Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i still don't like the women's game. I don't like watching Maria Sharapova play... actually, i don't like listening to her play. I'm ok with the sound off. Stops me from getting frustrated.
    are u kidding??? Sharapova is amusing to watch, and quite a turn on for some men...
    i bet shes a screamer in bed!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    are u kidding??? Sharapova is amusing to watch, and quite a turn on for some men...
    i bet shes a screamer in bed!!!! LOLOLOLOL
    trust you to turn an innocent conversation dirty!

yup yup, i can just imagine her squealing

trust you to turn an innocent conversation dirty!
    i think u can turn any conversation dirty - you just need to see the dirty side.
    it must be my exposure to Disney sexual innuendo movies

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    i think u can turn any conversation dirty - you just need to see the dirty side.
    it must be my exposure to Disney sexual innuendo movies
    i don't think disney is a powerful enough influence to turn any conversation dirty.
    I think it must be the tennis players (male) that play shirtless on the practice courts

i think i'll fly to melbourne one day

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    women's tennis bores me period.

yes. i rarely watch women's tennis. but i also hv my share of fav women players: hingis & henin hardenne.

wah - i am SOOO jealous of u guys who r able to watch the tournaments live.

really dissapointed with Hewitt n Roddick's recent perfomance. both of them r my fav men players (2nd n 3rd respectively after Federer!). really respect Nadal's playing..but somehow, he dun come high on my list :P i like Nalbandian n Baghdatis as well.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    yes. i rarely watch women's tennis. but i also hv my share of fav women players: hingis & henin hardenne.
    yea... hingis I grew up watching her play, so she's one of my favourite female players.

really respect Nadal's playing..but somehow, he dun come high on my list :P i like Nalbandian n Baghdatis as well.
    i think i stopped liking Nadal when i realised that he was starting to beat federer
    prior to their several meetings, Nadal was one of my favourite players

[/QUOTE]
    i think i stopped liking Nadal when i realised that he was starting to beat federer
    prior to their several meetings, Nadal was one of my favourite players[/QUOTE]

lol. guess tats one of the reason why i dun really like him as well.

another is tat his style is a bit too -how to say- erm, aggressive. he depends a lot on the power of his shot.

I recently subscribed to Interview Magazine, and yesterday I received my first issue, and what sweet surprise awaited me when I skimed down the front cover for the major articles covered...Roger Federer! Yeah baby. There's an article in there written by Billie Jean on the Fed man. How the heck he landed in Interview Mag beats me because it's usually reserved for artists, writers, directors, actors, singers, performers...

Then again, he also appeared in Vogue magazine twice, so anything goes when it comes to him. I suppose he's one of the rare celebrity who is able to transcend the sport of tennis into other facets of interests.

lol. guess tats one of the reason why i dun really like him as well.

another is tat his style is a bit too -how to say- erm, aggressive. he depends a lot on the power of his shot.
    nadal power shot? you're kidding right? nadal is weak(strength). fed has more power in his arms than nadal. nadal beat fed using his skills. if nadal had the same power as fed...fed would be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    nadal power shot? you're kidding right? nadal is weak(strength). fed has more power in his arms than nadal. nadal beat fed using his skills. if nadal had the same power as fed...fed would be in trouble.
    I don't think Nadal lacks strength at all. It's just he selects to hit his forehand with 3x more spin than anyone else on tour, which is what makes the shot a bit slower than Fed's. However, the ball takes a wicked bounce off the ground which makes striking it early a bit harder and that's where the money lies in Nadal's shot.

And more than anything I think Nadal depends on his legs to get to shots most other players won't even bother or don't have a chance to get to. I just worry that those legs aren't gonna last as long, and so he better develop a better serve and a decent volley so as to prolong his wish to stay in the top 5 for more years to come, especially if winning Wimbledon is his ultimate goal in tennis. His groundstrokes I'm not too worried about.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 07-25-06 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    I don't think Nadal lacks strength at all. It's just he selects to hit his forehand with 3x more spin than anyone else on tour, which is what makes the shot a bit slower than Fed's. However, the ball takes a wicked bounce off the ground which makes striking it early a bit harder and that's where the money lies in Nadal's shot
    ditto
    this is why Federer can beat Nadal on grass, but not on clay.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    If Safin and Roddick had proper brains too

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    If Safin and Roddick had proper brains too
    LOl, good one.

that's another reason why federer tends to win. He actually thinks!

LOl, good one.

that's another reason why federer tends to win. He actually thinks!
    ...and he is very calm and collected. most players are on par with each other physically, but it's what happens upstairs that will separate the best from the rest.

...and he is very calm and collected. most players are on par with each other physically, but it's what happens upstairs that will separate the best from the rest.
    yea... calm and collected except after he won the Australian open! i was so shocked to see him crying... it was kind of funny though afterwards. "i would like to thank Rod Laver for the *squeak* trophy"

yea... calm and collected except after he won the Australian open! i was so shocked to see him crying... it was kind of funny though afterwards. "i would like to thank Rod Laver for the *squeak* trophy"
    but that's not the first time he broke down in tears. when he won his first and second Wimbledon he broke down in tears. That's why I like him. He is not afraid to show the soft side of a man and that's sexy and what a true man should be. I hate the type of guys who are like "men should shed blood not tears." yeah, whatever, humans have emotions, and it's okay to let it out when the times call for it.

but that's not the first time he broke down in tears. when he won his first and second Wimbledon he broke down in tears. That's why I like him. He is not afraid to show the soft side of a man and that's sexy and what a true man should be. I hate the type of guys who are like "men should shed blood not tears." yeah, whatever, humans have emotions, and it's okay to let it out when the times call for it.
    haha...a new twist to our discussion...

anyway, juz hear tat anna kournikova might be coming back to the world of pro tennis. is that true? and what do u guys think about it?

haha...a new twist to our discussion...

anyway, juz hear tat anna kournikova might be coming back to the world of pro tennis. is that true? and what do u guys think about it?
    shes freakin useless... she should just go and do some other shite instead of recycling herself, trying to be a selleable product.

i know it's not the first time, but i was still horrified
    i like the fact that he's calm and collected on court, and thinks more than most other players do. That's why i never particularly liked Safin. I mean, sure he was entertaining, and not bad looking, but he was never as attractive as Federer in terms of his game.

she could have been good, if she actually focused on tennis

tennis is a very fun sport...lol.
    ADY AN YI XUAN IS SO CUTE!!!<3
    you must agree with me!!!