric rackets are all more balanced, flexible and headlight I think... easier for people who are more control players and the rackets are more forgiving when playing shots not according to plan.

cristal, i looked up the two rackets i use. One is YONEX nanospeed and the other is something called titanium mesh

lol i have no idea what i am talking about

the latter is lighter and easier to use, but i prefer to use the former, seems to give me more power...

i assume they should both be pretty good racquets since i bought them in china and they still cost a fair bit. For my level of playing, i don't think those racquets are necessary, but they are so nice to use

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    cristal, i looked up the two rackets i use. One is YONEX nanospeed and the other is something called titanium mesh

lol i have no idea what i am talking about

the latter is lighter and easier to use, but i prefer to use the former, seems to give me more power...

i assume they should both be pretty good racquets since i bought them in china and they still cost a fair bit. For my level of playing, i don't think those racquets are necessary, but they are so nice to use
    Indeed nanospeed speed series is still currently most expensive priced rackets next to the high end Armortec's and Arcsabers...
    It has good technology built in such as nanoscience for ultra light weight but powerful racket head...

Yeah hehe shamefully I have to say that is me in the avatar
    Um I don't actually like volleyball because i've never actually played it myself haha... And have no idea how it's played.
    I quite enjoy cricket (as funny as that seems) and basketball as well though hehe.
    u gota tell me what brand of purple hair-dye that is
    i've been looking for a good type, but the only ones i know so far stains my bathtub like shit and i wana dye my hairrrrrrrrrrRrr

and oh my, you're missing out! volleyball is quite easy..game-play wise. hitting the ball is hard if you're playing with the hard ball..i swear i bruise my thumb/wrist so much from that..i can't even hit it up! so i'm a pussy, i only play with the soft ball. fun nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post

yeah same. haha watching it is so damn boring.

and really? that's odd i alwys thought everyone loves volleyball T_T
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Badminton, interesting .
    Is this the game where skinny oriental girls with glasses love to play, chasing a shuttercock around the court.

Do many western born orientals play this game?

I live currently in China at the moment, so there is a lot of competition around at the badminton halls which is great for improvement .
    \.
    Yeah, I went to China for 2 months when I was in grade 6, and I played a lot of badminton. I ended up being First Pair for Badminton in Year 7 sport competitions.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

apparently, if i try harder, i'd be better at badminton. i rarely play (5 times a year?), but when i can be bothered to, i will play with my dad. i was planning to take it up as a permanant sport next year, but my h.s. doesn't have badminton as a choice, and i already have 2 extra out-of-school sports, so i'm taking waterpolo and rowing instead.

Wow you have the old Ti-10 !!!! That is one of the best rackets ever made... I think everybody would agree, it is one awesome racket that is way comparable to some of the best rackets today such as the Nanospeed 9000X or MP100, AT700 and AT900T/P...
    Was your racket a 2U? If so holy smokes... best smashing racket ever....
    The best head heavy racket IMO. With its extra stiff shaft boom boom...

Hmm the Isometric rackets are all more balanced, flexible and headlight I think... easier for people who are more control players and the rackets are more forgiving when playing shots not according to plan.
    yeah, the TI-10 was good, but it require alot of control, I have bull power and no control, drop shots and smash are easier with the isometric. I wasn't any good to begin with, having a stiff/wild racket didn't help. I tried to play through it but it wasn't good... I'm don't remember which one i had, the 3U or the 2U, i have to pull it out n check... but i do remember it was extra long. At the time i had the TI-10, my friends bought some muscle power and armo tech (i think that's how it's spell?) um, to be honest i don't think they're as good as my TI-10, it's too stiff... The TI-10 is pretty stiff but it flex when you hit, i think you can feel it better than the muscle power series.
    Last edited by warlock110; 01-09-08 at 08:37 AM.

Korean Open is on now... watching in great anticipation to see if Lin Dan can defend his title!!

And Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia seems to be on fire recently after switching to the powerful ArmorTec 900Power !

Hopefully Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng can reverse there shock loss last week at the Malaysian open and stop Kido/Setiawan from winning for super series in a roll for Mens Doubles!

exciting stuff!

Smile

for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......
    it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...
    .....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....
    .... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...+Club+Hits+Vol+

I love to play badminton from the days of my childhood.Not regularly i used to play this game in evening in the court near to my home.I am a nice player of it.My mother used to play this game as a exercise.

i love badminton! i play it every weekend in the summer. oh, you know who else loves badminton? my JaeJoongie! he played badminton when he was in school! i hope i can play with him one day.