Thread: Tennis

  1. #441
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    touch wood. i'd love to bet as well, except i dunno wat to put up for stakes.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  2. #442
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    arite if both nadal and federer reach the finals at wimbledon, im willing to bet that nadal will win.

    the bet price: lyf's avatar for a year

    deal?
    wah, that stake is too high. How about 4-5 months?

    anyway, you know which one i'll end up giving you.

    http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6372/avlunar3nw2.gif
    http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2429/avlunar4zs8.gif

    they're gorgeous, i know.


    Anyway, lunar will be the only one betting against federer, so he's the only one that will have to sport this avatar.

    alternatively, you can look up phoenix_aquarius 's avatar. Stakes there were "forever"


    Federer almost 'cruised' past Safin, which is nice to know, since it's a pretty tough matchup (oh god, aus open semifinal, 5th set 9-7 or something)

  3. #443
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    wah, that stake is too high. How about 4-5 months?

    anyway, you know which one i'll end up giving you.

    http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6372/avlunar3nw2.gif
    http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2429/avlunar4zs8.gif

    they're gorgeous, i know.


    Anyway, lunar will be the only one betting against federer, so he's the only one that will have to sport this avatar.

    alternatively, you can look up phoenix_aquarius 's avatar. Stakes there were "forever"


    Federer almost 'cruised' past Safin, which is nice to know, since it's a pretty tough matchup (oh god, aus open semifinal, 5th set 9-7 or something)
    wow dat means if lunar won, we'll all have to sport LYF avatar?? god, like she doesn't already have enough publicity.. lol.. but that so won't be happening ^^
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  4. #444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    I think whoever loses should sport my "Federer nose" avatar. That way, no matter what, someone can sport my lovely creation.

    CHEERS FOR JUAN CARLOS FERRERO!!!
    I'm just going to be totally unrealistic about this and hope JC Ferrero wins
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  5. #445
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

    I'm totally hoping Soderling will finish Nadal off.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  6. #446
    Senior Member sfccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

    I'm totally hoping Soderling will finish Nadal off.
    it's definitely not looking good for him................................

  7. #447
    Member PersonalAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    I'm totally hoping Soderling will finish Nadal off.
    Well, unfortunately for you Nadal won that match.

  8. #448
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    yes. on the bright side though, Andy Roddick won his fourth round as well. but too bad we won't be able to see a Federer- Roddick final.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  9. #449
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    nadal was lucky that youzny got injured anyway there's no way he is making it past berdych

  10. #450
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    talk about being lucky... it is federer
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  11. #451
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    talk about being lucky... it is federer
    LOL - well, Federer did get a taste. His current match was suspended as well.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  12. #452
    Member PersonalAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    70

    Default

    -Andy Roddick lost to Richard Gasquet!

    -Justine Henin lost to Marion Bartoni (I think thats how you spell her name)!!!

    Now that my favorite player (Henin) is out, I don't really feel like watching the women's finals.

  13. #453
    Senior Member sfccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Justine lost................................. now I don't care who wins as long as it's not Venus, I want Federer to win also.......................

  14. #454
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    Justine lost................................. now I don't care who wins as long as it's not Venus, I want Federer to win also.......................
    can't believe she lost.. sighs..

    federer is going to win, just wait and see!! hehee
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  15. #455
    Senior Member sfccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    I wish they would rebroadcast the Henin match, I was at work.....................they keep showing the Roddick, Nadal, and Federer match.

  16. #456
    Senior Member Sourplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SYD, AU
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    Justine lost................................. now I don't care who wins as long as it's not Venus, I want Federer to win also.......................
    Oh, c'mon now, what's with that attitude? I think Bartoli deserved it; she played hard and won fair and square. I really admire how she was able to break back from what seemed in the first set, to be a comfortable win for Justine. I think we should be congratulating Bartoli, win or lose. A lot of people underestimated her and laughed when they heard her say she thought she could win it. I guess that's why I'm such a fan of underdogs. Anyway, it'll be interesting tonight... I'm putting my money on Bartoli, but Venus' gameplay IS brutal.

  17. #457
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    still, I am dissapointed that Justine lost....
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  18. #458
    Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    562

    Default

    another federer-nadal final...I can't believe Djokovic retired. who thinks nadal can beat federer this time on grass?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

  19. #459
    Senior Member sfccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Oh, c'mon now, what's with that attitude? I think Bartoli deserved it; she played hard and won fair and square. I really admire how she was able to break back from what seemed in the first set, to be a comfortable win for Justine. I think we should be congratulating Bartoli, win or lose. A lot of people underestimated her and laughed when they heard her say she thought she could win it. I guess that's why I'm such a fan of underdogs. Anyway, it'll be interesting tonight... I'm putting my money on Bartoli, but Venus' gameplay IS brutal.

    I only got an attitude because I never got to see the Justine Bartoli match, I hope you didn't put too much $$$$$$ on Bartoli, she lost, and I hope Federer wins..................


    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    still, I am dissapointed that Justine lost....
    ditto.

    Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    another federer-nadal final...I can't believe Djokovic retired. who thinks nadal can beat federer this time on grass?
    anything is possible, but I guess we will see tomorrow morning, go Federer.

  20. #460
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    alright bet is on! lyf avatar for a year! federer vs nadal! GO NADAL!
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

Similar Threads

  1. The Prince of Tennis 2008
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-08, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts