Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Obviously. If the top woman played on the ATP tour, she'd get nothing but bagels (not saying too much when your #1 ranked player is Jankovic). Simply too much speed and power on the ATP tour for them to compete.

In fact, the entire "Eastern Bloc" of women's tennis is pretty sad right now. Most of them are terrible chokers, and it's really sad when Serena, a shadow of her vintage self, can still intimidate them and push them out of Grand Slams.

Fernando was rifling 130+ mph serves into the 5th set and painting the corners. Each of those serves would have exceeded the all-time record for the women's game.

Helluva a match between Rafa and Fernando, but as expected, Fernando choked the game away at the end.

I find Nadal extremely boring. His game is to run around and fetch more balls than the ball boys. The fun of tennis, to me, is shot making, and Nadal's only one step better than a marathon runner with an oversized racket the size of Texas.
    it's his way of playing haha, he'll wear your *** out if you play with him. In fact he's probably the ultimate weapon for the winner of the other bracket, shit, anyone who walks out a match with him will probably need a few weeks to recover.

I only watched the first set before I had to get ready & leave for work. Verdasco played pretty good, but sometimes he made stupid mistakes (in critical times, too).

I really root for him this morning, not just because I don't like Nadal, but because I genuinely liked him & wanted him to win. He had really smart hits that made Nadal just stood there helplessly.

Men's side really has tight competition. New & upcoming young players always ready to take over. I might like Verdasco more & more in the future, but I need to see him play more though.

Nadal and Verdasco's match was MAD!

Support Federer all the way....
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    Nadal and Verdasco's match was MAD!

Support Federer all the way....
    sry but nadal will DESTROY federer
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    it's his way of playing haha, he'll wear your *** out if you play with him. In fact he's probably the ultimate weapon for the winner of the other bracket, shit, anyone who walks out a match with him will probably need a few weeks to recover.
    Right, and it's precisely why I don't like him. As I said, in my opinion, Tennis should be about shot-making. Nadal makes very few shots. He had what? 5 winners in the first set? And keep in mind that Verdasco is not a great mover.

His court coverage is great, and he plays great defense. But it's just something really boring seeing someone run around and fetch more balls than the ball boys.

Wow, what a contrast to yesterday's match. <1/5 the length of yesterday's match, without 1/5th the excitement.

wow nadal/fed 3rd set in tie break right now

5 setter. Poor nadal. A ball boy can't be a ball boy when his legs were taken from him by his fellow spaniard.

NADAL!!!

US OPEN next!!

Eat spin federer fans.

Congrats to Nadal.

Great game for the first 4 sets....Federer not only lost to Nadal on the 5th set, but he also lost to himself.

You still can do it, Roger......as long as you believe in yourself.

damn top spins of Nadal. Fed will take the french

stayed up to 6am watching this game and just woke up NADAL VICTORIOUS now what did i say about federer

Seriously legendary that he pulled off another 5 setter, after facing an epic 5 setter only 1 resting day before. I know rafa is famous for his defensive capabilities, but as you see in that match he does have a wide array of shots. No Federer of course, but he relies more than just spin and fetch.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Seriously legendary that he pulled off another 5 setter, after facing an epic 5 setter only 1 resting day before. I know rafa is famous for his defensive capabilities, but as you see in that match he does have a wide array of shots. No Federer of course, but he relies more than just spin and fetch.

The fact is in most sport, if you can out run people you'll most likely win, especially in racket sports. Nadal got that running stuff down, that bastard is stupid quick.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

makes me feel like it's all brawn & no brain with that kind of playing.

I do admit that Nadal has significantly improved on his techniques, instead of just relying on wearing his opponents down. But I still don't like him!
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    makes me feel like it's all brawn & no brain with that kind of playing.

I do admit that Nadal has significantly improved on his techniques, instead of just relying on wearing his opponents down. But I still don't like him!
    like it or not, it is nadal's era now

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

I wouldn't say that exactly. Unlike Federer's dominance a few years ago where he's practically untouchable, the current era now consist of plenty of men players who are fighting to be at the top. Although he is at the top, Nadal still doesn't have the consistency that Federer had last time.

The women's side is even worse. None of the players are consistent enough.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Nadal and Fed both lost... wtf!!! o.O' well but too bad for the punters who bet on them to win.

Btw are there any azn men players in top 100 in tennis. Is there one 1 or 2 guyz. i think a jap and a guy from taiwan. Hmmm,,, cos there are now heaps of azn women playing well in the wta.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

With Federer out from the competition, I support Murray to win the Key Biscayne title

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    With Federer out from the competition, I support Murray to win the Key Biscayne title
    Novak Djokovic all the way!