Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Overrated Beauty of Certain Actresses

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    About Leila being in the top ten most beautiful TVB actresses. The thing is that most tvb actresses aren't that beautiful. Especially those in her age group. Leila, Tavia, Niki, Myolie Wu, Nancy Wu, Bernice Liu, Shirley Yeung, Selina Li, Sharon Chan, Linda Chung.. am I missing anyone? It's not that Leila is super beautiful. It's just that among TVB actresses, there's not really much to compete with her.

Hmm I actually think Selena Li is comparable to Leila in terms of looks. From certain angles I would say she is even prettier than Leila. But I agree, there are not of actress in TVB at the moment who I would deem as beautiful. I believe Tavia's looks is a bit overrated. A lot of fans think she's absolutely gorgeous but from my point of view she's just average looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deci16
    Hmm I actually think Selena Li is comparable to Leila in terms of looks. From certain angles I would say she is even prettier than Leila. But I agree, there are not of actress in TVB at the moment who I would deem as beautiful. I believe Tavia's looks is a bit overrated. A lot of fans think she's absolutely gorgeous but from my point of view she's just average looking.
    Yes, I agree. I actually think Selena Li is prettier than Leila. Leila is cute and pretty, but she still looks very young. I don't really think Tavia is beautiful as well.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girly
    Liu Yi Fei ( cant act and cant sing , but cute )
    Ruby Lin ( always same expression on her face)
    Myolie Wu ( over rated...there much better actress than her )
    Tavia Yeung ( I cant stand seeing her on screen, so annoying)
    Raine Yang ( she cant act at all I think she should stick with singing)
    thank you! finally somebody dat i think alike. not only is she annoying, shes not even pretty! i dunno how shes so popular

**sorry to any travia fans, dats just how i feel. dont mean to offend ppl.

CHARMAINE SHEH: just average look girl w/ big nose - she got way overrated on the look and acting

Kim Tae Hee: Don't see any attractive in this girl - she's so normal, her eyes cross

LIU YI FEI: she's just cute, NOT pretty nor near Beautiful - way overrated for looking and inexperienced acting skill

Maggie CHeung: I just can't see the beauty in her look (Truong Man Ngoc)

Vicky Zhao: w/ big eyes like goldfish eyes - don't find any beauty at all

Bi (Rain): a lot of girls falling for this guy, to me, he's so NOT good looking guy. I wouldn't even look if he's on the street.

RUBY: another normal average look - nothing special
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

I think the prettiest Tvb actress is probably Maggie Cheung, though she's not really in Tvb anymore. Another one is Noel Leung. Yeah, the new generation really isn't that good-looking. Tavia, Myolie, Charmaine, Leila, etc. look very average--people you could find on the streets easily. Actually Natalie Wong is not bad, though she gets really really small roles.

continue w/ the list

Jessica Hsuan - she's definitely below average look - she looks like a tomboy than a lady

Kenix - I don't see any beauty in her when she got some meat on or when she's as skinny as a stick - plan look
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I think the prettiest Tvb actress is probably Maggie Cheung, though she's not really in Tvb anymore. Another one is Noel Leung. Yeah, the new generation really isn't that good-looking. Tavia, Myolie, Charmaine, Leila, etc. look very average--people you could find on the streets easily. Actually Natalie Wong is not bad, though she gets really really small roles.
    I have to disagree.I don't think that you can find another Tavia on the streets easily imo!! Maggie Cheung is indeed pretty!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    There's definitely an obsession with big eyes. Every culture seems to like them, especially Koreans who naturally have smaller eyes but are heavily working towards promoting big-eyed actresses or changing their eyes surgically. I wonder where this idea came from hmm....

Anyone notice that actresses also like to open their eyes very wide?
    One explanation would be because big eyes is a "babyface" feature, which are features thought to be attractive because they elicit feelings of warmth and nurturance in perceivers (just like how we think babies, kittens and puppies are cute).

