Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

At the end. In effect, since the rankings take place over a 'year,' his results from this year's US Open replaces his result from last year's US Open.

So technically yes, even if he does win the US Open, he would still lose ground, since Nadal did better in this year's US Open then he did in last year's, so he will gain points equivalent to the difference between this year and last, where, if Federer wins, his point total will remain unchanged.

It'd be interesting to see how long Nadal holds it. I expect till the next Wimbleton.

Thanks for the explanation. I read somewhere on the internet last night that IF Federer wins US Open, there's still hope for him to reclaim #1 spot by the end of the year. But if he loses again, then well, who knows...

Andy Murray suxs, looking like a noob in the final. His poor performance spoiled the tournament. Had Nadal played this morning Federer would've been toast.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    Andy Murray suxs, looking like a noob in the final. His poor performance spoiled the tournament. Had Nadal played this morning Federer would've been toast.
    That's asking a lot from someone who was spanked by Murray in the semifinals.

It's not like Nadal didn't even have a chance to play Federer. He just had to take care of business against the #4 ranked player in the world, and he couldn't do it.

I bet you didn't watch the Wimbledon and Roland Garros finals, otherwise you'd have been able to see how feared of Nadal Federer was. ATM Nadal and Federer are on a different level compared to the rest. Sometimes players like Murray, Joker may manage to win 1 or 2 matches but that almost doesn't mean anything. They'll still have a very long and winding road ahead to run if they wanna catch up with those 2.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

If losing in an epic 5 setter at Wimbledon is 'fearing' Nadal, then I want to fear Nadal.

Everyone knows Nadal is practically unbeatable on red clay. The surface is slow as moonturf, and Nadal might be the best grinder in the history of the game. Put those two together, and it's not surprising that he was able to dominate it.

Wimbledon's surface is now slower than the US Open. It's a real crime what they've done to the place. The surface used to be the fastest and most dynamic of all of the surfaces and now it plays like a slow hardcourt with funny bounces. Again, this plays to Nadal's advantage, as his topspin groundstrokes are incredibly hard to return on the grass.

But this whole point is moot. If Nadal wanted to beat Federer, he should have beat Murray. Instead, he got his butt kicked. It would likely have been straight sets if not for the Hurricane.

bleh that was some boring final. murray had NO chance. what happened to all the "murray would give federer his best match..." stuff
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    If losing in an epic 5 setter at Wimbledon is 'fearing' Nadal, then I want to fear Nadal.

Everyone knows Nadal is practically unbeatable on red clay. The surface is slow as moonturf, and Nadal might be the best grinder in the history of the game. Put those two together, and it's not surprising that he was able to dominate it.

Wimbledon's surface is now slower than the US Open. It's a real crime what they've done to the place. The surface used to be the fastest and most dynamic of all of the surfaces and now it plays like a slow hardcourt with funny bounces. Again, this plays to Nadal's advantage, as his topspin groundstrokes are incredibly hard to return on the grass.

But this whole point is moot. If Nadal wanted to beat Federer, he should have beat Murray. Instead, he got his butt kicked. It would likely have been straight sets if not for the Hurricane.

Yap, I agree with you. Federer has not had any luck against Nadal at French Open so far. But Wimbledon is totally another story. That was a very very close game between those two players. If Federer was truly feared Nadal, then he would've lost more easily.

I want to see more Murray. He looked promising in the semi when he kicked Nadal's butt. It would be interesting to see Murray-Federer play when both players are on their best forms.

Yep, saying that Federer fears Nadal is exaggerating but since the one-sided latest French Open final he obviously has become considerably less self-confident against Nadal and other players. Maybe after this US Open title he'll be able to regain his power. As for Murray, no offence to anyone, regardless of how talented he is, I still think he sucks cause he still lacks the headstrong mentality and experience of a champion, something that Nadal, just 1 year older than Murray, has plenty of.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Interesting. I was wondering why Nadal is fairing better on the grass than on hardcourt (which I percieve as slower of the two courts). Any reason why they are slowing the grass down in Wimbleton?

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

for some reason, Nadal has place more importance on grass court aka Wimbledon. He seems more keen on beating Federer (and sucessfully did so as well) there compare to the US Open
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    for some reason, Nadal has place more importance on grass court aka Wimbledon. He seems more keen on beating Federer (and sucessfully did so as well) there compare to the US Open
    It's not that he places more 'importance' on Grass, but that his game is better suited for grass.

The grass only makes his topspin return harder to hit. Federer already has trouble with Nadal's topspin groundstrokes, so he has additional trouble on Grass. Notice that he commits a lot more errors when he plays Nadal, because 1.) he has to gamble more often in order to beat Nadal because Nadal can run around like a rabbit and return hits no one else can and 2.) Nadal's topspin forces Federer into bad shots.

Furthermore, the grass nowadays at Wimbledon is just slower. I don't know why it's slower. My guess is that, with new and better racket technology, if they allowed the grass court to remain as fast as it was in the 90s, points would be over in two or three hits. The old grass court of Sampras's day was very different. Most players would serve and volley, and put away points in just a few strokes. Nowadays, most people slug it out from behind the baseline, even at Wimbledon, and volleyers seem to be a dying breed.

So it's not that Nadal seems to put more emphasis on Wimbledon, it just seems that Nadal's game is better suited there. He's just not that great at hardcourts. Remember, he got waxed by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga earlier this year at the Australian Open.

Tsonga. Such a legend. I wanted to be in Melbourne to watch him play.

Default Re: Tennis

Sports is my fashion. Especially I like Tennis. Tennis is a interesting game. In my school days participated that game, I am really enjoyed the play that days. So always I like Tennis.
    ------------
    Nadhiya
    Fortune Digital

Um, Aus open is on right now. No one cares?

I watch it whenever I can....

So far the men's top 4 are still doing great....Go Fed!!

Women's side just lost Jankovich.....I don't watch the women matches at all...really dont't know who to root for...maybe Safina?

im waiting for someone to upset federer so i can rub it in 0-0-0's face

Why upset Federer? I wanna see him overtake Sampras in the # of Grand Slams won!!

BTW your avatar is pretty hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    Why upset Federer? I wanna see him overtake Sampras in the # of Grand Slams won!!

BTW your avatar is pretty hawt.
    u should check out my hot girls album in my profile

but im an anti federer fan, so i hope he doesnt overtake sampras nadal on the otherhand should.... hehehehe