Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1187

Thread: Tennis

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    lol I got that one.

    So, do enlighten me on who you would consider "good looking."


    Aussie accent is one of the few I can't imitate very well. I'll take your word on the accent, but oh yes, a cute accent is not nearly as attractive if it doesn't accompany a handsome face.
    awwww.....that's such a shallow comment, sparky dear. Who knows, u might be hypnotized by the sexy Aussie accent to overlook any shortcomings.

    Anyhow, I find that beauty's in the eyes of the beholder bc Heath Ledger’s definitely not good looking, even with the Aussie accent!

    and, what's up with the Williams sista? They're so old news!

  2. #222
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Aussie accent is one of the few I can't imitate very well. I'll take your word on the accent, but oh yes, a cute accent is not nearly as attractive if it doesn't accompany a handsome face.
    lol i find it annoying when ppl say i have an aussie accent - im so unpatriotic when it comes to Australia!
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  3. #223
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    awwww.....that's such a shallow comment, sparky dear. Who knows, u might be hypnotized by the sexy Aussie accent to overlook any shortcomings.
    Bella dear, don't be too harsh on Sparky's superficial comment. Her standard isn't high to start with - given her preference for Lleyton Hewitt's looks
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  4. #224
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    when gonzo blew the first set i knew federer was going to win in straight sets
    of course, he has to win the slam without dropping a set

    Now, let's all pray that Nadal gets knocked out in the French Open

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    hey - did u guys c the interview with roddick after his loss to federer? it was real funny...
    yea, i have to say, it was more interesting than the match, which was totally one sided

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I know, I'm gifted in the humour area. I don't think I'll be able to garner more laughs though, if I were to mention that my fave active tennis player is Juan Carlos Ferrero?
    he is admittedly not bad looking... compared to Lleyton... sheesh... how can you compare Hewitt with Federer

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    You're the one who thinks Federer is hot. I'm not denying that Federer is one of the best tennis players, but in the looks department I think I'll go with someone else.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...er_Federer.jpg
    well, i did admit he looks a bit dorky when he smiles... but as i said before, it's sweet and endearing, and he looks cute. When he's not smiling, ie on court, he is h-o-t

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Nadal leaves something to be desired.
    yea, new underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Federer, on the other hand, is below Andy Roddick looks-wise. He has a gargantuan, protruding nose.
    Ok, his nose is not the best feature, but despite that, he is definitely hotter than any other male tennis player on tour that i know of.

    I mean, compare the players physically, Federer's body is hotter than any other player on tour, including Nadal.

    Then compare the way they play- Federer plays beautifully. very graceful compared to say, Lleyton Hewitt and also Andy Roddick, who er, seems to fall over occasionally

    Now let's compare talent- federer wins hands down

    Now lets compare charisma. Lleyton is one of the few players that IMO have zilch on this one. Federer beats out any other player here too.

    I guess Lleyton wins on better english...

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    awwww.....that's such a shallow comment, sparky dear. Who knows, u might be hypnotized by the sexy Aussie accent to overlook any shortcomings.
    Bella dear, with celebrities or sporting figures all you can be is shallow. It's not like I personally know them, so I can't judge them on personality. As for my comment, part of a healthy relationship is being physically attracted to the person. Shallowless is necessary to a degree. But if comparing nice + ugly to mean + hot, I would pick the nice + ugly person.

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    Heath Ledger’s definitely not good looking
    I was thinking the exact same thing after I saw 10 Things I Hate About You, but then I saw The Patriot...and then VOILA - I love Heath Ledger (not as much as Guo Pinchao).

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    lol i find it annoying when ppl say i have an aussie accent - im so unpatriotic when it comes to Australia!
    I know your loyalty is pledged towards the Alpha Centauri, and Australia is just a temporary dwelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    he is admittedly not bad looking... compared to Lleyton... sheesh... how can you compare Hewitt with Federer
    Well, if it floats your boat, Federer almost always beats Hewitt, so I suppose neither party cares who is better looking.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Ok, his nose is not the best feature
    It is a very protruding feature, so with my lack of attention span, it distracts me from his other features. I do agree with you that he looks a whole lot better when he is not smiling, but still not as good looking as Juan Carlos Ferrero.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Now lets compare charisma. Lleyton is one of the few players that IMO have zilch on this one.
    That I do agree on. COME ON!! and the whole aggressiveness. Not to mention that comment he made when he played James Blake...quite detracting. I think highly of Federer as a tennis player, but his looks do not suit my taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Then compare the way they play- Federer plays beautifully. very graceful compared to say, Lleyton Hewitt and also Andy Roddick, who er, seems to fall over occasionally
    lol Andy Roddick...I think the first moment I saw him on TV he was throwing his racket around, so never quite got a good impression. Federer does play beautifully...very rhythmic.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  6. #226
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think highly of Federer as a tennis player

    Federer does play beautifully...very rhythmic.
    well that's good enough for me. Looks are subjective, for me Federer is the best looking player on tour and he's the only one that makes my heart throb

    although i have to say, putting a poll on Lleyton Hewitt vs Roger Federer based on looks would definitely still have Federer coming out on top, like he always does

