Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    he is pretty good... but federer is better
    orly
    I still remember Federer blowing the Australian Open semi finals against marat Safin %D. Biggest comeback ever

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    orly
    I still remember Federer blowing the Australian Open semi finals against marat Safin %D. Biggest comeback ever
    ahh... don't even mention that match! It was horrifying and very painful for me to watch

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Nadal is Federer tennis rival. Nadal beat Fed 6/8 matches. Nadal is getting better every year. He did so well in Wimbledon. Once he get use to grass court, Fed will be in big trouble.

yes, but we musn't forget that Fed is improvin as well. he gave Nadal a hard time in Roland Garros finals. just as Nadal is getting better on grasscourt, so is Fed on claycourt.
    Nadal may be the king on clay, but 1 day he's gonna be beaten. n i do hope tat it's Fed who beats him there.
    but of course, crazy's rite. chances are that Nadal will grab Wimbledon from Fed's hands one day. i can't wait for next year's Wimbledon!
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

HOLY, I didn't know there's a little thread devoted to TENNIS? That's wonderful. It's a pity this sport isn't as popular as other sports.

Favorite male players: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Marat Safin. I'm so torned when they have to play each other. But it's always a win-win situation for me.

Favorite female players: Steffi Graf (although retired, she's the BEST EVER on my list), Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantuchova.

I'll be attending the US Open again this year. I love opening day. I always attend the first 2 day sessions, it's awesome, you get to see everyone.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 07-17-06 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    I'll be attending the US Open again this year. I love opening day. I always attend the first 2 day sessions, it's awesome, you get to see everyone.
    Lucky! there are no prestigious tournament where i live
    Well, at least none that Federer plays in

Lucky! there are no prestigious tournament where i live
    Well, at least none that Federer plays in
    Buy plane tickets to melbourne.
    And also book an hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Buy plane tickets to melbourne.
    And also book an hotel.
    i would rather go watch wimbledon... better chance of seeing him play in the final there

i would rather go watch wimbledon... better chance of seeing him play in the final there
    If you get tickets to opening rounds, you get to see everyone. I love to see them on practice courts. They are about 10 feet from you! The experience is so surreal. And you get to see up close just how fast they whack each balls. And you get to see them walk from the waiting area to the main arena.

Which racquets do you guys use? I've been in love with the Head Liquidmetal Prestige MP for over 1 1/2 years. I've been switching racquets before that from the Prince Diablo to the Wilson 90 Pro Tour to the Wilson nCode Tour. It was great when I found the Prestige racquets. They've now replaced that with the new Flexpoint, but I'm sticking with my Liquidmetal for now. It's just too expensive at $180 a pop. My 2 Prestige racquets weren't that cheap either. Perhaps one of the downside about Tennis is that it cost way too much money.

If you get tickets to opening rounds, you get to see everyone. I love to see them on practice courts. They are are about 10 feet from you! The experience is so surreal. And you get to see up close just how fast they whack each balls. And you get to see them walk from the waiting area to the main arena.
    i feel like i'm missing out on so much
    let me list my favourite players and you can tell me if you've seen them or not

Federer

Default My Federer Experience

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to watch Federer. For about 30 minutes.

I then spent five hours sitting in Wimbledon's cafe waiting for the rain to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to watch Federer. For about 30 minutes.

I then spent five hours sitting in Wimbledon's cafe waiting for the rain to stop.
    lol, bad timing

you saw federer play in wimbledon? *very jealous*
    even if it was only half an hour

Andy Roddick has the best first serve when its accurate.

i feel like i'm missing out on so much
    let me list my favourite players and you can tell me if you've seen them or not

Federer
    Sure thing. List them all. But so far off the top of my head, I've either seen them practicing or at an actual match in the U.S. Open event:

Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi, Michael Chang, Pete Sampras, Jim Courier, Goran Ivan..., Monica Seles, Sabatini, Patrick Rafter, McEnroe, Jennifer Capriati, Roger Federer, Sharapova, Hantuchova, Martina Hingis, Martina Navratilova, Lindsay Davenport, Williams sisters, Roddick, Hewitt, Clijsters, Henin, Kutsnetsova, Dementieva, Marat Safin, Fernando Gonzalez, Paradorn, Sanchez Vicario, Guga Kuerten, Carlos Moya, Petrova, Safina, Coria, Todd Martin, Xavier Malisse...

That's all I can think of for now.

Actually for Steffi Graf, I never saw her play, but I attented her retiring ceremony when it was held in Madison Square Garden in 1999 during the WTA tour year end chamionships.

Holy cow, some of these tennis players are bigger and taller in person. I feel like a midget next to them.

Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi, Michael Chang...
    Wow, that is some list!

Besides my brief glimpse of Federer, others I've personally watched include Nadal and Sharapova. The latter is even louder on court than she is on TV.

Wow, that is some list!

Besides my brief glimpse of Federer, others I've personally watched include Nadal and Sharapova. The latter is even louder on court than she is on TV.
    Nadal is my next focus. I love the way he plays and the way he carries himself on and off the court.

holy cow, I saw Sharapova play on one of the outer courts before she was known, meaning before she won Wimbledon, and my oh my. It's a good thing I was wearing my contacts that day and not my glasses. That aside, she's still a very fun player to watch. After Steffi retired, the women's game was a bit boring to me with the Williams domination. Sharapova brought life back to the game and now with the rise of the Russian girls, Mauresmo, the Belgiums, the on and off Williams, hey, women's tennis is exciting again.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Wow, that is some list!

few years ago i had a chance to watch sharapova play tennis, but i turned it down to goto the beach because i didn't know who she was. im regretting it every single day since.
    the person that i really really wanna watch is hingis, shes my fav female tennis player. i was devastated when she retire.

did you need earmuffs then?

my favourite female player has been Martina Hingis for many years... too bad she retired, but now she's back now

women's tennis has always bored me a bit. It always comes across as a less exciting version of the men's game

did you need earmuffs then?

my favourite female player has been Martina Hingis for many years... too bad she retired, but now she's back now

women's tennis has always bored me a bit. It always comes across as a less exciting version of the men's game
    i thought so too...but maria brought it back. just like nadal. these two are exciting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i thought so too...but maria brought it back. just like nadal. these two are exciting to watch.
    i still don't like the women's game. I don't like watching Maria Sharapova play... actually, i don't like listening to her play. I'm ok with the sound off. Stops me from getting frustrated.

Of the mens players, i think the reason i like Federer so much is that he looks so smooth when he plays Very graceful

women's tennis bores me period.