This obsession is particularly prevelant in Japan and recently Korea, where woman are encouraged to retain very childlike and demure qualities (fair skin, big eyes, small nose and lips, just like a baby).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Liu Yi Fei
    Ruby Lin
    Fan Bing Bing
    Liu Li Yang
    Carman Lee
    Kristy Yang
    Gigi Lai
    Leila Tong
    Sonija Kwok
    Tavia Yeung
    Myolie Wu
    Ada Choi
    Shirley Yeung
    Charmaine Sheh
    Vicky Zhao
    Kim Tae Hee
    Last edited by dark_knight; 07-19-07 at 09:09 PM.

Myolie Wu and Melissa Ng

I don't think Myolie is the stunning or feminine type, just not bad looking. As for Melissa, I don't like her beauty. Her face is too long and it makes her look awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuy Tien View Post
    continue w/ the list

Jessica Hsuan - she's definitely below average look - she looks like a tomboy than a lady

Kenix - I don't see any beauty in her when she got some meat on or when she's as skinny as a stick - plan look
    i think these actresses weren't famous because they are beautiful..it was the warmth and charisma that brought them to stardom. kenix was never named glamourously beautiful neither was Jessica. It's the roles that jessica plays that got the likes of the fans. I like Kenix for her warm soft characters. As for beauty, though she's not that beautiful but she has that sweet looking face that captures me.

Liu Yi Fei- I don't see how she's beautiful.
    Zhao Wei- I see how she's pretty, but I won't say that she's the prettiest or even close to it. Her big eyes, wide nose and thick lips always gave me a slight sense of deformity.
    Eva Huang- haha, I want to call her a horse face. I don't see how she's beautiful, unless you show me a heavily photoshopped, airbrushed and made-up eva huang.

Quote Originally Posted by TamNuong View Post
    Fan Bing Bing

Charmiane Sheh

Kenix Kwok

Gigi Lai
    Agree..but I will add Ruby, Jessica H, Carmen Lee in too. Just my opinion! They are overrated!
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Before I put in my two cents' worth, let me define the terms OVERRATED and BEAUTY for myself:

OVERRATED: When the fame is greater than what it actually is or the hype is more than what she deserves.

BEAUTY: A quality a person possess that makes you go 'Wow, she's beautiful!' and makes you stare without tearing your eyes away.

My bit:

Zhang Ziyi - Number one overrated in the beauty department. She's gorgeous with her good figure, gowns and make-up, but her face is not physically beautiful. Plain and refined face, but unquestionably flat and blunt features, which is made worse by the look of spite and ambition. Her smiles often look forced. The only redeemable feature in her beauty is her poise, queenly manners and the beauty which she possessed through undergoing adversity.

Song Hye Go - Quite pretty I must say, but not the number one beauty which every Korean and most Asians talk about. She has a special quality in her, but in terms of beauty, her face is a bit short, surgically enhanced lips lessened her beauty and her frame is not well-proportioned.

Charmaine Sheh - Overrated in TVB due to too much hype. She's quite presentable, and looks OK with make-up. I find she lacks natural beauty and radiance to be a true beauty.

Gigi Lai - There's not that much hype about her beauty, but I'd say her beauty is still overrated because make-up aside, she's not beautiful at all. She sure looks a lot better compared to first starting out. But the frame of her face is a bit weird, or should I say the lack of a defined face structure and strong cheekbones cause her lack of beauty. Her chin is too converged, I find.

AND any actress who doesn't look good without make-up and those who look bad being anorexic

Actresses I find beautiful and rightly rated:
    Michelle Reis
    Yammie Lam Kit Ying
    Michelle Yim (Mi Xue)
    Xu Qing
    Liu Xiao Qing
    Ning Jing
    He Qing
    Anne Hathaway
    Sophia Loren
    Viven Leigh
    Audrey Hepburn
    Ava Gardner
    Julia Ormond
    Monica Bellucci
    Fukada Kyoko (more on the cute side)
    Ryoko Shinohara
    (some Bollywood actresses like Aishwarya Rai)

Actors/male celebs I find beautiful or at least good-looking:
    Gackt Camui
    Yoshiki Hayashi
    Huang Xiaoming
    Alloys Chen Kun
    Ryan Phillipe
    Jude Law
    Clark Gable
    Louis Jourdan (from Gigi)
    Shar Rukh Khan (charisma make him look beautiful)