Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miejue is good or evil?

Post Miejue is good or evil?

For all Miejue old haggard nun her actions in HSDS, is SHE good or evil?

Good side of Miejue - She respects Wulin elders, she sees herself as a great martial artist, so she would not secretly attacked people or she would also not fight people with extra weapon or outnumber them. She deems it compulsory to kill all Ming Sect people, because of Ming Cult's past notoriety. She won't surrender to the Mongolian governement, even if her life is threatened. She would not do anything that affect the reputation of E-Mei and manage to complete her task, pass down message to ZZR.
    So, we can see that she's patriotic, righteous and responsible.

Bad side of Miejue - super ruthless, she would kill anyone who stands in her way. She killed Ji Xiaofu and also had the intention of killing Yang Buhui, who was a young innocent kid who knew nothing at all. She tortured the Ming cultists (one of the flags) by chopping off their right arms on Guangming Peak. Taking innocent lives is wrong, and she was a nun, which makes her more evil
    Here, we saw that she was ruthless...

Was she right in killing Ji Xiaofu? So exactly should we consider her good or bad, or half-half? I tink she's a demonesss by heart, she even tried to kill Yang Buhui, that's just ruthless...
    Last edited by Extremer88; 03-19-06 at 11:34 AM.
    ..ext88

I think she has good intentions, but has resorted to extreme ways to keep them. She does care for her students, but only if they listen to her and keep in the orthodox way. I mean, of she didn't care, she wouldn't even offer a second chance to Ji Xiao Fu.

The reason why she killed Ji Xiao Fu was because she thought her student was beyond redemption and an insult to her clan. I think it hurt her too to apply that palm on her favourite student, and it also pained her to see her later student, Zhou Zhi Ruo go down a similar path.

The reason why she ordered the death of Yang Bu Hui was because she saw her as a root of evil which would grow up to avenge her mother if she was allowed to live. Mie Jue really really hated Yang Xiao and saw him responsible for her martial brother's death. She had this perception that people born in the evil sect were nothing but evil monsters so Yang Bu Hui was not a child to her, but a little evil montser which needed to be eliminated. YBH was also a constant reminder of how YX ruined JXF and Emei's image so MJ wanted her dead.

She is cruel because she doesn't care about the process, only the end result matters. And if she can achieve it, then all her previous cruelty is justified (like someone ask you to kill this dude to save the whole world from a nuclear explosion). Maybe she saw it as "I would rather kill all these people and save everyone while I go to hell and burn for my crimes!"

I certainly don't agree with her, but I understand her way of thought.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i don't think she was "evil", but more like totally misguided

She is trying to be good in the extreme, which makes her almost more evil than evil itself.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

There is nothing wrong with being extremely good, in fact goodness is a quality where the more of it you have the better you are, there is no need for moderation.

But Miejie Shitai is not good, rather, she is a cruel and arrogant extremist with serious problems and whether or not she's evil I do think she's done more evil things than is the norm for good guys.

Was she like that before? Or did her attitude towards life dramatically change after Guhongzi death?
    ..ext88

i think she felt like she was doing the right thing, and she did care for her students, but was willing to sacrifice them for her 'greater cause'.

i think her actions would have been good if she had been more open... she was narrow minded at times, and her thoughts were often not correct... so caused her to do some very cruel things

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i think she felt like she was doing the right thing, and she did care for her students, but was willing to sacrifice them for her 'greater cause'.

i think her actions would have been good if she had been more open... she was narrow minded at times, and her thoughts were often not correct... so caused her to do some very cruel things
    Haha, that's why we call her old haggard nun!
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    She is trying to be good in the extreme, which makes her almost more evil than evil itself.
    Well I reckon she's more dangerous than an evil person, as she hides behind her orthodox banner. Which makes her more evil.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Well I reckon she's more dangerous than an evil person, as she hides behind her orthodox banner. Which makes her more evil.
    reminds me of Yue Bu Quan

except she's got good intent and not doing it for self power

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    reminds me of Yue Bu Quan

except she's got good intent and not doing it for self power
    Ya, not for self power, but I think she does it all for E-Mei's reputation, but in unorthodox ways
    Last edited by Extremer88; 03-20-06 at 07:16 AM.
    ..ext88

If she could occupy both "Heavenly Sword" and "Dragon Sabre", she will be like Yue Bu Quan after achieving YJJ. She might seem to do everything for Er Mei reputation but that also means to expand her own power and integrity in wulin arena.

As much as I dislike Miejue, I do not think that she's evil. She did what she thinks and felt was right, no matter her methods. At the end of the day, she's just an extremely prejudiced, narrow-minded and misguided old woman.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    As much as I dislike Miejue, I do not think that she's evil. She did what she thinks and felt was right, no matter her methods. At the end of the day, she's just an extremely prejudiced, narrow-minded and misguided old woman.
    that sums it up pretty well

imo, she is probably mad. to commit suicide than to be saved by zwj. and to force zzr not to have anything with zwj.

sometimes i wonder, suppose that miejue does not know that zwj is from ming sect. rather he is the son of zhang cuishan and the grand disciple of zsf. will she instead ask zwj to marry and take care of zzr?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    imo, she is probably mad. to commit suicide than to be saved by zwj. and to force zzr not to have anything with zwj.

sometimes i wonder, suppose that miejue does not know that zwj is from ming sect. rather he is the son of zhang cuishan and the grand disciple of zsf. will she instead ask zwj to marry and take care of zzr?
    Probably not, because of ZWJ relation with YSS, people/miejue will still label him as Demoness's child, which would in turn affect E-Mei's reputaion
    ..ext88

Mit Jeut See Tai was one twisted character, but I don't think she was completely devoid of decency. After Cheung Chui San and Yan So So committed suicide, I think she was the only one of the wulin sect leaders who actually behaved as if she felt a little genuine remorse for having essentially made young Cheung Mo Gei an orphan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Mit Jeut See Tai was one twisted character, but I don't think she was completely devoid of decency. After Cheung Chui San and Yan So So committed suicide, I think she was the only one of the wulin sect leaders who actually behaved as if she felt a little genuine remorse for having essentially made young Cheung Mo Gei an orphan.
    Miejue old nun was not present at Wudang, when Zhang Cuishan and Yin Susu committed suicide, it was priestess Jingxuan who lead the E-Mei students to congratulate ZSF's 100 birthday on that day.
    ..ext88

my two cents worth of MieJue... She's a real pain in the as$... A little crazy old virgin..

I believe she was misunderstood, she really did care and was nice... only... she took everything to the extreme, and to her the end justifies the means. It's just sad though... I liked her... and everyone went on thinking she was evil. I believe she's only misunderstood nothing more, her intentions she mainly kept to herself, I think if she'd told everyone they'd think SLIGHTLY differently.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