Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Tennis is fun. I have never gotten any lessons so my form is horrible but I like playing. I can't even serve "properly."

Playing tennis hurts my elbow, wrist, and thumb. I actually wear a batting glove on my hand when I play tennis cuz otherwise I get blisters on my thumb. It looks kinda retarded but hey I am blister-free. I got a nasty sunburn on my upper back this weekend from playing in the sun too. Wore a tanktop and failed to reach low enough when applying sunblock to my neck/upper back area.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    oh god, i bet they're gonna axed it within a few weeks because it's only slightly better than big brother... lollllll (did u see the look on his face when he knew that woman is 40+.. HAHAHHAHAHA)
    It started in the U.S. a few weeks ago, at first he only meets the older women (and doesn't know about the younger girls yet) and is like "wtf?" and he looked like he wanted to cry. But after he talked to the older women he started to really like them and enjoyed their company. Then he was introduced to the younger girls (most of them are really ditzy and conceited) and said that he missed the older women. The show has had really low ratings so far, so I won't be surprised if they cancel it.

btw, what did everyone think about the hawk eye technology?? to me, it's like a pain in the ***.. lol all because it was picking on fed last night.. i wonder if it is actually accurate cos i tot most of the ball were out and then the stupid hawkeye says it's in.. afterall it's just computer generated image.. can't they come up with something better, using real images perhaps.. makes it much more convincing
    I don't really like the hawk eye technology. It's 90% accurate, but that still leaves a 10% margin of error.

flyingfox2002, perhaps playing with a lighter racquet might help to minimize wrist, elbow pain. To avoid blister, it's a good idea to waer two pair of socks, the inner one should be thin (cotton). I have been playing tennis for a while, so yes tan and sunburn is inevitable especially with southern california weather.

If i'm not mistaken, Federer tied with Borg for 5 consecutive Wimbledon champions, if believe it will be difficult for him to win at next year Wimbledon with Nadal, and Novak Djokovic in the draw.

Next up is US Open, and it will be very very interesting.......especially for young players like Djokovic, Gasque, Murray, and Nadal
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalAngel View Post
    It started in the U.S. a few weeks ago, at first he only meets the older women (and doesn't know about the younger girls yet) and is like "wtf?" and he looked like he wanted to cry. But after he talked to the older women he started to really like them and enjoyed their company. Then he was introduced to the younger girls (most of them are really ditzy and conceited) and said that he missed the older women. The show has had really low ratings so far, so I won't be surprised if they cancel it.
    lolllll.. that look on his face would have been classic.. why is he embarrassing himself on national TV.. well, global TV.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalAngel View Post
    I don't really like the hawk eye technology. It's 90% accurate, but that still leaves a 10% margin of error.
    wow, 10% is a lot, i tot the margin of error usually need to be lower than 5% to prove that system beneficial...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Tennis is fun. I have never gotten any lessons so my form is horrible but I like playing. I can't even serve "properly."
    I have problems playing tennis too. When you play badminton and switch over to tennis, what happens is you serve, decide to snap your wrist as you do in badminton, and voila! OUCH. I'm alright on forehand, backhand, but i can't do overheads/serves without snapping my wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    Next up is US Open, and it will be very very interesting.......especially for young players like Djokovic, Gasque, Murray, and Nadal
    Ah, US open, finally a final i can watch (albeit at 5:30 am in the morning, which is still more convenient than 3am at night)

nadal hasn't proven himself at US open yet, and last year, he won french, lost wimbledon and then got knocked out quarters i think of US, so let's see how it goes this year.

Of the new, uprising stars you mentioned up there, Murray is the only one i'm particularly inclined towards. Nadal and Djokovic both come off as really arrogant and too competitive at times
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 07-11-07 at 05:32 AM.

0-0-0 u said if i sing a song, i can remov ethis avatar? i will do it!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

someone needs to update this thread. btw, seems like Djokovic manage to defeat both Federer and Nadal in the Rogers Cup final.
    But it seems like Federer is doing well now in Cincinnati Masters whereas both Djokovic and Nadal is out.

Makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with Nadal....
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

well the US Open is comming soon!
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    someone needs to update this thread. btw, seems like Djokovic manage to defeat both Federer and Nadal in the Rogers Cup final.
    But it seems like Federer is doing well now in Cincinnati Masters whereas both Djokovic and Nadal is out.

Makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with Nadal....
    Djokovic is the first person to defeat both Nadal and Federer in the same tournament!! My.. US open is going to be interesting
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Djokovic is the first person to defeat both Nadal and Federer in the same tournament!! My.. US open is going to be interesting
    dont worry, nadal will kill both djokovic and federer in the US open

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    ah U wish!!! better be prepared to sing 0-0-0's sailormoon song!!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Oh god i dislike Djokovic so much- his attitude is second only to Nadal's "let me just pick at my pants"

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Oh god i dislike Djokovic so much- his attitude is second only to Nadal's "let me just pick at my pants"
    reli?/ never reli seen him play.. he's now world third.. must be so proud of it.. why does it seem like most tennis players are kind of stuck up?? Roddick is friendly right?/ lol..he seems so.. lol..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

ah U wish!!! better be prepared to sing 0-0-0's sailormoon song!!
    hahaha. another bet huh.....btw Lunar, I never knew wat was the song u sang to get rid of the LYF avatar.....can i hv a copy?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    hahaha. another bet huh.....btw Lunar, I never knew wat was the song u sang to get rid of the LYF avatar.....can i hv a copy?
    lol.. it's in here
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=704227

he sang 'so sick'
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

lol.. it's in here
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=704227

he sang 'so sick'
    and it reached no. 1 on the charts

Djokovic is number 3?

Well federer slaughtered him in the quarter finals of the Australian Open after Djokovic's cocky "i'm going to beat federer"

All words, no actions.

Well, i guess it is slightly better than the other extreme "i am playing against the best player in history and will only win if he has a very bad day and i have a very good one." It seems lots of players take this attitude towards Federer.

and it reached no. 1 on the charts

Djokovic is number 3?

Well federer slaughtered him in the quarter finals of the Australian Open after Djokovic's cocky "i'm going to beat federer"

All words, no actions.

Well, i guess it is slightly better than the other extreme "i am playing against the best player in history and will only win if he has a very bad day and i have a very good one." It seems lots of players take this attitude towards Federer.
    lol, nadal's attitude is "i am going to win no matter what on clay and 50/50 on grass"

lol, nadal's attitude is "i am going to win no matter what on clay and 50/50 on grass"
    No, Nadal's attitude is "i'll wear tight clothes to look good (and he doesn't), although this could potentially mean picking at my pants every new point."

No, Nadal's attitude is "i'll wear tight clothes to look good (and he doesn't), although this could potentially mean picking at my pants every new point."

i cant wait til federer loses