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    well that's good enough for me. Looks are subjective, for me Federer is the best looking player on tour and he's the only one that makes my heart throb
    0-0-0 dear, you are one smitten chick. I don't think any guy I don't know personally has ever made my heart throb...closest is Guo Pinchao, and with him all I do is tell everyone about his really really good looks

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    although i have to say, putting a poll on Lleyton Hewitt vs Roger Federer based on looks would definitely still have Federer coming out on top, like he always does
    Based on looks? Maybe if it was based on nose size...
    Although Lleyton's court personality detracts from his overall image...I'll have to reconsider this.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  8. #228
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I know your loyalty is pledged towards the Alpha Centauri, and Australia is just a temporary dwelling.
    ROFL! you're right! thank you for reminding me.. i was slipping for a moment. BTW, I have not received your latest donation to the Alpha Centauri Fund? you do want Dylan Guo to be there waiting for you, yes?
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  9. #229
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    0-0-0 dear, you are one smitten chick. I don't think any guy I don't know personally has ever made my heart throb...closest is Guo Pinchao, and with him all I do is tell everyone about his really really good looks
    there is hope for 0-0-0 after all
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  10. #230
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    with him all I do is tell everyone about his really really good looks
    yea, well i tried that didn't i, and it didn't work too well -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Based on looks? Maybe if it was based on nose size...
    It's not his best feature, but it doesn't detract from everything else that is good about him, whether it be talent or looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Although Lleyton's court personality detracts from his overall image...I'll have to reconsider this.
    Even though i don't agree, I can understand people thinking Safin/Roddick being better looking than Federer, but Lleyton? You are out of your mind

  11. #231
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    LOL, 2 Sisters, you two comparing the looks of Lleyton and Federer made me roll on the floor laughing. As a neutral fan as I am, I think they are about equal in outward appearance. Lleyton has an audacious and a rough face whereas Federer has the biggest nose of all time amongst tennis players ever, his eyes are rather small as well.
    Lleyton: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...itt_ap_270.jpg
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  12. #232
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    LOL, 2 Sisters, you two comparing the looks of Lleyton and Federer made me roll on the floor laughing.
    yea, i agree. it's a laughable matter. Anyone who watches the two play will say that Federer is CLEARLY hotter than Hewitt. PLUS, Sparky herself admitted that Hewitt had no charisma! I reckon Fernando Gonzalez is pretty charismatic as well, (but i digress )

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Lleyton has an audacious and a rough face

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    whereas Federer has the biggest nose of all time amongst tennis players ever, his eyes are rather small as well.
    ok, you need to get your eyes checked. Federer's nose is not THE biggest. It's not the nicest nose around, but it's pretty normal... seriously Besides, a person is not defined by their nose and good looking people don't always have great noses.

    His eyes are not small i mean, i can understand criticism of his nose, but his eyes are nice

  13. #233
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    yea, i agree. it's a laughable matter. Anyone who watches the two play will say that Federer is CLEARLY hotter than Hewitt. PLUS, Sparky herself admitted that Hewitt had no charisma! I reckon Fernando Gonzalez is pretty charismatic as well, (but i digress )





    ok, you need to get your eyes checked. Federer's nose is not THE biggest. It's not the nicest nose around, but it's pretty normal... seriously Besides, a person is not defined by their nose and good looking people don't always have great noses.

    His eyes are not small i mean, i can understand criticism of his nose, but his eyes are nice
    juss curious, are u in love with federer? LOL
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  14. #234
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    juss curious, are u in love with federer? LOL
    i don't know about "in love" but i certainly do like him very much

  15. #235
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    There's a double standard here. No-one says anything when everyone drools over actors like Huang Xiao Ming, Jimmy Lin and Alec Su... what's wrong with drooling over Federer?

    I wish i had time to make a better avatar, but just to get the point across...

  16. #236
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    duplication... needs to be deleted.
    thanks Mods in advance.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 01-29-07 at 05:01 AM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  17. #237
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    the oscillation frequency of the images in your new avatar makes me feel dizzy.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  18. #238
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    the oscillation frequency of the images in your new avatar makes me feel dizzy.
    yea, i'm sorry about that, but i needed to have some action in it. A lot of Federer photos aren't all that flattering on close up because they're either of him smiling dorkily, or they're of him playing, and you know, they don't always look fab when they play, although Federer's facial expressions are the nicest of the players i've seen on slow motion replay

  19. #239
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    yea, i'm sorry about that, but i needed to have some action in it. A lot of Federer photos aren't all that flattering on close up because they're either of him smiling dorkily, or they're of him playing, and you know, they don't always look fab when they play, although Federer's facial expressions are the nicest of the players i've seen on slow motion replay
    Lol, if his looks is pretty gorgeous in slow motion as you think, I think there'll be no problem if you reduce the flash frequency of ur avatar.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  20. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    what do u see in federer lol... he looks like an average guy, just has a built body
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Similar Threads

  1. The Prince of Tennis 2008
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-08, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •